Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 475 476 [477] 478 479 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1332326 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #7140 on: January 18, 2017, 02:03:24 am »

Playing a ring game, basically a casual game in which players buy in for a minimum amount of chips (1k in this instance) and can play for as long as they want, leaving the table with however many chips they won or buying in again, if they have the chips to do so. Anyone looking for a game can join at any point if there's a spot open at the table.

I bust out pretty quickly, after about 10 hands or so, and buy back in.

Over the course of the next 30 hands I had a winning streak so good that I was the only player left at the table, and had to leave as a result, with a total of just under 9k in winnings.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7141 on: January 18, 2017, 09:47:28 pm »

DESTROYED the Black Goddess of Fertility with what I have dubbed the "Team Scarlet Wrecking Ball". Chen was there too. I'm doing a semi-challenge run where I can only use people from EoSD and PCB. Sometimes this is ungodly inconvenient, like having Hexer Cirno as my only debuffer of any kind and Reimu as my only Mind-targeting SPI attacker. And sometimes having a front line full of people who can deal high consistent physical damage while taking hits like a boss is really useful. The Black Goddess of Fertility has high regen and some nasty attacks[Like reducing someone's HP to one automatically], but is vulnerable to a lot of elements. Basically everyone on my team could target at least one of them, even if just by basic attacking. I had Ran tune up everyone's attack/magic, Sakuya buff everyone's speed, Remilia become her usual overbuffed powerhouse and Patchouli ready a Grand Incantation. Then I slowed the Goddess to a crawl with Cirno and waited until she used her slowest attack. Then I unleashed my assault. Remilia and Sakuya rained down spears and knives while Hong rotated Chen and Flandre out from the back ranks. The Goddess got a turn while almost dead, regenerated to 1/3 life and killed Flandre and Sakuya while debuffing Hong into near-uselessness. Remilia and Chen were out of MP, leaving Alice, Marisa and Patchouli as my only attackers. Remilia swapped them in fairly quickly, thanks to her Ability to Sustain Freaking Huge Buffs and a Master Spark + Little Legion + Boosted Djinn Gust took out the remainder of the Goddess' health.

Success.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7142 on: January 18, 2017, 11:07:28 pm »

4v4 match on Route N13, 2 British(including me) and 2 American teams against 2 Wehrmacht and 2 Panzer Elite.

A clusterfuck would be a good description of the entire battle. First off, several of the closest resource points require navigating a maze of hedgerows, making grabbing them harder than it should be. Gerry's opening move was to rush infantry and their unarmed scout cars(which can capture points) to grab territory far ahead of their supply lines, just to inconvenience the Allies. On the other hand, the Allies also pushed along the same attack routes, quickly driving off the Germans.

I figured the crossroads in the center of the map would be important, so I initially fortified it with a Vickers MG post, a mortar pit, and a slit trench(which the AI players kept putting 2-3 guys in at a time, preventing me from using it). As it turned out, I largely underestimated how correct I was to do that. In the meantime, I quickly unlocked Churchill tanks, which conveniently dealt with the issue of hedgerow mazes, vastly improving the time it took to move troops around.

As soon as I could, I sent out some sappers armed with PIATs, and added a 17 Pounder AT gun to my position near the crossroads, giving it fairly good sight lines. This was probably the best thing I did the entire battle. After some back and forth with the Germans over resource and victory points(mostly solved by the presence of a Churchill), one of the AI Allies deployed some LoS-clearing flares(not sure if it was a US artillery barrage or another ability), revealing a very, very large column of vehicles moving directly up the road to the crossroads. This began a long siege battle that lasted nearly the entire match.

My fortification of the crossroads worked, as armored car after armored car after eventually tanks charged towards the kill-zone only to by torn apart by the 17lber and a Churchill(eventually destroyed), while infantry was cut down by the Vickers nest and mortars. Infantry was brought up to support, with PIAT sappers adding to the AT carnage and a Bren MG squad and a Rifle-Grenade squad added to the infantry suppression. The other British player had deployed an HQ truck there, allowing me to reinforce squads right there instead of running back halfway across the map. The Germans were so intent on rushing the crossroads that it allowed me to sneak some units around to grab all the victory points, rapidly depleting their score.

Eventually, as the Germans were reduced to around 400 points(of 1000), the US players pushed up an armored convoy of their own. While other infantry squads were busy securing resource points(the AI was not doing this for some reason), I sent in a Crocodile Churchill and a sapper team to support, helping to break a King Tiger that was holding up the Americans. This wasn't enough, however, as even though the Americans damaged at least one of the German bases, the enemy was still cranking out tanks and starting to push back. They even learned to flank the crossroads, avoiding the fire area of the AT gun.

As the points were counting down, I rallied what troops I could, stopping the enemy from resecuring any victory points, and stopping an attack on one of my HQ trucks by blowing up a Panzer with a PIAT. Even so, it looked like there was no shortage of German armor, and a breakthrough looked imminent. Then the score counted down to zero, victory for the Allies.

Allied casualties: Infantry: British: 53(me)/61(AI)
                                       US: 124/191
                                       Total: 429
                       Vehicles*: British: 2(me)/4(AI)
                                       US: 8/3
                                       Total: 17

Axis casualties: Infantry: Wehrmacht: 109/116
                                     Panzer Elite: 76/86
                                     Total: 387
                       Vehicles: Wehrmach: 22/18
                                     Panzer Elite: 26/39
                                     Total: 105
*Includes motorcycles and the like.

So yeah, we lost more men, but destroyed many, many more vehicles.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7143 on: January 21, 2017, 01:37:42 am »

I took a job to track down an enemy planetary outpost and steal some data. After setting down I dismissed my ship and set towards the outpost in my buggy. As I approached, I decided to attack the outpost's defensive turrets, however that alerted a small fighter stationed nearby which scrambled to respond to my assault. With laser beams raining from above, I quickly hacked the data point and recalled my ship which landed a couple hundred meters from the outpost. As I raced full speed towards my Imperial Eagle ship, the fighter's lasers stripped my buggy's shields away. By the skin of my teeth I reached the ship and took cover under it, but the eagle's shields were soon failing themselves, being completely stripped away by the time the ship took off. I raced for the sky, hoping to escape the planet's gravitational lock while still under heavy fire... with just 40% hull left and modules taking damage, I finally got enough altitude to hyperjump away. Quite exciting.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #7144 on: January 21, 2017, 02:55:21 pm »

Turns out I'm actually pretty good at PvP in this game. Who knew? Admittedly, some of my success is with the generic Uchi or Gold Tracer type setup, but I've also picked up some wins with a +1 Dragonslayer Spear (not the easiest feat in a SL160 bracket). I should probably pick up some more demon titanite for that.

Dark Souls.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7145 on: January 21, 2017, 05:39:00 pm »

That Mismagius I trained worked pretty well. Took her on a test run through a Battle Royal.

Me: Mismagius. To my right: Scrafty(with Intimidate). Across: Durant. To my left: Cofagrigus.

Turn 1: Durant uses Baton Pass and switches to Crobat, passing along the attack reduction. Mismagius hits Cofagrigus with Shadow Ball. Scrafty uses Dragon Dance. Cofagrigus hits Crobat with Shadow Ball.

Turn 2: I figure that rather than gang up on me, they'll try to killsteal Cofagrigus. I was right. Crobat knocks out Cofagrigus with Air Slash. Scrafty uses Rock Slide*, for roughly half damage on Mismagius, Crobat dodged it. Mismagius knocks out Crobat with Shadow Ball.

Turn 3: Heracross replaces Crobat. Ferrothorn replaces Cofagrigus. Heracross used Endure. Scrafty used Taunt on Mismagius. Mismagius hits Heracross with Shadow Ball(roughly 45% damage). Ferrothorn knocks out Mismagius with Payback.

Turn 4: Primarina replaces Mismagius. Scrafty uses Taunt on Primarina. Heracross uses Earthquake*, minimal damage on all. Primarina knocks out Heracross with Moonblast. Ferrothorn uses Gyro Ball on Scrafty.

Turn 5: Durant replaces Heracross. Scrafty knocks out Ferrothorn with High Jump Kick. Durant uses Dig, accelerated with a Power Herb, minimal damage on Primarina. Primarina knocks out Durant with Oceanic Operetta. Battle ends because the player across is out of Pokemon. I have the highest score.

*Moves that hit multiple targets have their power cut in half during Battle Royals.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #7146 on: January 21, 2017, 05:47:30 pm »

So the enemy team had four titans and we had none, and on top of that it was a Bounty Hunt mission and there was a Bounty target. I jumped on one of the enemy Titan's and pulled the battery, which gave me the progress needed to call in my own. I hopped in, and finished off the same Titan, that was low on health already from some anti-Titan weapon fire from my teammates. I managed to down one more of the enemy Titans, but I was doomed. I dashed towards the others, and Nuclear-Ejected. The blast killed the enemy team's remaining Titans, giving me another one instantly. Mid-air, I called it in on top of the Bounty Target, killing it. My team was behind before this, now they were a good thousand in the lead.

Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7147 on: January 21, 2017, 07:30:04 pm »

I...

What am I playing?

Spoiler: mlg.wad (click to show/hide)

30 seconds and no more.

Maybe this should go into the other thread?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7148 on: January 22, 2017, 12:32:54 am »

GAME OF THE YEAR: 420 BLAZE IT

Actual title.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7149 on: January 22, 2017, 12:52:01 am »

This was the first time I've ever done anything near this badass and I don't think I ever will again.
Don't worry about that. If the sequel is anything like the first game then you'll have tons of badass moments.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Gigalith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • O and H Books
« Reply #7150 on: January 22, 2017, 01:28:24 pm »

The last other player, a Druid, had an army literally over a thousand strong, the front consisting of over a screen or two of moose and great boars. I, playing a high priestess of Baal (or at this point, actually Baal), was planning a guerrilla war where I would use a Golden Wizard to slowly burn all the Druid's forests down. The force in question, consisting of about twenty to thirty humans, a few scorpions, about three to five mages of various sorts, and, of course, Baal, got a little too close. The doomstack spotted us.

The resulting battle was so epic that my computer would hang briefly at the beginning of every turn as hundreds of units tried to pathfind their way to the distant front. Despite the sheer number of pyrotechnics on my side, including Baal double-casting Rupture on some turns, the moose/boar horde wore away at my front line, eventually killing some of the mages. While a High Priestess could cast Terror, and Baal could quadrupole-cast Terror if he felt like it, earlier Rupture/Fireball/everything else casts had berserked the solid screens worth of normal boars--and terror was no longer effective. Eventually, the only survivor was Baal.

Who survived quite well. At this point I realized that the reason I had almost never seen him take damage before was because of intrinstic Blood Vengeance. Most attacks just went back to the attackers. Meanwhile, Baal's intrinsic Dread scared almost every melee opponent away. The result was a massacre, as the horde of other animals and finally humans were killed by Baal's spells and everything else. At last one Druid (the original, by the name) came and fought Baal in hand-to-hand. Turn 200 passed, and everyone starting starving--but Baal had over a hundred hitpoints more. Thus ended the Druid.

End result: Everyone except Baal died, and Baal now has over a thousand kills. (And a missing eye.)

Moral of the story: Baal is really, really powerful. Also, don't get in range of a doomstack.

EDIT:

« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 04:26:25 pm by Gigalith »
Check out my books at O and H Books

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7151 on: January 22, 2017, 01:52:36 pm »

Seven Jumpers gave their lives to reach the Queen's nest. Armed with an E.U.V. Light, Healing Cloud grenades, and a slowly-regenerating Overshield, Cambria Dafont armed the nuke and then defended it for two minutes against the gigantic Queen and all her soldiers, then teleported out to safety just as it detonated, disrupting the Ordovician forces and reclaiming the colony planet Sotera.

SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7152 on: January 23, 2017, 07:08:46 pm »

For the first time since I started playing, I learned the joys of being a medic. Pulled in well over 150 certs from a single session between reviving and have a Sunderer parked near the enemy base in a massive fight. While we actually lost the attack, it held up the NC while other forces pushed forward, winning us an alert(we were fairly far behind when the alert started).

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7153 on: January 23, 2017, 07:14:02 pm »

Apparently I am within the Steam User's top 7% for goal/shot% (Goal to shot ratio)

Rocket League
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7154 on: January 23, 2017, 07:16:44 pm »

Apparently I am within the Steam User's top 7% for goal/shot% (Goal to shot ratio)

Rocket League

I am in the top 5% of "best chair dancing while driving a motor vehicle" in that game.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 475 476 [477] 478 479 ... 711