Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 460 461 [462] 463 464 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1332466 times)

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6915 on: November 15, 2016, 10:52:14 pm »

Orders to relieve the 2nd Ranger Battalion at Pointe Du Hoc a couple days after landing at Omaha beach. They are surrounded, including a German 88. Managed to bring my naval support close enough to hit it and suppress it allowing the Rangers and air support to finish it off allowing my bombers to support them uncontested. The bombers were merciless and when my forces arrived to relieve them they hadn't received a scratch.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6916 on: November 15, 2016, 11:37:34 pm »

Beat the Magatama of the High God. While my average was ELEVEN levels below the CHALLENGE level for it.

Magatama of the High God is actually easier then its previous incarnation because it doesn't have Black Universe[Reduce one party member's hp to one with very low delay so it can act again almost immediately afterwards].

Special thanks once again go to the Yakumo trio and Byakuren, with Flandre and Tenshi getting honourable mention. With all three Yakumos on the front lines at once, Yukari and Chen can absolutely shred anything without high physical affinity or absurd defenses while Ran piles on the buffs. Mind you, Byakuren gets most of the buffing credit, due to being able to 100% buff the four most important stats, but Ran was still quite useful. Flandre did some great damage, but was too glass cannony to survive more then two Starbow Breaks. As for Tenshi, she just wouldn't die, even at literally one health.

I basically just whaled on the Magatama with Shikigami Ran + Chen alternating with Flandre for the first stage. After it reduced the entire party's hit points to 1 with World Devouring Devastation, things got pretty desperate. Reimu healed my most important members[The Yakumos and Byakuren], but bit it soon after. Flandre, Kasen and Kaguya soon followed. Still, I persevered and the Yakumo beatdown engine was still going strong.

Then it reduced everyone's health to 1 again. When I had no aoe healers. Eirin helped some, but honestly this part was just blind luck. The Magatama used Half Moon Slash[Halve the party's hp] five times in a row. Since Eirin had an ability that healed everyone for 4% health every turn, this was miraculously not lethal. Meanwhile, Yukari and Chen desperately pummeled it while Byakuren tried to debuff its defence. Eirin got dunked along the way, but not before overhealing Yukari into near invincibility. Well, "Near" invincibility. The Magatama finally wised up and killed everyone besides Tenshi, Byakuren and Yukari fairly easily. Yukari didn't last long either, even with her great regen ability. So I had just Byakuren and Tenshi left, and the latter had very low health. Miraculously, the Magatama continued being pathetic. It Half Moon Slashed another couple times and then switched to basic attacking Tenshi for zero damage. Byakuren kept hitting it with Star Sword Apologetics, whittling away its tiny health bar. Then the Magatama finally killed Tenshi with Razor Wind and brought Byakuren down to critical levels. But Byakuren is FAST, even without her 100% Speed buff, and I got one final turn before the Magatama finished me off. One last Star Sword Apologetics, bringing it down to...

Not quite dead. I literally can see no red in its health bar. The Magatama gets a turn. I hold back tears of frustration. And Half Moon Slash. Byakuren is at 100 health out of nearly 4000. I watch in despair as it gets another turn mere seconds before Byakuren's own turn.

Half. Moon. Slash.

One more Star Sword Apologetics does the trick. Magatama defeated, with only one party member left standing.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6917 on: November 16, 2016, 12:03:41 am »

June 28, 1914, Archduke Ferdinand was killed in a tragic assassination. Weeks later, Austria-Hungary demanded the vassalization of Serbia lest they invade the country to enact justice themselves. Peter I refused these demands, and the Central Powers invaded the small Balkan nation. The Entente answered Serbia's pleads for help. The Great War began.

Weeks later, Serbian пробоја поделе (or, without google translate, breakthrough divisions) smashed through the Central Power lines, divisions pouring into the breach past the trenches and overruning the defending forces, pushing from the once besieged city of Belgarde into Bohemia in a week of lighting fast fighting. Days later, the Austrian-Hungarians capitulated to Serbia as Croatian revolutionaries rose up to reclaim their lands from their oppressors in Vienna. The Ottoman Empire and Bulgarians joined the war to enact revenge on Serbia, who had humiliated both in three day wars prior to the Great War. Reserve divisions likewise stormed the trenches of the southern threats, and capitulation soon followed with Russian support in the Middle East.

The German Empire soon went out not with a bang, but a murmur as Serbian and Belgian forces marched into Munich, Berlin and Danzig without opposition, forcing an unconditional surrender on the Central Powers.  The final casualties of the Great War were hundreds of thousands among the Central Powers, with the Austrians taking the worst of it at nearly 500,000 dead. The Entente lost a mere ten thousand between them all, most of them Russian.

From the peace conference rose a newly formed Balkan Empire, stretching from the tip of Greece in the south to Danzig in the north. The Serbian army was home before the leaves had even fallen off the trees.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 12:06:28 am by Aedel »
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6918 on: November 16, 2016, 12:22:29 am »

I told God (AKA Morgan Freeman) that his son wanted some Wang, thus defeating him in a violent verbal exchange.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6919 on: November 16, 2016, 06:01:19 am »

2 layers of spike traps, firing arrows into a crowd while screaming like a little girl and a quickly timed floor collapse and thats one bloodmoon down. Hell yeah.

Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6920 on: November 16, 2016, 08:47:36 pm »

Defending Heyoka Chemical Lab which, for those who don't play it, has a toxic moat that rapidly kills anything that falls into it, and is crossed via an energy bridge that is owned by whichever side takes control of the terminal in the inner side of the moat(other factions fall through*). Apparently the NC managed to take control it, and a Vanguard tank was crossing it. As I start to hack the terminal, the Vanguard started backing up under fire. Naturally, it's in the middle of the bridge when I complete the hack. Naturally, it falls straight down to its doom.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6921 on: November 17, 2016, 01:06:23 am »

Spinning in circles, hatching Goomies on a whim, one comes out...yellow?  Oh.  Oh!  Right gender, right IVs...ah, and it has the wrong ability again.  Didn't this happen last time I accidentally hatched a shiny, too?  Well, nice is nice, but time to farm for an Ability Capsule again... ^_^

EDIT: And wonder-trading the other Goomies left me with a Giratina, which is probably the nicest thing I ever received from a Wonder Trade.  I've sent it on, though; I don't really need another one, and someone should enjoy a Giratina with Griseous Orb.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 01:34:51 am by Culise »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6922 on: November 17, 2016, 06:01:37 am »

Spoiler: *cough* (click to show/hide)

Wait, things like Wonder Trades and the such are still available for ORAS? I though they shut down the GTS to update it for Gen VII.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6923 on: November 17, 2016, 07:31:36 am »

Spoiler: *cough* (click to show/hide)

Wait, things like Wonder Trades and the such are still available for ORAS? I though they shut down the GTS to update it for Gen VII.

They were still operating as of that time, at least.  I'm not sure when they're shutting it down, actually. 

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6924 on: November 17, 2016, 04:36:45 pm »

Why would they need to shut it down? Surely it can simply be taken offline long enough to patch before being brought back up, right?

If not, boy I'm gonna need to learn how to trade stuff between two 3DSs and fast.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6925 on: November 17, 2016, 05:46:21 pm »

The Global Link system was shutdown on November 1st. However, I was wrong that Wonder Trade was going to shut down with it. Apparently it's just Game Sync and the PokeMileage Club that have been removed, apparently permanently even though in my opinion there's really no good reason to.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6926 on: November 17, 2016, 08:37:47 pm »

Badasha Zaka had a rough start. Coming into power at the ripe age of 6 and inheriting a large-scale invasion, he was not the most suitable candidate for Badashadom, despite him being a Genius.
So far, nothing has worked out for him.
   The successful invasion of Aquitaine has only netted him many more enemies
   His mission to implement Imperial Laws and, by the method, duchy viceroyalties, seems to be many years away for the 1000~ culture tech points required
   His vassals all constantly involve themselves in factions, and he has put down three large civil wars since his reign.
and worse of all, his mission to fill Andalusia with cute redheads rather then boring brown skin/black hair has run into a dead end, seeing a lack of possible redheads to give land to.
In his most recent civil war, he began the first day with 0/0 vassal levies, because half of his vassals were in the war and the other half hated him because his council refused to let him give away the duchies he was supposedly hoarding.
Then Austro-asia declared a holy war, and the +40 from "defending against infidels" made the half of his vassals that he had like him enough to cough up 9k troops, more then enough to defeat the rebels and Austro-asia when combined with his own 7k troops, saving his kingdom from itself for another day.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6927 on: November 18, 2016, 07:38:01 pm »

https://gfycat.com/BreakableCorruptGadwall

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6928 on: November 18, 2016, 09:13:11 pm »

I got to the final boss of Perfect Cherry Blossom! I had to use all my continues and bomb a lot of difficult spell cards, but it's farther than I've ever gotten in Scarlet Devil, even with continues. It probably helps that PCB is a lot more generous with points and one-ups. I feel like if I got a bit more practice, I could actually beat this one.

TH07: Perfect Cherry Blossom.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6929 on: November 19, 2016, 05:49:59 pm »

Having ragequit once after Mega-Metagross' Bullet Punch outsped Sucker Punch, I went through again with Heatran.

Pages: 1 ... 460 461 [462] 463 464 ... 711