Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 500 501 [502] 503 504 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1332020 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #7515 on: May 17, 2017, 09:06:49 am »

The Fulton makes TPP way too easy on the whole.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7516 on: May 17, 2017, 02:05:05 pm »

Killed a bunch of chainsaw-wielding college students (I think?) with a chaingun.

Also took down a pirate VS Ninja fight with a rocket launcher, and blew up a violent environmental protest with satchel charges.

I now have unlimited ammo for my very powerful pair of Kobra pistols.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Try doing the Snatch activities, after level 6 you get unlimited SMG ammo for all the drive by and matrix gun-fu you could ever dream of.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7517 on: May 17, 2017, 02:08:40 pm »

The Fulton Ballista makes TPP way too easy on the whole.
Black lives matter.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7518 on: May 17, 2017, 02:13:02 pm »

Killed a bunch of chainsaw-wielding college students (I think?) with a chaingun.

Also took down a pirate VS Ninja fight with a rocket launcher, and blew up a violent environmental protest with satchel charges.

I now have unlimited ammo for my very powerful pair of Kobra pistols.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Try doing the Snatch activities, after level 6 you get unlimited SMG ammo for all the drive by and matrix gun-fu you could ever dream of.

Thing is, the Kobra is already an auto-pistol.

Granted, it's only got twenty rounds and goes through them quite quickly, but it's also got a pretty fast reload.

I've also discovered the joys of cruise control, which should help me avoid the driving glitch I've encountered (I put something about this in the "How did you last die" thread).

Haven't done the later levels of Snatch because recovering hos from pimps who try to re-snatch them is a bitch (pun intended) to deal with. Especially since you can't just shoot everywhere and then pour a 40 oz. on the aftermath, since the hos don't count as ho-mies (ha ha) while they're being re-snatched.

The Fulton Ballista makes TPP way too easy on the whole.
There we go.

Was about to make some snide remark about how the Fulton allowed you to upgrade your crew, thus allowing you to upgrade your weapons, making the game much easier, especially as countermeasures are put in place, but you already handled it.

This does remind me of a video I saw on Saint's Row 2 VS Saint's Row IV - the person who made the vid hated weapon upgrades and character because they made the game too EASY MODO and because they couldn't be undone.

You got dual pistols? You're stuck with them.

You got exploding bullets? You're stuck with them.

You got acid rounds? You're stuck with them, too.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #7519 on: May 17, 2017, 02:37:32 pm »

...Couldn't he just not buy them?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7520 on: May 17, 2017, 02:43:34 pm »

To be fair, you won't always realize something is that good until after you buy it.
Black lives matter.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7521 on: May 17, 2017, 02:44:49 pm »

Occasionally he'd just purchase a few upgrades for a gun and then he'd save, not knowing he'd saved the weapon upgrades as well.

Also, the vid creator hated the way the acid rounds looked.

The fact that they were always green (and would thus clash with the many weapon skins for the acid round's associated gun) was the main source of his enmity - he compared them unfavorably to a fart.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7522 on: May 17, 2017, 02:45:26 pm »

To be fair, you won't always realize something is that good until after you buy it.
When are dual pistols ever bad?

How about exploding bullets?

Hell, even acid bullets sound awesome.

Worst case scenario he could always re-load to an earlier save.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7523 on: May 17, 2017, 02:46:36 pm »

In the case of this specific vid author, as described above, they make the game too easy. I think that would be pretty bad, maybe?
Black lives matter.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7524 on: May 17, 2017, 02:47:28 pm »

I for one like the option to be able to run missions with dumb shit like melee only or pistol only.

Edit: and having every equipable weapon be god mode would kinda kill the spirit of that one

Double edit: I did play Saint's Row 3 and I wasn't bothered by any of the upgrades.  However I've also heard that the later superhero stuff does break the games by, for example, making cars useless (in a GTA clone with a detailed car customization system).
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 02:56:46 pm by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7525 on: May 17, 2017, 02:51:17 pm »

There's no way that someone could see the opportunity to double their firepower (dual pistols, ferex) and not think that game difficulty might be affected somewhat by taking it. Unless the difficulty spikes to compensate (or the increasing difficulty of the game leads towards dual-wielding being a vital upgrade), I think this dude must have known that things would get a bit easier.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7526 on: May 17, 2017, 03:19:54 pm »

"A bit" is not "too easy".
Black lives matter.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7527 on: May 17, 2017, 03:34:30 pm »

I was trying not to overstate. Obviously, doubling your rate of fire and shots-per-clip is a pretty hefty upgrade. Especially in Saint's Row, which as far as I know doesn't impose a drop in accuracy when dual-wielding anything.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7528 on: May 17, 2017, 04:11:47 pm »

I was trying not to overstate. Obviously, doubling your rate of fire and shots-per-clip is a pretty hefty upgrade. Especially in Saint's Row, which as far as I know doesn't impose a drop in accuracy when dual-wielding anything.

I think it doesn't drop reload rates either - they remain he same in 2 at least.

I've also heard that the later superhero stuff does break the games by, for example, making cars useless (in a GTA clone with a detailed car customization system).

I think the game started life as a GTA clone, but since 2 the game has become much different.

For starters, in GTA you can't custom-make every aspect of your characterful, from body type to clothing colors and patterns.

Ditto for the vehicles.

Incidentally, the vid author noted that the addition of superpowers meant Saints Row could no longer be compared to itself.

I should probably link to the vid so we're all on the same page, but I'm on school wifi and YouTube is blocked.

Here it is.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 05:32:33 pm by AzyWng »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7529 on: May 17, 2017, 04:43:16 pm »

In 3 I had great fun making enemies do hilarious backflips and fly through the air when I shot them with dual explosive pistols. :V
Pages: 1 ... 500 501 [502] 503 504 ... 711