Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1328490 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #5385 on: January 16, 2016, 04:45:44 pm »

AHAHAHAHA!

I was playing a match in my Raven-4X running the 2x LPLas build I like. Towards the tail end of it we were losing 8-10. My last teammate died, leaving me in a 1v4 situation, in a damaged light 'mech against two Timber Wolves, a Highlander, and a Shadow Cat. I had already been working on both the Highlander and the Timber Wolves all match, so they were decently damaged as well; I popped the CT on the Highlander and booked it. The Timber Wolves both chased me, splitting up in the process. I E&E'd for about twenty seconds then started searching. I found the first TBR and nailed him with one alpha to the CT--he went down, having already been cored and in the orange. About fifteen seconds later I came up over a hill to find the second TBR and did the exact same thing to him.

All that left was the Shadow Cat, which I hadn't seen all game. Nobody in deadchat knew where he was or if he was damaged, so I went for the enemy base. About five seconds before I reached it, our base started to be capped. There was only ~1:40 left on the clock and I was on the absolute wrong end of the map; he wouldn't cap in time, either. I booked it back for our base. When I came up over a rise and got vision on the cap, there was ~20s left on the clock, but he was facing the wrong way. Someone said in chat that it was going to be a draw. I put two alphas into him and he missed his return fire except for a graze with a MLas. Unfortunately he had been... well, not fresh, but not cored either. I somehow managed to keep my targeting perfect, so when I popped out of cover again I destroyed his RT. With ~7-8s left on the clock and nothing to lose, I stood there and kept firing into his CT. That Shadow Cat died at ~1-2s left on the clock.

A+, best game I've ever had, this is why I love my Raven variants.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5386 on: January 16, 2016, 10:10:49 pm »

I upgraded my Divine Gargoyle Halberd a few levels and brought it with me to the Nito boss fight. Following Ispil's advice from earlier, I stayed near the starting area, killed the skeletons that came at me with my Divine weapon and then engaged the good Gravelord in a 1v1. The most tense moment was when I was trying to unequip the Gargoyle Halberd during the boss fight[So I could fast roll out of the way of things] and had no idea what was going on while I was frantically menuing. A few Chaos Fire Whips and several whacks from my trusty Lifehunt Scythe put the First of the Dead back in the ground where they belong. Then, for an encore, I went and killed the Bed of Chaos, which I'd been having trouble with. Now if only I could get past the first room of the Duke's Archives without getting wrecked...

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5387 on: January 17, 2016, 09:36:51 am »

Four direct torpedo hits against a heavily armored destroyer caused a massive hull breach in its crew section. Normally with this destroyer design, it can take a minute or so of sustained broadside fire(about 12 122mm guns and several quad-barreled 50mm guns - all from a mod) before a significant breach is made. Probably even longer with the vanilla guns. And since it's range is mostly based on how far you can see rather than the 800m limit, it can hit targets at least once before they can fire back.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #5388 on: January 17, 2016, 01:19:49 pm »

Playing another FFA, with seven this time. Two of them team up, which is obviously a massive advantage for gold reasons, and one of them is Goths, who are basically the king of trash warfare. I'm playing Britons, who are pretty solid in a trash war what with fast archery ranges, but have no compelling other bonuses and have terrible light cavalry. Oh yeah, and they're not using trash. Because gold.

I held both of them off, single-handed, for about an hour, at which point everyone else save one had been eliminated and they resigned, out of boredom or other commitments. I'm pretty sure I could have pushed through for a win against them anyway soon. I had over three thousand losses (casualty ratio worse than 3:2 in their favour), and had basically my entire base razed at one point, but hey, I won.

Age of Kings: African Kingdoms.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5389 on: January 22, 2016, 09:04:21 pm »

Good luck on the 4 kings without a great-shield.

GUESS WHO JUST WRECKED THE FOUR KINGS WITHOUT A GREATSHIELD?

ME!

Albeit on a different character then I was playing earlier. I've started to get into the "START ALL THE CHARACTERS, PLAY THEM UNTIL I GET BORED AND THEN START ANOTHER ONE" phase with Dark Souls. This character is a mostly pure caster wearing the Darkmoon Set and using the Moonlight Butterfly Horn. So I had 0 poise and a pitiful stamina pool. But what I DID have was damage and dodginess. After a few false starts, I eventually realized that I had to go ham or go home and started whaling on the first King that spawned before the second one could join the fun. I managed to eliminate the first two Kings one at a time, but then they started swarming me and I had to do the good old "Homing Soulmass and then dodge" trick that worked so well on Ornstein and SMOUGH. The Abyss is a really dumb place to fight, too. I can't tell how far away anything is and I have trouble detecting the invisible walls until I'm right up against them and the Nazgul want to party.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5390 on: January 22, 2016, 09:12:27 pm »

Never noticed the Nazgul comparison, but it's very apt. I don't tend to notice these types of things though. I remember someone once comparing undertale to Alice in Wonderland and that was pretty cool.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5391 on: January 22, 2016, 11:23:09 pm »

Just had a great run as Judas. Got a lot of great items, and achieved all of the following:
  • Beat the Boss Rush.
  • Defeated Hush.
  • Defeated the Lamb.
Unlocking three new items in a single run is a pretty big win in my book.

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5392 on: January 23, 2016, 12:04:58 am »

I've started to get into the "START ALL THE CHARACTERS, PLAY THEM UNTIL I GET BORED AND THEN START ANOTHER ONE" phase with Dark Souls.
Oh man, I remember when I was in that phase while playing Skyrim. On console too, so I couldn't change the early game experience or even skip the starting escape from Helgen.

Got quite sick of Skyrim quite fast. 0/10, like Skyrim with Skyrim - IGN
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5393 on: January 23, 2016, 01:15:21 am »

Against the third round of the Rebel Flagship, we totally pulled a Pirates of the Caribbean. I immediately used my 2 flak cannon Mk 1 to get rid of the super shield and allow me to teleport my 4-person mantis boarding party. My crew quickly took out the missile system, but I had forgotten that their crew could board my ship this round as well. My 2 Engi's, one human, and one rockman tried their hardest to protect the ship, but they were overwhelmed by the sheer numbers. A lucky shot from the superweapon knocked out my med-bay, so there was nowhere to heal my injured crew. I decided to use my still-functioning teleporter (my other systems were rapidly getting taken out by the boarders) and teleport the rest of my crew to the flagship. I sent my 4 mantis into the shield room so I could possibly get one last shot with my weapons. I managed to fire my flak cannons once more before they were destroyed by the boarders. I destroyed the triple-laser gun on the flagship, then dispersed my crew to destroy as many systems as possible. The flagship was damaged enough that destroying all of it's systems would kill it. My ship at this point had every single system broken, and still around half health remaining, but 1 or two more shots from the superweapon would kill it. After 1 superweapon shot, my ship was down to 1 HP! and the crew on board were stating to suffocate from the lack of oxygen, (I turned the oxygen off once I bailed, and they destroyed it afterwards.) I piled two of my mantis into the flagship's oxygen and hoped I could kill it fast enough. The superweapon fired once more, but My mantis destroyed the oxygen system only a few frames before the laser's hit my ship. Both ships broke apart, and all of the crew died, but since I destroyed the flagship first, I got the victory. Their sacrifice was not in vain.

"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5394 on: January 23, 2016, 02:08:49 am »

I managed to keep my Sims happy for a few days. I mean, they weren't doing great, but at least they weren't suicidally depressed. This took about an IRL hour of carefully micromanaging every minute of their lives, cancelling automatic "nag" and "be nagged" actions, cleaning up every meal the very instant it wasn't being eaten, removing a wall to make pathfinding easier, and a chance encounter when I managed to get both of them to sit on the couch and stay there, causing their Comfort, Fun and Social needs to skyrocket.

The Sims 1.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5395 on: January 23, 2016, 04:31:39 am »

Playing Dazzle with urn of shadows, arcane boots, and a mek.  It was at the point where I could bring our carry (Invoker, since our Anti-Mage couldn't accept that dying in the first minute was his fault) from ~20% health to 80% in a relatively short time.  There was an enemy Necrophos and I managed to counter Reaper's Scythe (single target execution ultimate) with Shallow Grave (target ally cannot die for five seconds).  Also I never died (had a super easy lane, me and a competent Slardar versus a mediocre Medusa with no support).

"This Dazzle is pro" = carry senpai finally noticed the hard support.

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #5396 on: January 23, 2016, 04:34:08 am »

counter Reaper's Scythe (single target execution ultimate) with Shallow Grave

Niiiice.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #5397 on: January 23, 2016, 04:35:21 am »

I beat the first five levels of Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak on the highest difficulty without having to restart and no practice in advance! I'm not a complete idiot! Yay!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5398 on: January 23, 2016, 04:46:46 am »

counter Reaper's Scythe (single target execution ultimate) with Shallow Grave

Niiiice.
The funny thing was I didn't even see the scythe, I just knew he was about to die and so grave hit maybe a tenth of a second before the scythe did.  I guess me and Necrophos had the same idea.  Probably looked incredibly skilled on my part.  The guy who I graved was so fucked that I swear he stopped pressing buttons for a couple seconds because he thought he was dead.  Still managed to kill someone before the grave ran out and he met his own end.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5399 on: January 23, 2016, 04:47:30 am »

Oh, hey, GUN's back. Welcome back to the board, dude. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 711