Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 483 484 [485] 486 487 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1332218 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #7260 on: February 24, 2017, 06:29:43 pm »

Oh sorry, it's Master of Orion 2.  Old DOS game, on GOG.
Don't get MoO3, it's awful.  MoO4 (the relatively new one) might be cool - the voice actors are good, at least.
Though I'm pretty happy with MoO1 (earlier but different), MoO2, and Master of Magic (Age of Wonders 1/2 except less advanced but somehow less grindy).
Age of Wonders 2 is pretty dang good actually, and even looks good too.

No seriously I gave MoO3 a really strong try recently, and it was just *bad*.  Everything it says about "You're the administrator - you don't have to care about the micro!" SEEMS true based on the controls, but...  it isn't actually true.  You have to micro, more than ever, but the controls make it harder to do so.
Such a shame...  It could have been a new genre of macro-strategy, like it promised.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7261 on: February 24, 2017, 07:14:09 pm »

Oh sorry, it's Master of Orion 2.  Old DOS game, on GOG.
Don't get MoO3, it's awful.  MoO4 (the relatively new one) might be cool - the voice actors are good, at least.
Though I'm pretty happy with MoO1 (earlier but different), MoO2, and Master of Magic (Age of Wonders 1/2 except less advanced but somehow less grindy).
Age of Wonders 2 is pretty dang good actually, and even looks good too.

No seriously I gave MoO3 a really strong try recently, and it was just *bad*.  Everything it says about "You're the administrator - you don't have to care about the micro!" SEEMS true based on the controls, but...  it isn't actually true.  You have to micro, more than ever, but the controls make it harder to do so.
Such a shame...  It could have been a new genre of macro-strategy, like it promised.

The new one does look solid but all the reviews got the same issue, the ai's bad. Seems fixable, but id only buy it on sale.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7262 on: February 24, 2017, 07:41:25 pm »

Master of Magic (Age of Wonders 1/2 except less advanced but somehow less grindy).

Did you seriously just compare Master of Magic to being like Age of Wonders?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7263 on: February 24, 2017, 07:45:16 pm »

Uh yeah because Age of Wonders is a clear spiritual sequel and improves upon MoM in many ways.
Especially in 2 (1 is awkward).
Fite me friendo
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7264 on: February 24, 2017, 08:21:53 pm »

()mm
 |//
 |
/\
Got your fite right here.

Also, you have it backwards, AoW is like MoM. You don't normally put the successor second when you make a comparison like that.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7265 on: February 24, 2017, 08:22:52 pm »

What kind of fight is that? The guy only has two fingers on each hand!

Crab battle for the century I guess.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7266 on: February 24, 2017, 08:26:20 pm »

Nerd fight, nerd fight, nerd fight.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7267 on: February 24, 2017, 09:34:45 pm »

If you saw my post in the death thread on how I couldn't beat Robin, I did.

Now I just need to figure out how if I can do that again on Hard.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7268 on: February 24, 2017, 10:25:31 pm »

Applause.

Any change to the setup, or did you brute force it?
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7269 on: February 24, 2017, 10:28:26 pm »

Managed to actually run the game (a feat in itself, considering I don't meet the minimum requirements), get to the High Wall, get summoned, defeat an invader, and coop for about ten minutes before my framerate dropped so low the game booted me from online play. Farewell, Nyx the Sly and Queen An... Ana... Queen Something. I will look back upon our brief adventures with fondness.

Dark Souls 3
Black lives matter.

Harpadarpa.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7270 on: February 25, 2017, 02:15:46 am »

Smash Brothers Project M. Against my tournament skill level friend.

Wario (me) vs Marth (his main)

I just saw the code man. He tried his hardest, but for whatever reason, in that match, I could just read his every movement. Spiked him 2 times with Wario's crazy ground pound, launched him off the side once with my side special (Wario's "GOOO" in PM), and psyched him out, got him to miss the ledge once.

Meanwhile, he spiked me with Marth's dair once, and baited me into suicide with Wario's ground pound twice. I think I may slightly overuse that ground pound.

He immediately went right back to trashing me, but goddamn, that felt satisfying.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7271 on: February 25, 2017, 05:45:21 am »

A single day's trading put my money from around 26-27k to over 90k. Most of it came from selling nails, with a significant contribution from bricks.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7272 on: February 25, 2017, 10:03:01 am »

Applause.

Any change to the setup, or did you brute force it?

I put Takumi at the front, having him take out the Axeman, put Selena within Robin's attack range, and tried to keep room for Lissa and Beruka to jump in if needed. Takumi dropped to single-digit hitpoints from the mage attacks, but I was able to keep him out of harm's way so he turned out fine. Selena's high Resistance (if that's what Res is short for) allowed her to take minimal damage from both Robin and the other mages, and her weapon advantage was able to defeat Robin within less than two turns.

I can't actually quite remember, but I know using Lissa's heal on several occasions within the battle, and Beruka took down one of the spearmen before he could attack (and one-shot) Selena.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7273 on: February 25, 2017, 10:24:14 am »

That is indeed what Res stands for.

Anyway, congrats! That mission is a pain if you can't properly lure the bad guys in.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7274 on: February 25, 2017, 10:27:14 am »

An older own, but I uploaded the footage recently so I might as well plug it. :p

I squashed Lady Maria like a friggin' bug. Not bad considering she's the next-to-last boss of the Old Hunters DLC.

Bloodborne.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 483 484 [485] 486 487 ... 711