Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 493 494 [495] 496 497 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1332091 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #7410 on: April 20, 2017, 12:36:48 pm »

Went 4-4-1 in my first Blood Bowl 2 regular SP season. Which is a huge step for me. I feel like I'm finally starting to get the hang of things! Maybe I'll try out MP soon, and eventually graduate to the legendary FUMBBL!

EDIT: Playing Orcs for those interested.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7411 on: April 20, 2017, 01:55:02 pm »

I took a poop sooo big it didnt flush down the industrial strength toilet in one go.

It .... just kind of folded halfway and mocked gravity
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7412 on: April 21, 2017, 09:37:25 pm »

Won my first real victory against the Automatons. Despite them having a higher starting fleet strength, as well as more ships(3 vs 5), mine were bigger and carried several missile launchers that tore into them in the opening phase. The first round, they lost two of their ships in the opening volley, followed by another one being almost destroyed. All three of my ships were banged up but functional. Next turn, they managed to somehow rebuild their destroyed ships, but they and another were again destroyed in the opening salvo. And despite getting out-carded at both middle and melee range, both their remaining ships were destroyed at the cost of one of mine.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7413 on: April 21, 2017, 10:14:22 pm »

I took a poop sooo big it didnt flush down the industrial strength toilet in one go.

It .... just kind of folded halfway and mocked gravity

O thank god im not the only one who does this
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7414 on: April 21, 2017, 10:32:28 pm »

Ampersand and I shot our way through the Swarm in the U.S.G. map by ourselves in only two tries.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7415 on: April 21, 2017, 11:02:56 pm »

Joined a random Nightmare Horn of Magnus game to complete a daily. 3/4 slots already full, so I opt for Kerillian over Markus. Been slowly learning to play her; turns out that Trueshot bows are awesome, though my only decent weapon set is a pair of dual daggers that are remarkably unhelpful at avoiding damage.

First sign that something might be problematic: I join as we're in the intro cinematic. The map was listed as 'started' before I joined... which leads me to believe they might've just wiped and restarted. Or the game just glitched and claimed they'd 'started' incorrectly, I dunno, it's really hard to trust this game's server browser sometimes. And hey, it does mean I get to play the whole map, instead of joining halfway through with a nearly-dead character, so I'm not going to complain too loudly!

Early encounters go fine, minus a little unnecessary friendly-fire damage from our Wizard. The Rat Ogre spawns right after the guard house, and immediately focuses on me. I promptly decide to learn how to dodge, holding the Ogre's attention through 5 consecutive dodges while taking no hits and dealing the most damage to it. Not going to lie, was mildly proud of that one, especially since I normally get hit repeatedly when the Ogres target me.

And then we get past the blast door, and the crew splits up to loot the market and grab the second grimoire... except instead we end up with a patrol coming right through the door, splitting us up with no mention of stealth. Oh crap. I get a nice bomb into the horde, then myself and the Wizard each kill 4 Stormvermin. By the time we're done, though, the Dwarf is dead, and the Witch Hunter gets downed by a Packmaster while my 'intelligent' bow is shooting the random clanrats next to him, and is then finished off seconds before I can get the revive. Bugger; we're down two teammates now (and one Grimoire).

Thankfully, the Wizard and I manage to hold off the next horde and push forwards to get the rescues. The Dwarf immediately turns around to grab the second Grimore, back in the town square. No accounting for Dwarfen greed, I guess.

The rest of the fight is largely uneventful. We clear the tavern and roofs, eventually convince the Dwarf to stop ignoring medical supplies and heal, and handle the tower and defense mission elegantly. Final loot is short one grimoire die, but we did pick up one cursed loot die. I take a look at the reward chart and start begging for 3 hits for the exotic.

Instead, I get 7 hits. Out of seven. With only one grimoire die and one cursed die. On Nightmare, that's enough for a free red-rarity weapon, the top quality tier in the game. I walk away from that random daily mission with Victor's red-quality two-handed sword... which would be more exciting if I didn't have two exotic 2H swords for Victor, or hadn't just trashed three blue and green quality 2H swords, or if I had any other weapons at all for Victor above white quality. But still, random red loot is always fun!

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #7416 on: April 22, 2017, 04:41:41 am »

Pontus doesn't exist anymore and I'm happy as hell. I reduced them to one province and yet they still managed to fight me off quite a few times. Next target is Dacia and then Civil War.

Rome: Total War 1
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7417 on: April 22, 2017, 05:45:02 am »

An event allowed me to dump several large pirate fleets on the enemy... at the cost what was everything in my treasury... and while I was simultaneously attacking the enemy worlds.

Naturally, they immediately turned against me and started to attack me once I pulled back from the world I was attacking. Before the battle, I was able to pull all my ships together into one fleet, giving me a strength of ~1500 against the pirates' ~1200. Lost a ship during the missile duel, but they lost several. Ripped apart several more at gun range, leaving only one left to die at close range with minimal damage to my fleet besides the one ship.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7418 on: April 22, 2017, 04:49:45 pm »

Just got home from owning it up on the dancefloor. Yeee boi!

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7419 on: April 22, 2017, 06:17:12 pm »

Got my first promotion barely two days into the game.

I've been kicking a lot of ass.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7420 on: April 23, 2017, 01:00:42 am »

People have been such cowards in that game.

"We shouldn't turn on onslaught until we can beat the level the first time" they say, with 8 players and on normal mode.  Pshhhh, you gotta be scared, or you aren't getting that genuine Aliens experience.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7421 on: April 24, 2017, 09:16:53 pm »

Over the course of two turns, I mind-controlled an entire ship of aliens. iirc the only one of my units I moved out of the Skyranger was a HWP.

Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7422 on: April 25, 2017, 08:37:19 am »

Just got home from owning it up on the dancefloor. Yeee boi!

Is it on steam
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7423 on: April 25, 2017, 09:43:54 am »

It's not even PC, usually.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7424 on: April 25, 2017, 10:15:23 am »

It's not even PC, usually.
Yeah, Real Life is a Switch exclusive.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 493 494 [495] 496 497 ... 711