Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 484 485 [486] 487 488 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1332214 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #7275 on: February 25, 2017, 02:58:14 pm »

If you're ever playing Dark Souls and feel the need to slaughter unfortunate casuals, I can highly recommend 40 strength, 36 endurance, the Demon Great Machete, full Havel's, the Mask of the Mother, and 50 vitality. Add the FaP ring and you have nearly 2000 hitpoints.

Anyone with significant skill at the game can wreck you fairly easily because strength weapons suck at the higher levels of play, but everyone else can pretty easily be flattened. The DGM is obscene, 650AR two-handed. Of course, it's arguably worse in every way than the Great Club, but eh.

Dark Souls.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7276 on: February 25, 2017, 07:18:39 pm »

Fought my way through an absolutely massive prison/military base, solo, without dying once. I didn't really keep track of how many gun-toting, shield-bearing, knife-wielding foes I dispatched, but they came in clusters of anywhere from 3 to 6 at a time. 80 kills would be a conservative estimate.

My entire inventory was full long before I finished clearing the place. Wound up dumping things I figured were either easily replaced or just not that valuable and still I ran out of room. I constantly ate in order to clear space and still I found more things.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7277 on: February 25, 2017, 10:04:04 pm »

Finally beat the High Command mission in the Operation Arrowhead campaign where you're a tank commander who also needs to give orders to several other armor and mechanized infantry units to capture an airfield. I finally got a feel for how I'm supposed to get the AI units to not rush into battle and get themselves killed in 5 seconds, so I was able to reach the actual airfield with my tank and most of the other units mostly intact. I tried to get the other units to draw the fire of the tanks guarding the airstrip while I sniped them all with SABOT rounds, but unfortunately they managed to figure out what I was doing while there were still a couple of them left and shot the hell out of my tank, completely disabling it. I then proceeded to hide behind the trashed tank for several more minutes continuing to radio orders to the other guys while my two crewmen made sure nobody tried to flank around and get me. Luckily the other guys managed to pull through and dispatch the remaining enemies.

ArmA 2: Combined Operations. This game is fucking awesome when it works, but a lot of things, namely the Harvest Red campaign, are just plain broken.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 10:06:11 pm by IronTomato »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7278 on: February 26, 2017, 02:32:50 am »

Took some frustrations out in PvP. Got a nice streak going before I ran into a guy using Gundyr's halberd pretty damn well. Didn't not realize it could unlock and redirect that fast. He blasted me out of the water without talking a hit. Play a little more, get a streak back up, and I run into him again. I play a bit more conservatively this time, get more of a feel for him. He really loves that weapon art, which is pretty damn good. The problem is it's long, and you have to start the charge a ways back. I give him the opportunity to set it up and manage to nail him with a full charged strong attack. Wham. Half his health disappears. He starts to play conservative, staying away from the weapon art and making standard slashes. Still, he loves that damn thing too much and sets it up again. I'm not fancy this time, I just poise through it with my weapon art and trade hits to victory.

God I love second chances.

DS III
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7279 on: February 26, 2017, 03:13:03 am »

Got summoned by someone, and grossly incandescent this time, too. We (along with a sorcerer phantom) made it from the second Lothric bonfire all the way to Vordt and defeated the red-eyed knight, but the host waved and then black-crystaled us for whatever reason.

I messaged them on Steam and told them I had fun with the session. They said they'd sent us away because they needed another Estus charge, so I said I could pop down my sign again and try the boss.

Five minutes later I was the proud owner of my first Sunlight Medal. Hooray for jolly co-operation! :D

Dark Souls 3
Black lives matter.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #7280 on: February 26, 2017, 12:28:59 pm »

I got married! Here's some of the wedding photos!

Mount & Blade: Warband
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7281 on: February 26, 2017, 12:44:40 pm »

Is that a specific mod? Also, original, Warband, or what?

I know it's not, but it looks like you and your bride are fist-bumping in the first picture.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7282 on: February 26, 2017, 12:46:31 pm »

At first I thought you meant in real life and I said "Ha, nerd."

Then I realized you didn't and I said "Ha, nerd."
Black lives matter.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7283 on: February 26, 2017, 03:21:04 pm »

I know it's not, but it looks like you and your bride are fist-bumping in the first picture.

Wonder Twin powers activate!

Form of... badly textured wedding dress!

Form of... ITS ALMOST HARVESTING SEASON.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #7284 on: February 26, 2017, 06:30:45 pm »

Is that a specific mod? Also, original, Warband, or what?

Warband, unmodded.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7285 on: February 27, 2017, 03:20:54 pm »

Punched a cliff racer out of the sky mid-air. Levitation FTW!

Morrowind.
._.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7286 on: February 27, 2017, 04:39:41 pm »

Punched a cliff racer out of the sky mid-air. Levitation FTW!

Morrowind.

The ultimate feat of Muscle Wizardliness.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7287 on: February 27, 2017, 06:04:42 pm »

I guess this applies to much of the thread, but...  NICE!

I... hm, avoiding spoilers, but I finally tracked down a legendary assassin.  On a previous go I had tried sleep darts, but (as I discovered this time in a message) he is canonically immune due to magick.  Which had lead to a pretty freaking awesome and game-capping running fight across the rooftops, with much dialogue.

This time, I silently assassinated his bodyguard, warped behind him, and put a knife through his neck.  DONE

This run has actually been a bit of an "own", because I'm on the hardest difficulty and using only autosaves.  As a result, I'm only using nonlethal when it's not a risk to my self - which is still about half the time, honestly, but...  Yeah, the city is visibly going to shit from my "murders".

Declining to name the game, but it's not obscure.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7288 on: February 27, 2017, 06:24:49 pm »

Could it be that Rolan is playing the long-rumored serial killer roguelike?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7289 on: February 27, 2017, 06:31:50 pm »

Could it be that Rolan is playing the long-rumored serial killer roguelike?
If that is an actual thing, please someone hook me up.
* Rolan7 is an Angband nerd
Roguelikes 4ever.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 484 485 [486] 487 488 ... 711