Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1328758 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #5640 on: March 09, 2016, 07:43:50 pm »

In Reassembly, my "Hot needle of Inquiry" is kicking ass with 6 plasma swords. I basically ram ships and let the plasma cutters dig through the hull to the core

Now, the design has progressed over time, as I added more plasma beams to the ship. Now its big enough to comfortably hold a construction bay. So I ram ships (even bigger ships), destroy them, steal their stuffs, and spawn bases and defensive platforms like crazy
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5641 on: March 09, 2016, 07:49:41 pm »

Me and my team of utterly useless scrubs went 6-0 down with 2:28 left.

Managed to tie the game with 1 second left, after I completely whiffed on a shot to tie, and one of my teammates tapped it in at the back post.

Lost 7-6 but ah well...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5642 on: March 09, 2016, 08:04:10 pm »

Why would you use a Negev ever.
I actually started to enjoy it, due to sheer randomness factor it brings into the play. You can actually win close-medium range duels pretty easily and it's actually suprisingly fucking accurate (well, not like an sniper rifle but the rate of fire makes up for it) once you get it spinning (after first 50 rounds the recoil just stops worsening and all the bullets travel at ~30 degrees up from now on), you can prefire all the time, you got ridiculous amounts of ammuniton so the chance you will run out in a duel is very low, you can wallbang basically every spot and the goddamn thing is actually ridiculously scary (they have no fucking idea what to do) even for the medium ranks due to it's rarity. It's also the ace machine if you run into enemy rush, since the bullets can go through all the five guys (not like it matters that much, due to sheer volume of fire), IIRC. Actually, two games ago I ran into T rush on connector on Overpass and I didin't even realize the round was over until like five seconds later due to the fact that I killed all fiev guys in a fraction of second. Seriously, it's pure joy to play, and hearing your teammates singing "FOR MOTHER RUSSIAAAA, UNIOOON OF LAAAAANNNDS" while you're all charging with Negevs is pretty worthwhile sight. The only problem is that it's the easiest way to drown $5700 down the sink and grant your enemy a good weapon, but considering the amount of people that end up being $4750 decoys, it's not that bad. Also, remember this exists.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaannndd... at least it isin't M249...

Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5643 on: March 11, 2016, 12:23:57 pm »

Welp... I accidently started a run in Darkest Dungeon in the Warrens... with no torches... And it was a medium mission with 3 level 1s and 1 level 0. Not only did I somehow manage to not get any of them killed on the medium mission, but I also managed to keep all of their stress under 100, preventing an affliction! These guys really wanted to live, and I'm proud of them!

For those interested (Party comp. starting with the 4th position): HoundMaster(0), GraveRobber(1), Abomination(1), Hellion(1).
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5644 on: March 11, 2016, 09:30:21 pm »

Beat the Anvil of Khorne as the Necron Overlord. This hero is so stupidly strong when he hits level 7. Make it a team of three overlords, and wave 19 is pretty much all you got to worry about.

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5645 on: March 11, 2016, 09:43:04 pm »

Jar of Hearts + "1+1=?" = Infinite heart pickups.
So not worrying about damaging myself too much to fight Mom's Heart, I went through one of those spiky doors that usually holds a red chest. I touched the chest and got teleported to the Devil Room. Which let me bypass Mom's Heart entirely and fight in Sheol.
I then proceed to flood the boss-room with hearts, and then the boss fight was super easy.

The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5646 on: March 12, 2016, 05:44:00 pm »

Finally beat the final boss! This was a pretty tough game. Neverthless I feel the need to replay it on hard...
I really, really liked the fantastic Moebius-style art and setting. It's not something I see very often in games. Or maybe I'm just playing the wrong ones.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5647 on: March 12, 2016, 08:01:26 pm »

In Reassembly, my "Hot needle of Inquiry" is kicking ass with 6 plasma swords. I basically ram ships and let the plasma cutters dig through the hull to the core

Now, the design has progressed over time, as I added more plasma beams to the ship. Now its big enough to comfortably hold a construction bay. So I ram ships (even bigger ships), destroy them, steal their stuffs, and spawn bases and defensive platforms like crazy
You should unlock the "evil player faction" or whatever it's called. They have "armor spikes" which let you basically coat a ship in armor with 500% melee damage, add boosters, and fly straight through *EVERYTHING*. Enemy ships, capital ships, stations, asteroids, you name it.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5648 on: March 12, 2016, 08:05:27 pm »

We're going to worlds!  (AND we WON!)

(Robotics, RL)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5649 on: March 12, 2016, 08:19:20 pm »

Please link me to this Robotics roguelike.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5650 on: March 12, 2016, 08:22:08 pm »

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5651 on: March 13, 2016, 08:33:15 am »

Within the first five minutes of logging in:

Shot down 2 Scythes(one was considered an assist)

Killed the driver of a cloaked Flash.

Headshotted an engineer repairing a damaged Sunderer(got the assist on the Sundie as well)

Barely won a duel with another Lightning; fixed myself back up within seconds.

All with a tank cannon.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5652 on: March 14, 2016, 12:09:50 am »

I always found hitting those bloody mosquitos amusing with a tank.   Yep I got a kill assist on that mosquito.   ...by shooting it with a tank cannon, causing the pilot to bail out in a panic and splatter all over a tree.  The actual good pilots don't panic like that but it's always fun when you get lucky and just get someone who was using that as a quick transport. :P
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5653 on: March 14, 2016, 09:41:14 pm »

EDIT: Just realized this sounds strange to those unfamiliar with the "official" Oldschool Runescape service. You can basically buy paid membership with in-game gold, which costs about 3 million GP. That takes a long time to acquire, unless you're smart about it.

I have finally unlocked the secret to never having to pay for Runescape mems.

As opposed to mining tin and copper myself, walking all the way to Edgeville to smelt it and then selling the bars directly without even smithing them to anything (2k per 20-30 minute round trip), I can sell iron knives.

However, the key is to just buy the iron directly instead of mining it. Mining is a big waste of time. I have plenty of start-up capital, so I can just buy 200ish iron, smith it all at once and then turn it all into throwing knives. Selling them all at once, I can get basically infinite money as long as I'm willing to spend the time smelting and smithing it all.

2007 Runescape.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 09:44:43 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5654 on: March 14, 2016, 11:28:06 pm »

EDIT: Just realized this sounds strange to those unfamiliar with the "official" Oldschool Runescape service. You can basically buy paid membership with in-game gold, which costs about 3 million GP. That takes a long time to acquire, unless you're smart about it.

I have finally unlocked the secret to never having to pay for Runescape mems.

As opposed to mining tin and copper myself, walking all the way to Edgeville to smelt it and then selling the bars directly without even smithing them to anything (2k per 20-30 minute round trip), I can sell iron knives.

However, the key is to just buy the iron directly instead of mining it. Mining is a big waste of time. I have plenty of start-up capital, so I can just buy 200ish iron, smith it all at once and then turn it all into throwing knives. Selling them all at once, I can get basically infinite money as long as I'm willing to spend the time smelting and smithing it all.

2007 Runescape.

Waaaaait, there are bonds for OSRS now!? I should get into it.
Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 711