Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1332370 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #7035 on: December 17, 2016, 02:31:43 pm »

I don't think the battle of Agincourt involved French kings. Or castles.

How did the French attack you, anyway? I remember hearing that the AI couldn't embark armies on ships, so England is basically safe forever.

Caen is on the mainland and is owned by the English at the start of the game. I'd held it for some time.

That was also the game where I fought the Mongols to a standstill in eastern Poland. Turns out that when you can use longbows to hit them from across the map from the safety of a wall, their fast horse archers aren't worth shit.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7036 on: December 17, 2016, 03:00:15 pm »

Furthermore Northern France plus the low countries are held by rebels at the start of the game so if you expand fast early on as England you can get a lot of territory on continental Europe.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7037 on: December 17, 2016, 03:05:53 pm »

I don't think the battle of Agincourt involved French kings. Or castles.

How did the French attack you, anyway? I remember hearing that the AI couldn't embark armies on ships, so England is basically safe forever.

Caen is on the mainland and is owned by the English at the start of the game. I'd held it for some time.

That was also the game where I fought the Mongols to a standstill in eastern Poland. Turns out that when you can use longbows to hit them from across the map from the safety of a wall, their fast horse archers aren't worth shit.
Ah yes, I had forgotten about that.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7038 on: December 17, 2016, 03:19:51 pm »

Restarted the game as a Sorcerer. After perhaps an hour of playing, I managed to beat the Last Giant first try while taking only a single hit, near the end. ("Wow," I thought, "I've almost beaten him without taking a single hit!" [gets hit immediately after])

Having a reliable ranged option is so weird after relying on a sword for so long.

Dark Souls 2
Black lives matter.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7039 on: December 18, 2016, 03:42:57 pm »

Trying to protect a psychotic devil-worshiping old lady from three thugs trying to beat down her door. Snuck off her second-floor balcony, sleep-choked one, snuck back inside, opened the door to the let the other two in. As one entered the room I was in(failing to notice me by the doorway), I sleep-darted the other in the hallway, then choked out the last. Never even noticed me, or the guy I choked in the street.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7040 on: December 18, 2016, 04:03:15 pm »

I don't think it counts against ghost if a body is found, but I believe that letting an unconscious person die that you made unconscious counts as a kill.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7041 on: December 18, 2016, 05:22:31 pm »

I discovered that the Hacker can actually hack a lot more than just computers - you can hack cloning machines, sell-o-matics, ammo dispensers, and much more.

Particularly amusing is the ability to make televisions explode and make refrigerators "Run", though it's tough to actually hurt people in this manner since they usually try to search for who's hacking their stuff. It is useful for creating entrances, however.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7042 on: December 19, 2016, 09:47:58 am »

Restarted the game as a Sorcerer. After perhaps an hour of playing, I managed to beat the Last Giant first try while taking only a single hit, near the end. ("Wow," I thought, "I've almost beaten him without taking a single hit!" [gets hit immediately after])

Having a reliable ranged option is so weird after relying on a sword for so long.

Dark Souls 2
Yeah, sorcery builds can generally be pretty useful. I'd probably use them more often if Teh Cummunity didn't accuse people of "spamming magic" if they ever make remotely heavy and/or effective use of it. I've never understood that since one may as well bitch about pure melee builds "spamming swords".

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7043 on: December 19, 2016, 10:34:32 am »

Dark Souls 2
Yeah, sorcery builds can generally be pretty useful. I'd probably use them more often if Teh Cummunity didn't accuse people of "spamming magic" if they ever make remotely heavy and/or effective use of it. I've never understood that since one may as well bitch about pure melee builds "spamming swords".
People gotta feel superior to other people somehow :P

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7044 on: December 19, 2016, 11:48:07 am »

Found a few people trapped behind a Wall of Light(device that insta-ashes anyone who try to cross it but the guards - powered by Cthulhuian whale oil), with the nearby City Watchmen talking about how live, healthy people are being used for experiments in curing the plague(so far with a 100% horrible death rate) and how they're little more than pigs to the slaughter. The people heard it too, and were scared shitless.

As soon as the guards stopped talking, I teleported down behind one, choked him out, and dragged him into a building. When his partner came back by the building, I grabbed him and threw him in too. Then I took down the guard down the street, and pulled him in as well. Next, I headed over to the Wall of Light and pulled out the fuel tank to shut it off. The civilians thanked me, one of them giving me the code for a nearby safe, and ran for cover.

Then I went back to the unconscious guards, tossed them into the cell, and put the fuel tank back into the Wall of Light, then hacked the control device so that it reversed its allegiance. Let's see them try to get out of that one when they wake up.(Note: They do not wake up during the course of the mission)

Then, I continued on my mission, popping from rooftop to rooftop, knocking out one guard in the target's house, grabbing the target, stealing a bunch of his money-stuff, and exiting the mission.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7045 on: December 19, 2016, 01:54:11 pm »

lol balanced

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7046 on: December 19, 2016, 02:12:27 pm »

Did you just one-shot nuke that guy from almost-full health? I have to have a perfect storm of everything being in my favor to consistently get a kill, health being equal.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7047 on: December 19, 2016, 02:31:20 pm »

Did you just one-shot nuke that guy from almost-full health? I have to have a perfect storm of everything being in my favor to consistently get a kill, health being equal.
Sigil of Malice + Shatter Orb + Thunderlord's Decree proc will kill anything short of an MR built tank. LeBlanc melts through solid HP.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7048 on: December 19, 2016, 03:51:42 pm »

lol balanced

Fair and balanced 100%.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7049 on: December 19, 2016, 03:53:27 pm »

lol balanced

Fair and balanced 100%.

That right there convinced me to try DOTA 2 or some other MOBA.
Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 711