Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 503 504 [505] 506 507 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1331972 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #7560 on: May 22, 2017, 03:16:01 pm »

Spoiler: Mount & Blade spiel (click to show/hide)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7561 on: May 22, 2017, 05:07:05 pm »

I've mainly been selling my prisoners to ransom brokers.

Though I have no idea what you're talking about when you mention which town to go to - I always seem to spawn in front of a training field in the Kingdom of Nords (I think) - the one with the forest bandits.

I also don't seem to have a proper commands window - When I press the F# keys I see a status message reading "Infantry/Archers/Cavalry/Everyone, hear me!" but I don't know what buttons to press afterwards.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7562 on: May 22, 2017, 06:39:46 pm »

If I remember correctly, F1~F4 are the action commands. You can tap them once to give a command on your position, or press and hold to point to distant places to carry them out. It's a bit clunky, yes, but you aren't giving them out frequently nor in the heat of battle so it's bearable.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7563 on: May 22, 2017, 07:27:12 pm »

Thanks for the hints.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7564 on: May 22, 2017, 07:58:57 pm »

Thanks for the hints.

1, 2, 3 select your first three groups, which are infantry/archers/cavalry respectively. You can make your own groups later on too. 0 selects everyone. F1 shows movement commands, like "Hold this position" "Follow me" "Charge" "Stand your ground" "Retreat" etc.
Holding down F1 brings up a little flag, which is where you can dictate a specific area to "hold this position" at.

Alternatively, press Backspace to bring up the command minimap and tell them from there.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #7565 on: May 22, 2017, 08:11:17 pm »

Though I have no idea what you're talking about when you mention which town to go to - I always seem to spawn in front of a training field in the Kingdom of Nords (I think) - the one with the forest bandits.
Wait, are you playing original M&B or Warband?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #7566 on: May 22, 2017, 08:33:47 pm »

Well, original Mount and Blade was free on something recently, so...
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7567 on: May 22, 2017, 10:37:44 pm »

Original. If I'd been playing on Warband, I'd have put ": Warband" at the very end of the game title.

I like to think I'm not the type to leave the obvious things out.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7568 on: May 23, 2017, 01:43:30 am »

Original M&B is so old at this point that most people just assume you're referring to the (vastly superior) M&B: Warband. In fact, you're really not doing yourself justice by playing the original. Half the fun is in multiplayer, not to mention the much larger modding community. I've only put 1106 hours into it on Steam.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #7569 on: May 23, 2017, 05:30:07 am »

I mean
Is Warband free?
Didn't think so :P
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7570 on: May 23, 2017, 06:30:16 am »

Original M&B is so old at this point that most people just assume you're referring to the (vastly superior) M&B: Warband. In fact, you're really not doing yourself justice by playing the original. Half the fun is in multiplayer, not to mention the much larger modding community. I've only put 1106 hours into it on Steam.
I'll probably get decent internet never in the next decade.
What are the chances that anyone will still be playing multiplayer on M&B at that timing? :<

XCOM: Enemy Within; Long War

Apparently getting the Sentinel perk, plus Rapid Reaction, and Opportunist, allows a stable man-powered turret platform of FUN, especially if Aim+ perks are popping up very cheesily.
As I play Ironman, Impossible setting on LW, this kind of perk tree is heaven sent--especially since I got it on a Heavy Gunner with very high accuracy (having edited the .init file to make the speed like the normal XCOM, which technically makes it the same speed but with all features of LW [the annoying fatigue timer, the annoying alien hp+++++ because of tech over time, and only editing the repair/rest time because who in the world repairs a supersonic jet for more than a week to change weapons?])

This means ~3 shots, if everything hits (as LW edited the Rapid Reaction to +1 shot until 3 shots max), times two due to the Sentinel perk. I mean, speaking from personal experience in contrast to a restriction noted here, I had a Heavy Gunner take on a whole EXALT team spotted in the open by overwatch'ing their moves very well. [Counted; 6 EXALT folks in the open, with more in the fog of war. 2 shots on one moving a long distance, taking him out after getting his life down to 1hp. Took out another runner who appeared from the fog of war. Took out a runner moving to climb a building. Took out a runner going to cover. Wounded a runner who climbed a nearby building.]
All because she critical'd EVERYONE.

And I'm blazing through Impossible at this rate, thanks to a lucky set of using a small squad and editing the max # of folks to 10 (+2 from officer training, with the hardcoded max being 12)
I consider this doing well with aliens having more than 6+ life, at least. :-[

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7571 on: May 23, 2017, 01:57:52 pm »

So I've been able to keep myself and my small army afloat for almost a month!

Granted, some of the missions are irritating for whatever reason, but I think things are going quite well for now. Haven't made any major enemies and my army's large enough to take down bandits while still fast enough to catch up to them in the first place.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7572 on: May 23, 2017, 05:15:47 pm »

Isn't mount and blade getting a sequal?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7573 on: May 23, 2017, 06:02:07 pm »

Yes, Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord. It's set way prior to the dates in M&B and M&B Warband, in the old calradian empire. From the screenshots and dev blog, numerous systems are getting added/improved, including much better graphics, a significantly larger world map and more factions, and iirc it's a brave new engine? I'm reasonably sure of that, it looks quite nice and I'm personally looking forward to it

https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7574 on: May 23, 2017, 06:20:33 pm »

Not sure where else to ask this but:

Was trying to install the 1866 mod, but it's for M&B 1.011.

I download the update from the Talesworld forums (from M&B repository)

After I installed it, however, I'm suddenly placed into trial mode...

I opened M&B from the GOG shortcut, and the trial message doesn't reappear... Do I suddenly have to pay for the game or something?
Pages: 1 ... 503 504 [505] 506 507 ... 711