Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1328501 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #5340 on: December 30, 2015, 06:38:34 pm »

I'd been trying to beat the stupid Bell Gargoyles for a while and not having that much luck. They're easily the quickest bosses I've yet encountered and I can't dodge freely or I fall off the roof. Plus there are two of them against one of me, which is unfair. So I decided to go human and get Solaire's help. But there were also human players offering to help. After a few tries, I summoned one of them and started fighting. I managed to do some sweet moves and felt good for not looking bad in front of my partner and then promptly got bopped hard. At least that distracted the first gargoyle long enough for my partner[Who dealt WAY more damage then me] to cut off its tail[Netting me a neat-looking axe] and then kill it. The second gargoyle got killed by some sort of lightning my partner used. Honestly, not much of an own, since someone else did most of the work. The real own is that I finally managed to kill the Titanite Demon downstairs, mainly by rolling around behind it a lot.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5341 on: December 30, 2015, 09:26:19 pm »

Reverse-engineered Imperial ship design and now have star destroyers and super star destroyers as the rebels. Now I just need to find the funds to pursue a grand fleet.

Reassembly, Star Wars mod.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #5342 on: December 31, 2015, 02:13:30 pm »

Attacked by a Tokiama banner army. Die, after the assassin made a game effort at wiping most of them out. Reload. Buy brimstone in bulk. Mix up thirty missile-triple-damage spells. Runemaster kills all but two of the enemies one by one. Loot a battle staff, a pile of gold, and of course a Tokiama pass, which will be quite useful in the current political landscape.

Legend: Son of the Empire.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5343 on: December 31, 2015, 02:50:43 pm »

As it turns out, if you have the artifact that makes every enemy elite and you get to about 33 56-leaf clovers, you get swamped in enough items to make winning trivial.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 02:59:14 pm by TheDarkStar »
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5344 on: December 31, 2015, 03:10:00 pm »

I won three games of Shogi

I have no idea how to play Shogi.

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5345 on: January 01, 2016, 12:16:40 pm »

"Just one more turn", I told myself. "Just one more turn."

4 hours later, my Halberdiers a chopping up Daemonwood. Then they get charged by a Gold Dragon... and do far more damage to it than it does to them. Meanwhile I'm steamrolling Greater Fire Elementals and the like with my armies elsewhere.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5346 on: January 01, 2016, 07:58:31 pm »

"Just one more turn", I told myself. "Just one more turn."

I had that problem last night....invaded another plane by turn 90 with a High Priestess hero and Elven Sharpshooters, barely staying alive until I enchanted my Elvis' with Flame and Frost Blade enchantments, then they wrecked everything.  By turn 150, I begun colonising efforts of the Red Plains plane (Ainradra).  Time to find the next Portal.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 08:02:18 pm by Darkening Kaos »
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5347 on: January 02, 2016, 12:24:34 am »

Discovered Natick Banks for the second time. The first time I fell through the church's roof and lost ten minutes of play. Discovered the Deathclaw inside the second time, too.
This time I ditched the power armor, deciding to just camp inside of the antique shop and take it out with my modded Righteous Authority.
Had some close calls, including its last charge where I only just managed to kill it before it ripped me to shreds, and Nick should really get most of the credit for going toe-to-toe with it, but I can proudly say I took no damage the whole fight.  ...Melee damage, anyway. Stupid kicking rocks.
On to the second Deathclaw in the area, I guess. 8)
Fallout 4
Black lives matter.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5348 on: January 03, 2016, 01:31:36 am »

Defeated the final boss with VIGILUS, an elite robot samurai.  Unfortunately, that doesn't end the fight, he has three flunkies left, and VIGILUS has only 2 health.  Oh, and everyone else was dead.  There is no dodge or armor mechanic in the game, my only saving grace are support abilities but I've used most of them and I was out of the energy cells that powered them.  VIGILUS moves out of attack range with it remaining moves.  Then its timed cloak ability activates and it uses it to collect power cells.  What followed was an epic dance in which no one really attacked but VIGILUS kept staying just out of attack range until its moment to strike.  It collected more power cells, then fired the remaining dozer weapon, cloaked, and cut them all to pieces.

E: I unlocked the mutant dozer, which comes with an acid vomitting elite mutant.  The good news is that he's possibly the best character in the game.  The bad news is that the sound effect on his attack placebos me into having acid reflux in real life.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5349 on: January 03, 2016, 01:40:20 am »

Finally beat the Gaping Dragon, after several tries. I ended up with ~30000 souls, because I'd left an absurd amount of souls lying in the boss chamber and consistently picked them up before dying yet again[Wrecking Kirk, Knight of Thorns, sure didn't hurt either]. The reason I had so much trouble with the Gaping Dragon before was because it really freaked me out. I have to hand it to the devs, this boss inspired some pretty good visceral terror in me. When a giant toothy THING starts flying and I don't know where it is and it could be RIGHT ABOVE ME, I flip out. Eventually, I figured out how to run with the camera pointing behind me[Which was a pain, because PC controls] and that fear mostly disappeared. Knowing where the bugger was and when and where it flopped its toothy bit down, while running at full speed if need be, helped a lot with my nerves. Even more important, I found a shortcut to the boss room from Firelink Shrine that only involved rats, blobs and a pair of dogs[Skipping those fucking curse-geckos entirely].

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #5350 on: January 03, 2016, 10:19:01 am »

Killed a Great Jaggi by kicking it in the head.
MH4U.
thincake

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5351 on: January 04, 2016, 02:25:35 pm »

I had sex with the Abbess-General and we're now in love!

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #5352 on: January 04, 2016, 02:27:02 pm »

I had sex with the Abbess-General and we're now in love!
pretty sure that's the wrong order for a healthy relationship :P
thincake

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5353 on: January 04, 2016, 03:29:58 pm »

Really? I've always think that having a healthy relationship meant not giving lover's pox to your partner(s).

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5354 on: January 07, 2016, 08:53:36 pm »

Discovered that changing the end date is as simple as editing a text file, which while not an actual success does relieve me from the nagging feeling that there's no way I'll be able to conquer the world as a small country in what is now Malaysia. If I can't do it in a few hundred years, perhaps I can in a few thousand, despite the fact that things will doubtlessly begin to get strange after year 3000 or so.
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 711