Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1332538 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6825 on: October 20, 2016, 12:06:51 am »

I survived through thorough application of turtling behind my Stone Greatshield, walking away, and then taking potshots at Ornstein with my Black Knight's Halberd (Which I'm still amazed I had the luck to get).
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6826 on: October 20, 2016, 04:16:21 am »

The first time I beat Dunkstein and Slamough was through rigorous application of full Havels armor.

Tanking through their everything is a surprisingly viable option.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6827 on: October 20, 2016, 08:22:15 am »

Made it to the dreaded Ornstein and Smough I'd been hearing stories about. Beat them on my second try.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You are a wizard and I want to learn your wizard-y ways.
Ran around with my shield up and hit Ornstein whenever I got a safe opportunity. Switched to the Eagle Shield for Super Smorgasbord and did the same thing, but with less dodging.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6828 on: October 20, 2016, 05:50:00 pm »

Ha ha
So Risk of Rain
How'd you feel about your no-good taunty ways now?
Bulwark of the Weak? More like Bulwark of YO WEAKSAUCE ASS HAHAHAHA
Eat my tesla coil-enabled, rapidly regenerating, ATGM-launching ass.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6829 on: October 20, 2016, 08:43:19 pm »

Artifact of Glass, Artifact of Command, Infusion, proceed to badass.

Risk of Rain, multiple times.

I don't think I even take significant damage in that fight.

Also, Hyperthreader lags things like all heck :x
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6830 on: October 20, 2016, 10:25:26 pm »

I stacked Mysterious Vial 14 times. 14. Times. Maybe I took damage in that fight, but I never noticed. Combine that with 4 Leeching Seeds, some teddy bears, 4 (!) Tesla Coils, and some Frost Relics, and you can basically kill anything by aggressively standing near it. And yeah, I had Artifact of Command.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6831 on: October 20, 2016, 10:28:18 pm »

I tend to stack Crowbar to absolutely absurd levels after capping all the effect things, and use the 56-Leaf Clover.  About 13 of those, so I'm not overwhelmed by itemspam lategame.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6832 on: October 20, 2016, 11:47:51 pm »

More fun with a team that's half-banned from multiplayer. Helper Star Sapphire isn't, but she's still top tier for good goddamn reason. Just cleared the Magma Admin Tabitha fight with a dead simple move order: Nasty Plot + Rain Dance when Tabitha's Rin came out first, Surf to kill it, then one Hydro Pump for each of the three others. And that's why coverage is important.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I think I found the download for this...how do I get it working? The Emerald ROM isn't the issue, it's the...whatever I have to do to turn it from Emerald to Amethyst. Patch, whatever. The readme covers just about everything except the install process.

Sorry, didn't notice this post! I PMed you. It's dead simple once you know how.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6833 on: October 21, 2016, 08:52:54 am »

Note: the hyperthreader actually has a memory leak. Use it long enough and the game will crash.

I keep falling through platforms before that can happen.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6834 on: October 21, 2016, 11:41:35 am »

Artifact of Glass, Artifact of Command, Infusion, proceed to badass.

Risk of Rain, multiple times.

I don't think I even take significant damage in that fight.

Also, Hyperthreader lags things like all heck :x
tbh the artifacts are literal cheats so :v

not that they aren't fun, but command and glass especially make the game pretty trivial.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6835 on: October 21, 2016, 06:11:10 pm »

tbh the artifacts are literal cheats so :v

not that they aren't fun, but command and glass especially make the game pretty trivial.
artifact of spite wants to have a chat over tea and crumpets...
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6836 on: October 22, 2016, 09:38:56 am »

Some characters really struggle with the enemy health outpacing their damage even on the normal difficulty.  Sniper and mercenary for example.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6837 on: October 22, 2016, 11:06:51 am »

Holy shit the Engineer is OP. I didn't even have any artifacts on except for the mostly-useless Spirit. Such rekage has never been seen before.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6838 on: October 22, 2016, 11:56:39 am »

Finally killed that damn Ornstein. Anyone who thinks what I did was a cheese needs to try killing him with only a +5 Longbow for themselves. :P (it was pretty cheesy, though).

I was just completely sick of Bugstein. If Fromsoft would just fix that one, single, bug, it'd be great. But nooo.

Dark Souls.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6839 on: October 22, 2016, 12:20:20 pm »

Holy shit the Engineer is OP. I didn't even have any artifacts on except for the mostly-useless Spirit. Such rekage has never been seen before.
Yuuuppppp.  Everything is AOE, so you scale wonderfully.  And of course, your turrets draw aggro as if they were players but have infinite health, so you can be not even drawing aggro 50% of the time.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 711