Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 511 512 [513] 514 515 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1331817 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #7680 on: June 21, 2017, 05:35:40 am »

Managed to land a plane and stop before shooting past the runway. And in a manner that didn't involve a fiery  explosion.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7681 on: June 21, 2017, 05:37:03 am »

My Courier handled the Benny's "package". Too bad that Benny himself was unable to handle the Courier.

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #7682 on: June 21, 2017, 05:38:50 am »

Spoiler: Legitimate NSFW (click to show/hide)

Sigged. I don't give my Couriers my nickname/real life name as their name, though. It's mostly for a better immersion, just like I also don't use fast travel in New Vegas.

@ Teneb
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7683 on: June 21, 2017, 05:41:41 am »

Spoiler: Legitimate NSFW (click to show/hide)

Sigged. I don't give my Couriers my nickname/real life name as their name, though. It's mostly for a better immersion, just like I also don't use fast travel in New Vegas.

@ Teneb
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7684 on: June 21, 2017, 05:42:18 am »

> > > not using fast travel

We're done here. :P
Black lives matter.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7685 on: June 21, 2017, 05:56:16 am »

Also, here's what I did with Benny's corpse:

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7686 on: June 21, 2017, 10:42:52 am »

Had a very nearly perfect run in Dead Cells. Pure strength build on upgrades, two fire grenades, an unimportant secondary, and a rapier that had  +20% damage on crits and +175% damage on burning targets.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #7687 on: June 21, 2017, 08:01:29 pm »

I beat the shit out of a bunch of small dogs and a groundhog using nothing but a blue muppet that knows kung-fu.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7688 on: June 21, 2017, 08:02:44 pm »

Sawk is pretty amazing. Too bad his brother isn't quite as good.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7689 on: June 22, 2017, 01:37:34 am »

Managed to land a plane and stop before shooting past the runway. And in a manner that didn't involve a fiery  explosion.

I had that game at one point but my pc at the time could not run it.  Instead I was always just entranced in the detail just from reading the manual and by the time I got a decent computer I had lost the discs.  I oughta see if I can find it on GoG or something.

------

My own own wasn't so much of an own as one of those heroic moments everyone dreams about having in an mmo.  FF14 I'm casually fishing in coerthas central.  Helping a buddy level his fishing by using my 'provider of the realm' to capture all the fish he needs easier than he could so he could turn them in for repeatable quests so he'd level faster.

Another player I don't know comes close to my fishing hole and examines something on the ground before being attacked by a monster.  Clearly part of some low level quest I don't remember.  I continue fishing, even as a non combat class, just by virtue of levels the monster is no threat to me.  Then I notice the player is starting to lose the fight.  So I calmly catch the fish I had on my hook, switched class to Dragoon, and absolutely destroyed the monster in a few jumps.  The player was very grateful and thanked me profusely while I went back to my fishing.

It feels good to have the opportunity to be a hero.

Final Fantasy 14
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7690 on: June 22, 2017, 04:36:59 am »

I had that game at one point but my pc at the time could not run it.  Instead I was always just entranced in the detail just from reading the manual and by the time I got a decent computer I had lost the discs.  I oughta see if I can find it on GoG or something.

I picked it up in a very cheap bundle of old Novalogic games on Steam. Many of which I played but lost the discs to, too.

...Not sure if I ever saw it on GoG, though.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7691 on: June 22, 2017, 05:23:28 am »

I beat the shit out of a bunch of small dogs and a groundhog using nothing but a blue muppet that knows kung-fu.

Sawk is a fantastic pokemon right up until the end game. Not so hot competitively, but Sturdy is always good, and it has a decent moveset with usable attack, and way, way too many major characters have weaknesses to Fighting.

Throh is Sawk but without any stats but HP and defense. Only thing he's good for is that wacky Storm Throw shit.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7692 on: June 22, 2017, 11:13:05 am »

Decided to check out "New Vegas Bounties" mod. The first target was Tom Quigly, rumored to be "the best marksman in the Wasteland". I saw him dicking around his camp on the hill, so I took my Ratslayer out and sniped him. I love using Ratslayer, the rifle is so good.

Fallout: New Vegas

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #7693 on: June 23, 2017, 08:17:44 pm »

Defeated Nuibaba. My strategy was as such:
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.
Spoiler: Map musings (click to show/hide)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7694 on: June 25, 2017, 02:34:17 pm »

Elizabeth the 13th had just started out in the shelter, having a nail board and an emergency jacket to her name. Within minutes of trotting towards town, she spotted him: A shocker brute standing next to a window, alone. She jogged out, shouted, and when she had confirmed that the brute was approaching she ducked back into the shelter and waited. As soon as he entered the window, she donked it on the head with her nail board, striking it down instantly. Reveling in her victory, she put her emergency blanket back on and headed towards town.
(it would probably ruin the moment if I told you that she promptly trotted over to Elizabeth the Eleventh's corpse which was next to the window where the brute originally as and picked up her knife spear, already well coated in crackling electric blood from fighting it beforehand. Still, offing it first blow was nice, I couldn't have beat it if it had any more health)
Pages: 1 ... 511 512 [513] 514 515 ... 711