Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1328764 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #5250 on: December 15, 2015, 06:13:38 pm »

I honestly felt way more 'shame' playing 15 minutes of Mugen Souls than I did in 40 hours of Huniepop for what it's worth.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5251 on: December 15, 2015, 11:36:49 pm »

I'll be the first (well, in this case, second) person to jump on the "Huniepop is actually a good game" wagon. Because I've played it, and I was surprised to find that developing strategies with item combinations and learning how the puzzle mechanics worked was quite fun.

That's not to say the shame isn't real. Everyone feels some amount of shame playing Huniepop. That doesn't mean we have to shame those who partake even further.

(I mean, while you're at it, you might as well shame everyone who plays almost any fighting game or MMO ever, many of which take full advantage of sex appeal. Huniepop isn't that different. It's just a lot more up front about it.)
Liar. I FELT NOTHING.
okay maybe a little but god damn was it fun
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5252 on: December 16, 2015, 12:18:37 pm »

This is from last night.  Brand new character. Lunara.  One of those WoW dryads who are kinda like centaur but with deer ass instead of horse ass.  I decide to purchase her and play as her a few rounds because I hate the game's normal mount mechanics and another character who doesn't use a normal mount is as good as bought for me.

My first game, Quick match I proceed to absolutely dominate with her.  I have no idea how.  I even manage to bully back an opposing chogall in lane at the beginning, which I didn't think was even possible.

12 Kills fewest deaths and top hero damage.  No-one on my team believes me when I say it's my first time using her.

Heroes of the Storm
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5253 on: December 16, 2015, 01:32:29 pm »

Hadn't played in a while. Decided to go for another dive into the basement with my main man child? Cain. Didn't expect much.

Literally every boss I fought dropped an item which boosted my tear damage. On top of that, I got piggy bank early and sacrificed a bunch of health to a devil beggar, enabling me to buy PHD and identify the THREE pills he gave me.

Two of them were pretty fly pills.
A few rooms later the game handed me Infamy in a locked chest.
Then it handed me another pretty fly pill.

Three pretty flies and infamy. I was basically immune to projectiles. And so I beat the Cathedral. Easily.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5254 on: December 16, 2015, 10:01:13 pm »

The Tau were putting up extreme resistance at Asharis(which the foul xenos renamed Tash'n). Stealth snipers and missile artillery everywhere. Knowing it was suicide to try and outshoot the Tau with Tactical Marines, I countered with Assault Marines. Normally, I don't really use them, but they're the perfect counter. They can close fast, Tau have next to no melee ability, and Melta Bombs rip apart their tanks. Skull Probes sniffed out their stealthsuits, and Assault Marines dropped right on them.

Even so, taking one of the main objectives, Unity Plaza, was costly. And worse, doing so was supposed to render the stealthsuits ineffective, but it didn't. The REAL objective, however, was the death of the Ethereal running the show. He was sitting atop a tiered citadel guarded by everything the Tau had. Each step up the fortress was paid a toll in blood, each stair built from a corpse. Reaching the top proved almost too costly, I had to fall back to regroup. Less than half the force made it back down. All I could do was park the Land Raider to cover what was left of the force.

Worse still, the Tau had counter-attacked, overrunning the former forward position, retaking Unity Plaza, and burning some of the defenses of the base. Getting reinforcements to the citadel was next to impossible. Then the dumbass Ethereal waltzes right in front of the Land Raider. Mission complete, Tau removed from the campaign, gg.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5255 on: December 16, 2015, 10:19:11 pm »

ROFLstomped the Luminose City Gym using only a level 23 Steelix I had picked up earlier in a trade. Given the average pokemon levels at this point are in the mid 30s, all I can say is lol. The only scary moment in fact was when I discovered Clemont's Helioisk had Grass Knot for type coverage, and given Steelix's poor special defense and huge weight, even hitting nuetral did a lot of damage(thankfully, this was just as I was getting off the second dig to take it out, and he didn't knock out my steelix with it)

This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Nullsrc

• Bay Watcher
  • A Euclidean Plane Crash
    • View Profile
« Reply #5256 on: December 17, 2015, 09:26:16 am »

Started as a Rogue. Managed to find two potions of strength and several upgrade/enchant scrolls by the time I got to the first boss at level 5. Just barely beat him by throwing firebloom seeds at him and setting him on fire, and repeatedly hitting him and dodging back into the very conveniently-placed pool.

Descended to level 6, figuring that I would die here because I'd only ever made it as far as 5 before, and never actually survived an encounter with the goo before. Saw that there was a shop and blew all of my gold on food and other things. Descended more and more levels until I got to 10, upon which the fight with Tengu commenced. I stood at one end of the room and threw somewhere around 8 bombs at him until he died.

By the time I got to level 11, I was living from ration to ration, about one on every level, but it was keeping me alive. Managed to stay alive (even with some serious backtracking) all the way to level 15, with the DM-300. He killed me dead. But I'll take it considering that my rankings page now has a bunch of guys who made it to level 5 under a single guy who got to 15.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #5257 on: December 17, 2015, 11:51:51 am »

Started as a Rogue...
What game is this? Sounds like a roguelike, but there's not quite enough context.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5258 on: December 17, 2015, 12:16:05 pm »

Started as a Rogue...
What game is this? Sounds like a roguelike, but there's not quite enough context.
sounds like pixel dungeon.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5259 on: December 17, 2015, 06:09:30 pm »

I'll admit, most of the time I don't do so good. My reactions aren't the fastest and I don't get that many kills.
I've assaulted a few places, but this time I was defending and I was that asshole in the anti-vehicle turret, blowing you up from as far away as you can see and virtually unkillable because he's got some pocket engineer fixing him. Destroyed or had a hand in the destruction of three Sunderers, two Lightnings, and somewhere around six infantry, which is a pretty good haul for me.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5260 on: December 17, 2015, 07:02:16 pm »

Oh hey if you're playing Vanu you can have some great fun in the gunner seat on a magrider.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5261 on: December 17, 2015, 07:15:00 pm »

Disgusting spandex fetishists.
join the glorious cause of freedom to all LIVE FREE IN THE - *gets jackhammered by friendly soldier*
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 07:32:01 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5262 on: December 17, 2015, 07:30:42 pm »

Put on your blue and yellow armor, then proceed to the DiFac for your complementary Starbucks or Jamba Juice.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #5263 on: December 17, 2015, 07:57:46 pm »

Join the TR. Freedom Through Superior Firepower.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5264 on: December 17, 2015, 08:15:19 pm »

TR wins. Thus is fact. Dakakakakakakakakaka.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 711