Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 443 444 [445] 446 447 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1329824 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6660 on: August 28, 2016, 09:17:24 pm »

Got something like 26600 heal points. Just by doing what I always do: Heal everyone. Medic's not hard once you get down the basics, folks!

In a single round!

It took about 30 minutes...

Team Fortress 2.
Medic and Spy seem to be the two classes which everyone is stupid at for some reason. I am proud, son.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6661 on: August 28, 2016, 09:20:04 pm »

I never managed to stop being stupid with spy. >.>

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6662 on: August 29, 2016, 02:31:50 am »

Sometimes I get extremely overconfident as a spy when I manage to sap a single undefended sentry way out-of-the-way.

I'm much better as an Engi (last time I played, several months ago). Plonk a turret, poke out occasionally to upgrade it, stay out of the line of fire. Lets me contribute while minimizing my exposure to the enemy team.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6663 on: August 29, 2016, 02:32:09 pm »

Yes engi is fun and relaxing when there's an eternal stalemate.
Sit in intelligence room, build, relax, occasionally shoot at stuff.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6664 on: August 29, 2016, 07:52:06 pm »

I figured out how to use one of the most useless weapons in the game.  The plasma grenade.

See, you might be thinking to yourself, "I've played halo, plasma grenades are easy."  Nah, in this game, plasma grenades are like impact detonated normal grenades that can blow up a house.  Except, they travel the path that a normal grenade would take, but very, very slowly.  Like, 10 year old who didn't do his homework walking to school slowly.  If thrown like a sane person, any target (including a large mass of aliens) will be gone by the time the grenade arrives.  They're used by a flying class, and their schtick is that unlike other weapons, they aren't powered by the jetpack energy bar.  And of course, the game's already wonky grenade code becomes almost unusable when flying.

But I've made it work.  What I do is, fly above and a little in front of the target, and hover in place.  Then I begin descending, drop the grenade straight down (which requires holding the throw button for a bit because I don't know), and then rapidly pull up from the descent before i get caught in the blast radius.  Its suicidal, and it uses energy so it kinda ruins the point of the weapon, but man is it fun.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6665 on: August 29, 2016, 08:10:18 pm »

Soloed the last boss of a dungeon. Whole group died because they didn't notice that standing outside very specific spots was very, very lethal. Also they weren't that good at attacking while running around like crazy. Thanks to my insistence to grab as much self-healing as I could, I managed to hold my own and kill the damn thing by my lonesome.

The Elder Scrolls Online

EDIT: Apparently I gained an achievement for dungeon healing while at it, it seems.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 08:16:37 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6666 on: August 30, 2016, 05:11:23 am »

I think the whole idea is that you are supposed to use your own velocity attained through flying to aim and throw your grenade a reasonable distance, but yeah, it's funky.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6667 on: August 30, 2016, 06:32:34 am »

I figured out how to use one of the most useless weapons in the game.  The plasma grenade.

See, you might be thinking to yourself, "I've played halo, plasma grenades are easy."  Nah, in this game, plasma grenades are like impact detonated normal grenades that can blow up a house.  Except, they travel the path that a normal grenade would take, but very, very slowly.  Like, 10 year old who didn't do his homework walking to school slowly.  If thrown like a sane person, any target (including a large mass of aliens) will be gone by the time the grenade arrives.  They're used by a flying class, and their schtick is that unlike other weapons, they aren't powered by the jetpack energy bar.  And of course, the game's already wonky grenade code becomes almost unusable when flying.

But I've made it work.  What I do is, fly above and a little in front of the target, and hover in place.  Then I begin descending, drop the grenade straight down (which requires holding the throw button for a bit because I don't know), and then rapidly pull up from the descent before i get caught in the blast radius.  Its suicidal, and it uses energy so it kinda ruins the point of the weapon, but man is it fun.
So the game pretty much lets you be a kawaii mecha-girl plasma bomber?

Linux port(or DX11 support for vmware) when?  :'(

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6668 on: August 30, 2016, 08:33:14 am »

Pull out your lawn chair, drink a beer, play guitar.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6669 on: August 30, 2016, 01:19:05 pm »

I was tasked with destroying a flying transport, basically a giant UFO that drops giant ants into cities.  I'm in a suit of power armor, with dual wielded ranged weapons and then a futuristic shield + spear combo.  I dash under the transport when its hatch opens, exposing its weak spot, and try to switch to my ranged weapons.  But you can't switch during the dash animation, so instead I swing my spear at this thing high in the sky.  I try to switch again, but fail, so I attack with the spear again.

...the UFO then falls out of the sky in a huge explosion.  Apparently this game and me have *very* different ideas of what constitutes a melee weapon.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #6670 on: August 30, 2016, 02:03:32 pm »

My low FPS (I'm a cheap bastard) means that the classes I perform best at are Engi and Medic.

Medic I wind up playing the most at b/c no-one else takes the job on pub servers, and I do a good enough job that no-one asks me to switch classes.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6671 on: August 30, 2016, 03:27:50 pm »

I encountered a Draugr boss. Their claymores can utterly pulverise you sometimes, and I didn't want to find out. So I ran circles around her, hopped on furniture, kited her around the stairs and slashed at her shins for about ten minutes. Didn't take a single hit.

I Errol Flynned her to death, basically. I can just imagine how the poor boss felt. I'm quite sure that the Draugr Wight Deathlord Scourgemaster Queen Trädgårdsslang the Malevolent died of exasperation. I know I'd be unhappy if a cat forced me out of bed and ran about stabbing me. Mind you, I really miss the Acrobatics skill, now...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6672 on: August 30, 2016, 05:01:47 pm »

Killed a drake. Bastard didn't want to die, took half an hour and multiple almost-party-wipes, but he was not being offered a choice.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6673 on: August 30, 2016, 06:26:45 pm »

Death Becomes Her. Defeat the Mother Beholder in less than 30 seconds.

Take that, you acid-spitting, minion shitting, cyst-covered whore of a boss!

Now I have to redo the whole damn level again so I can attempt the no-damage achievement for this boss.  :<

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6674 on: August 30, 2016, 07:25:16 pm »

Killed a drake. Bastard didn't want to die, took half an hour and multiple almost-party-wipes, but he was not being offered a choice.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen.

After an very long battle, I've killed that damn drake in the Devilwoods or whatever in the southwest. Dragonforged my stilettos apparently and managed to do it at only level 30 (I think anyway, I'm level 34 now). Probably the most annoying fight so far, but I can't let some loser dragon win even if I come back later to kick his ass.

I feel your pain.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence
Pages: 1 ... 443 444 [445] 446 447 ... 711