Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 439 440 [441] 442 443 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1330013 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6600 on: August 14, 2016, 10:02:09 pm »

From a single perch near C, I was able to snipe several tanks from clear across the J908 Impact Crater, shoot down a VS Scythe that wandered way too far from home(this was a TR-NC battle), and headshot a heavy on the massive bridge spanning the crater where B is located. Then I shut down a massive rush on A by knocking out their Sunderer, then shelling the survivors including taking down a MAX/Engineer duo by first hitting the engie then nailing the MAX as it tried to run through my teammates - I didn't hit a single friendly and it was a very large shootout. The first time they finally managed to kill me, it took a Sunderer with at least a driver and gunner, two tanks, and at least two Reavers.

Even while trekking back to that gun, I was still kicking ass, taking down a few snipers, then a tank, and some more troopers trying to take C, plus taking out a heavy that tried to rocket my turret from behind.

I had to change position to a different gun once night fell, but from there, I started killing off several infiltrators sniping into the crater just by following their tracers back to them - one of them seemed to have gotten upset and try to hack my turret, only he decloaked right behind me(so I heard it), and I was able to kill him before he killed me.

Put simply, when I get to the controls of a large anti-tank gun, I make things happen.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #6601 on: August 14, 2016, 10:15:09 pm »

Boo for meta-gaming.

What difficult were you playing on?
Normal, as IIRC guards can see you increasingly easily as you go up the difficulty levels. I fear that it would've been borderline impossible on Hard or Extreme, because in most areas your best possible Camo Index with Naked is 65%, if you lay down and use the right face paint (you might be able to make 70% in the right conditions, and it's universally lower in places like the mountain or Groznyj Grad where there's no grass to hide in) and that was already cutting it close on Normal; most of my deaths (well, voluntary restarts) came from getting spotted when I underestimated how close I could get to a guard with only 65% camo.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6602 on: August 15, 2016, 03:55:40 pm »

I think I've only ever played MGS games on normal. 'cept the Tanker in SoL.

Well done, not-quite-Rambo!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6603 on: August 15, 2016, 04:10:58 pm »

Fixed up the gunship so that it flies tolerably. Took it for a test run by strafing a herd of quite literally the only harmless species on the planet. Much meat was obtained. After that, I built a self-designed rifle that manages to do more damage than a shotgun or golden sword and is quite accurate at range.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6604 on: August 15, 2016, 05:31:18 pm »

It's not exactly an own, but I'm not quite sure where to put it:

For a while, I've been noticing random explosion flashes as I explore the wasteland in Fallout 4. At first I thought it was cars bugging out and exploding, but it would occur in places with no explodable cars. Then I thought it was raiders throwing grenades at each other. Today, though, I finally figured it out. I saw an explosion in the distance (and this time it wasn't just the flash from it occuring outside of the field of view) and went to investigate. When I got there, I saw (any guesses?)

Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6605 on: August 16, 2016, 05:42:31 pm »

Beat Kaguya. Despite her vaguely adorable bangs and five impossible requests, I still dunked her handily. TOTALLY failed her Last Spells, but those are just for bragging rights anyways. I did absurdly well, losing only one life to Marisa and another to Reisen. Now I just need to beat Mokou and Flandre and then I can move on to the next game. TOUHOUQUEST CONTINUES~!

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #6606 on: August 16, 2016, 08:28:50 pm »

I'm AzyWng, just like here on the forums.

It seems like a snowball can do a deceptively high amount of damage, especially considering it's just a snowball... I think. I'm also pretty good at staying alive, too, it seems.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #6607 on: August 16, 2016, 09:03:00 pm »

It seems like a snowball can do a deceptively high amount of damage, especially considering it's just a snowball... I think. I'm also pretty good at staying alive, too, it seems.

I am VERY confused.  Like... I need to make a list of all the things that bug me just to keep track.

No jungler on either team, lux built triforce and recurve bow, ashe built triforce, orianna went support with runic shield, I have NO CLUE what darius was doing with his build, nobody got any dragons, and there were only 7 wards placed IN TOTAL in a 30 minute game.

Jesus Christ, maybe my Silver 4 mmr is higher than I thought.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #6608 on: August 16, 2016, 10:37:11 pm »

I am VERY confused.  Like... I need to make a list of all the things that bug me just to keep track.

No jungler on either team, lux built triforce and recurve bow, ashe built triforce, orianna went support with runic shield, I have NO CLUE what darius was doing with his build, nobody got any dragons, and there were only 7 wards placed IN TOTAL in a 30 minute game.

Jesus Christ, maybe my Silver 4 mmr is higher than I thought.
Oh, I seem to have forgotten: This was in unranked Solo Queue. You can calm down now.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6609 on: August 17, 2016, 10:32:00 pm »

Was in my Raven Huginn, circling around to find a good spot to pop my UAV and backstab someone, when I found an AFK Cataphract. Natch I decided to take the chance to get a free headshot kill. Only, as soon as I fired my first SRMs, the pilot loaded in/got back/whatever and started lighting me up--he had a pretty decent balanced build, a couple ERLLas, a couple ACs, a couple MLas. A fresh all-ranges heavy against my partially stripped light.

Stomped him into the mud, he eventually gave up and tried to run away to his team. Then he gave up on that and tried to back into a corner, but by then I already had his CT cored. :V

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6610 on: August 18, 2016, 02:58:59 pm »

Was in my Raven Huginn, circling around to find a good spot to pop my UAV and backstab someone, when I found an AFK Cataphract. Natch I decided to take the chance to get a free headshot kill. Only, as soon as I fired my first SRMs, the pilot loaded in/got back/whatever and started lighting me up--he had a pretty decent balanced build, a couple ERLLas, a couple ACs, a couple MLas. A fresh all-ranges heavy against my partially stripped light.

Stomped him into the mud, he eventually gave up and tried to run away to his team. Then he gave up on that and tried to back into a corner, but by then I already had his CT cored. :V

I think I understood a single acronym in that whole mess.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6611 on: August 18, 2016, 03:43:33 pm »

...OMG LOL.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6612 on: August 18, 2016, 04:19:33 pm »

UAV = unmanned aerial vehicle
AFK = away from keyboard
SRM = short range missile
ERLL = extended range large laser
AC = autocannon
MLA = ???
CT = center torso
MWO = mechwarrior online

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6613 on: August 18, 2016, 04:33:21 pm »

MLA would medium laser, no?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6614 on: August 18, 2016, 08:07:36 pm »

Yeah, hence MLas. Sorry, I should have clarified.

Just had another really fun match, too. I was running my Locust Pirates' Bane with the 4x Small Pulse Laser build, but the map vote dumped us on Alpine Campfest. Thankfully some mouth-breathers had voted us into Conquest, and I got put in a lance with another guy running the same build. Neither of us even needed to say a word, just flanked around and backstabbed in perfect harmony. There was this really beautiful chase when we found a Shadowcat out of position where we were weaving back and forth past each other while he couldn't decide who to shoot at. Ended up with me and him in 3rd and 4th place for most damage dealt on the team.

I mean, I haven't really touched my Locusts much, but now I think I might. They're squishy as all hell, but a 20-tonner going half the speed of a Formula 1 car turns out to make for a pretty good evasion tank, especially when you can actually get under the guns of certain assaults and heavies.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 439 440 [441] 442 443 ... 711