Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1328592 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #5685 on: March 19, 2016, 05:04:50 am »

Yep. Vivec disappeared in 4E because with the end of Morrowind and its expansions, his role in the story was over.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5686 on: March 19, 2016, 03:17:04 pm »

What does CHIm stand for?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5687 on: March 19, 2016, 04:37:04 pm »

It means "seeing the world as it is, without losing your identity. " You gain an understanding that the world is a wheel, the Towers are the spokes, Oblivion's planes are the spaces between the spokes, and something something the outer rim. Mundus, the mortal world, is at its center, and if you can observe it from the side you achieve god-above-godlike status. I can't remember what happens if you lose your identity, but something does.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 04:40:34 pm by Lukewarm »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5688 on: March 19, 2016, 06:28:19 pm »

Not really sure what it's called, null-sum? If you don't keep your identity you literally just stop existing because of the realisation that nothing is really real or something like that.

E:
also skyrim lore is one of the few things i can read a wiki page about and understand less than i did before. how do people even write these pages?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 06:51:01 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5689 on: March 19, 2016, 08:29:41 pm »

I beat the Leone Telethia using a freaking beautiful chain attack of eight consecutive attacks.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #5690 on: March 19, 2016, 08:31:12 pm »

Beat the Queen of Smiles, first try. In co-op, yes, but still.

Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #5691 on: March 19, 2016, 08:34:27 pm »

Nothing is really real?

Sounds like we're in a videogame or something.

An online one, of course. Far too many players for just four controller ports...

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5692 on: March 19, 2016, 09:00:39 pm »

Fought a bull demon on a city wall, defeated him with some jumping off a nearby tower and a lot of crossbow bolts.  Only took 5 tries or so.

Met Sir Blinds-Himself-Alot, whom offered some JOLLY COOPERATION.

Next I had to make it past a dragon drake, which took a dozen more tries.  Apparently, kicking a ladder in a different area pisses him off enough to make it easier to pass.

And then I stabbed a truck sized pig in the butt.

I consume
I purchase
I consume again

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5693 on: March 19, 2016, 09:06:56 pm »

P R A I S E
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #5694 on: March 20, 2016, 01:06:09 am »

What does CHIm stand for?
That's like asking what the letter I stands for. While it has meaning when written alone as a word (royalty, high splendor, starlight), it's a syllable of the Daedric language that changes meaning with context.

This is also correct:
It means "seeing the world as it is, without losing your identity. "
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #5695 on: March 20, 2016, 09:29:50 am »

So, paralogue 14, to recruit Rhajat (I.E. "Totally-not-Tharja"). Every enemy either had a chance of halving damage, or had one of several 'weapon-breaker' skills that made them very hard to hit for everyone with that weapon (except for Subaki, who had 80% hit rate using an Iron Naginata). Then, a couple rounds in, my "let them come to us" strategy collapsed when I realized that they spawned in, four at a time for each of the ~six acid pools, so I had to rush them as they literally swarmed the group.

And then I realized that they only did one damage to Mozu and literally couldn't hurt Hinoka. Cue Hinoka killing 20+ enemies, solo, taking on the entire upper 2/3rds of the map by herself.

Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5696 on: March 21, 2016, 01:17:56 am »

I reached palace having never fired a single ranged weapon since 1-3.  A dog guardian immediately and predictably tackled me and gave me a big sloppy licking.  But still, I killed Lil' Hunter with an energy screwdriver, that's got to count for something.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5697 on: March 21, 2016, 08:03:24 am »

CHIM is basically realizing you're basically an character in a Video Game thus you can do whatthefuckever you want. It's incredibly dangerous because it's basically realizing that nothing is real and you have no free will, so most "people" dissapear or lose all their consciousness when they realize. The rest goes "lolk" and starts using console cheats, savescumming, modding and whatever the player does in the game. This is actually great way to explain a lot of things, like that one time when Tiber Septim turned Cyrodiil from tropical jungle into temperate Europe we know from Oblivion. Or whatever the fuck Vivec actually does. It is also apparently a theory that Daedra are actually players or something, while Aedra are the creators of the whole simulation and so on. Proably explains why Talos "became" one of them after he overhauled the game... or something. It's real complicated shit and it's mostly theories, but TES has much more complicated and deep lore than it would seem.
Nothing is really real?
Sounds like we're in a videogame or something.
An online one, of course. Far too many players for just four controller ports...
Actually, no, if CHIM is real we may as well be characters in singleplayer game. Or even no-player simulation. Think of it like Matrix except there is no actual humans anywhere. Or there is one. Who? Nobody knows, until he starts to mod the game but honsetly we wouldn't even notice if we ourselves aren't abusing CHIM or something.

Also - required.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5698 on: March 21, 2016, 07:30:10 pm »

Putnam Signal Activates!

Prepare to get lored on.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5699 on: March 24, 2016, 04:07:36 am »

Beat Hollow Queen first try! Started off pretty poorly, with a party shield from my fort causing her to bite it, followed by my landmaster, then wufan while I was busy reviving the others. My sniper though managed to get all 3 binds to stick for a couple turns on the bitch, so I was able to pull it out.

This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 711