Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1332379 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #7020 on: December 12, 2016, 05:48:44 pm »

I guess this counts. Dexio got me with a surprise non-refusable battle with a large, high-level team. His opener, Espeon, was over 10 levels higher than my opener, Magearna. Still managed to take Espeon down. Started juggling through the rest of my team to counter whatever Dexio threw at me, Raichu against Slowking, Liligant against Raichu, and Arcanine against Metagross, all taking heavy damage in the process. Then he sent out Alakazam. Which Mega-Evolved. Arcanine and Raichu managed some damage against him, but they were hurt and didn't last a single attack each. Liligant didn't even get a chance to attack.

Figuring enough was enough, I sent in Primarina. She nearly bought it from Mega-Alakazam's Energy Ball, but all I needed was one shot.
 o   ___    o
 |≈    /   ≈|
/\    /__   /\

While it sucks worse than my artwork being on the receiving end of a Mega-Evolution when you can't do it yourself, it probably sucks just as bad being hit with a Z-Move when you can't Z-Move either.

|o|                 \||/
 |                  \\||//
/\              -*sploosh*-

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7021 on: December 12, 2016, 06:39:45 pm »

The biggest troll in that post is actually using the term 'toon'.

I'm old what do you want, a modern reference?  8)
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7022 on: December 13, 2016, 02:29:00 am »

The biggest troll in that post is actually using the term 'toon'.

I'm old what do you want, a modern reference?  8)
You're both awesomely old though. :P :)

Maintained and established quite a pretty nice area to live in, for prison standards anyway. Spent everything on helping folks and getting people up and reformed well, with the only suppressor being an armed guard in the 4-hour-per-day visited canteen, surrounded by a Yard to ensure that my 500+ person prison has everyone in place before eating time.

My regime went as ~6 hour sleep (since I noticed all sleep needs are fulfilled in 3 hours or so), with 9 hours per day divided into 3 for eating and yardwork [yard, eat, eat, to make 3 hours respectively, with the first starting from 5-7am right before the 8am visitation or otherwise/mail work]. There was no time allotted for 'lockdown' because that's pretty much useless in comparison to prison grading and the fact that I can keep an armed guard to shoot off hourly charges of 'suppression', so at most any person has +++, a minimal score. Policy was dictated to no solitary confinement other than murder/escapes, of which were pretty few due to enclosing the outside of the building with perimeter wall.

Warden used was the sapper, so I don't necessarily have to worry about tunnels and searching every individual toilet :V since I don't pretty much mind people getting contraband if they're not getting worse for them, especially re-offending chance given choice deployment areas or markings of hallways (that can be just two doors situated next to each other) but I've made crucial areas into staffroom and staff-only areas anyway, so the only places that can precisely probably get things stolen from are generally ones that have 90% metal items. I would've gone with the Pacifier though, because he seems like a cool guy overall and very suitable to my playstyle. Gave a Psychologist per area and security block, following mail rooms (+chapel/education) only for the higher security areas while protective custody sticks with Min security allocations so I'm prepared for all Min Security/Med Security, and Max Security {Ratio of 10/3/1}--with the last one having the smallest area but the most well guarded and nearest to workshops and such to help their reforms. I've packed this prison with ~175+ guards because I've no idea how the guards work in helping out the peoples, but I position one in every room or patrolling every cell under the impression that it matters and affects those in the same room. That, and it seems like guards can passively search for contraband (especially alcoholic contraband that isn't smelly) by bumping into people?

Using a 3x1 cell with a bed/toilet, with all amenities in the canteen or yard (who would've known that you don't need a shower area and you can just plop them in the canteen or yard or common room and everyone is cool with it o_O), and everyone is pretty happy, with my prison grading at ~9/~5/4/3, setting parole under 15%, and having a 8% re-offending rate. Dedicated Psychologist office, and just 1 armed guards per canteen (so 2 per canteen to to fulfill each others' patrols) :P So around 6 in total at the current state.

Didn't turn on Gangs, unlimited funds, or events, started out with fog of war/failure conditions, and put all my delivery areas into one spot alongside the garbage and storage places, with an internal storage area for the canteen/kitchen, because having BOTH meal settings at "High" really wear down on food cost. Granted, having your staff do most of the work in dangerous contraband areas other than the people = happier outcomes due to the wages being paid for anyway, although the only worries for actual contraband in a decent setup are the Infirmary, Office [both programs holding alcohol that isn't smelly] and Visitation, compared to the cleaning cupboard and workshop which can be detectable.

Glad to have researched up how suppression works -_- The benefit of placing canteens in secluded areas are that suppression is indoor/outdoor only, so being isolated thanks to the Yard helps a lot. That and me making a 'grand canteen' filled with stuff all over is a really bunchy place (sans the max security, because they seem like the more volatile ones ._.). Had Death row running and...I'm glad I never had to use it given the low % of doing it. >_> That seems to be the only area that you can't really affect at all given the rate of appeals.

...I still have no idea as to the effect of the radio "affecting the whole room", but I've learned that when anything (like the wiki) or in-game instruction says 'square/tile/foot', it means "one game tile" no matter how it's labeled (like when you draw it in planning, it says '1m', it's just one tile).

At least I think this is appropriate for the thread. x_x Nearing the 1000 mark for the steam achievement! :D
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 03:10:08 am by Tiruin »

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7023 on: December 14, 2016, 08:51:53 pm »

Research Accumulator + Not Sucking = Swimming in tokens.

In a similar vein, Extended Assessment + Precise Mechanisms + Not Sucking = Swimming in performance points.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7024 on: December 16, 2016, 03:27:08 am »

I beat Skyrim's main quest!

Is it me or is the final Alduin fight kind of a pushover? He has some cheap-ass breath attacks, sure, but those aside I just had to whack him a bunch and heal occasionally. There were many, many harder fights along the way to that point, not even counting sidequests. My equipment wasn't spectacular either, an Elven set with no enchantments or upgrades and an Orcish Sword of Flames.

Sovngarde was gorgeous, and it makes me sad that 90% of the game's dungeons are made of the same brown stone and stupid hawk-dolphin-snake puzzles.

TESV: Skyrim.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 03:38:08 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #7025 on: December 16, 2016, 08:35:54 am »

Slashin' my way up the Voobly ladders. Forty-some points and a four-game winstreak in a couple hours play this afternoon, should make some better gains tomorrow with more players online. So far no-one's even come close to beating me...

AoEII:TC, on Voobly of course. HD gave me a silent CtD three times in a row and was generally being buggy, so I bailed. Might go back if I hear good things about 4.8.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7026 on: December 16, 2016, 05:52:08 pm »

After several attempts, including going out to by more balls, I managed to capture Tapu Lele in a Heal Ball since I felt that it looked well with the Tapu.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7027 on: December 17, 2016, 10:35:51 am »

Just had a 3-game win streak, With a group of two other players I dragged along after the first one. It just felt like everything was coming together: In the first game as Mercy I managed to heal over 12k damage, about 50% of team damage taken. In the next two I played Zarya, and I got the barrier timings right and it finally felt like the particle cannon was doing some damage. Yet none of the 3 games was a curb-stomp: we played against enemies who actually knew what they were doing. In the second one there were less than 30 seconds left and my ult allowed a triple kill,which won us the game. In the last game we were defending the second point when right  at the end the enemy team almost managed to take the objective. They were like 1% away from taking it as someone from our started contesting it. I managed to do another triple kill with the graviton surge and that was that.

I bet the next time I turn the game on I'll go on a loosing streak.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7028 on: December 17, 2016, 11:24:42 am »

Medieval Total War: 2

I am playing as England. The French surprise declared war on me and hit the castle I was producing longbowmen at. I had the garrison of little militia meat shields and like 14 squads of archers. Also, my heir was there (!!!).

The French King (I forget the name) leads his piles of fancy infantry and cavalry to the field and struts about until the gates go down. He charged in at the head of his cavalry.... only to be met by 14 squads of archers mashed into a 20ft patch of dirt pointed directly at the gate.

He was pin-cushioned and died in the first volley. The rest of his army took such a hit to morale that they ended up routing and I won the battle. I'm not even sure if King France the ith technically entered the castle, since he died under the archway.

That was also the game where I got excommunicated, and my response was to assassinate 36 popes until there was no one left but English popes. Like 30 of those were one guy who just got really good at shooting popes from the rafters.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7029 on: December 17, 2016, 11:58:33 am »

http://imgur.com/a/UhPZE

Various screenshots from the three sieges of Milan and me winning all of them. I think the numbers speak for themselves, to be honest.

I will say this though: My general in Milan is a fucking badass. He's ended up getting caught by spearmen while pulling back and massacred them without so much as losing a man. Either the Kaiser and the Pope cut funding on spears, or he is indeed a badass.

Medieval 2 Total War
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 12:00:32 pm by Iceblaster »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #7030 on: December 17, 2016, 01:58:14 pm »

Medieval Total War: 2

I am playing as England. The French surprise declared war on me and hit the castle I was producing longbowmen at. I had the garrison of little militia meat shields and like 14 squads of archers. Also, my heir was there (!!!).

The French King (I forget the name) leads his piles of fancy infantry and cavalry to the field and struts about until the gates go down. He charged in at the head of his cavalry.... only to be met by 14 squads of archers mashed into a 20ft patch of dirt pointed directly at the gate.

He was pin-cushioned and died in the first volley. The rest of his army took such a hit to morale that they ended up routing and I won the battle. I'm not even sure if King France the ith technically entered the castle, since he died under the archway.

That was also the game where I got excommunicated, and my response was to assassinate 36 popes until there was no one left but English popes. Like 30 of those were one guy who just got really good at shooting popes from the rafters.

"Judgement comes from above."
*Thwa-Thud*
"God has spoken."

Also, you realise you just simulated Agincourt?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7031 on: December 17, 2016, 02:02:02 pm »

I don't think the battle of Agincourt involved French kings. Or castles.

How did the French attack you, anyway? I remember hearing that the AI couldn't embark armies on ships, so England is basically safe forever.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7032 on: December 17, 2016, 02:10:32 pm »

Yep, no King. Charles was off his rocker, so stayed at home. Plus, it was in France, with no castle.

Still, basic concept - French march in, English fire, few French march out.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7033 on: December 17, 2016, 02:16:05 pm »

According to a novel I read which included a depiction of the battle, actually many French marched out. Like, 1/2-2/3rds the initial army. It's just that they took such heavy losses in comparison to the English losses that they basically lost any will to keep it up. Something like 8 French dead for every Englishman, or worse. Plus they lost a ton of high-ranking nobles and famous knights, either dead or captured.

Of course this was a novel, not a history text, but it was supposed to be based on historical data.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 02:17:56 pm by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7034 on: December 17, 2016, 02:24:58 pm »

The actual figures fluctuate wildly depending on which sources you use.

However, probably right that more escaped than a few. Read the short, snappy "few" I posted as "comparatively few."
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 711