Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1329608 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #5100 on: November 04, 2015, 06:09:48 pm »

I remember playing my first purist run. I found an epic fetus in my first secret room. Won the game quite easily after that.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5101 on: November 07, 2015, 12:28:10 am »

Imploded(moved all) the walls into oblivion(those that are immune to Evaporate Wall).
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5102 on: November 07, 2015, 01:39:58 pm »

Murdered the first shopkeeper on level 1-2 with the machete in his shop. Took his shotgun.

Made it aaaaall the way to Olmec on level 4-4. That's ~14 or so shopkeepers armed with shotguns guarding the level exits that I had to wade through. If you've played this game, you know how dangerous that can be. (It's also really fun.)

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5103 on: November 07, 2015, 05:53:49 pm »

Took down the game's first spotted supply barge on what looked like an abduction mission.  Two dozen aliens, including four Outsiders, eliminated for only one injury.  Unfortunately, it was a doozy: Van Doorn's going to be on strict bed rest for over 40 days. 

Also, snow in Nigeria.  How odd. 

EDIT: And within the hour in-game, France withdraws from the project, joining Germany.  C'est la vie.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 06:09:47 pm by Culise »

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5104 on: November 07, 2015, 06:09:44 pm »

When I first started the High Rank missions, I had no idea what to do. Everything could kill me in one or two hits. I practiced, practiced and practiced, then eventually became able to beat most weaker HR monsters. Then I got an Urgent Quest to fight a pink Rathian and I experienced ultimate rage. I noticed that I had enough materials to make some random pieces of High Rank armor, pretty much all of which had more than twice the defense of the Zinogre armor I had been using. I made a bunch for myself, and then killed the pink Rathian with almost no effort thanks to training in 40 times Earth's gravity learning to almost never get hit. Now when I did get hit, it wouldn't matter. I killed her again, and again, and again until I made a full set of pink Rath Heart armor and a brand new sword and shield. Feels.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5105 on: November 08, 2015, 07:59:43 am »

EDIT: And within the hour in-game, France withdraws from the project, joining Germany.  C'est la vie.
It's World War 2 all over again.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5106 on: November 10, 2015, 01:34:46 pm »

I designed a ship with 12 forward-firing disintegrator cannons. It was capable of literally blasting a hole sideways through a shielded Vulfen Cruiser. It did require minor support, as it had less broadside/rear firepower than a ship one entire class lower than itself.

It fired green lasers, so it looked like someone had parked the death star laser on the front of a cruiser. Also my custom race was cybernetic, and used the Samurai Space Bear aesthetic (that's a thing). They were called the Bjorg.

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5107 on: November 12, 2015, 11:26:31 am »

I killed a moose.

Granted, it was half-injured already (probably why it was angry!), and the bastard still got within 2 tiles before one final arrow brought it down.

But I can now consider my many previous characters avenged. After so many deaths by moose (including my first character, 33 minutes into the game), finally taking revenge feels so good.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5108 on: November 13, 2015, 03:42:13 am »

I have finally managed to eke out a safe, if somewhat monastic existence on my hardcore Minecraft world. I have enough wheat growing that I (probably) don't have to worry about starvation for a little bit, a secure underground base, the shallow beginnings of a mineshaft with multiple surface exits, and the grounds surrounding my home have been explored and lit to the point that there's only a handful of monsters at night.

The only thing that bothers me is the lack of sheep for beds, but I suppose I'm doing well enough without those.

Minecraft.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5109 on: November 13, 2015, 12:06:35 pm »

Walked down the stairs into a basement, ran into a massive smoke cloud and a pile of acid.  "Oh, a smoker and a spitter."  Killed both, and waited by the door as the cloud started to clear, with my atomic nightlight for sight since I couldn't shine my flashlight through the cloud in either case.  Then a giant fist came out of the dark and slammed me back against the stone wall, before a pair of hands grabbed me from beyond my sight range and yanked me forwards towards the door and what rapidly was apparent as a horde.  Turns out the smoker and spitter weren't alone; there was also a hulk, a grappler, and seven survivor zombies now surrounding me, with the hulk now between me and my only way out.  Boxed in, I couldn't use my grenades without blowing myself up (though it became increasingly tempting), so I hefted my broadsword and laid into the horde.  In the end of it, I come out with my clothes torn, barely standing, likely with what would have been at least half a dozen broken ribs and severe bruises all over if that was modeled in the game, but alive and ready to claim my reward - a massive stockpile of tinned food. 

« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 12:08:35 pm by Culise »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5110 on: November 13, 2015, 06:00:29 pm »

Wait, you killed a hulk with a broadsword... HOW?!!
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

blazing glory

« Reply #5111 on: November 13, 2015, 06:07:50 pm »

Wait, you killed a hulk with a broadsword... HOW?!!
With enough armor, I could kill a hulk with a hammer, broadswords are pretty high on the list of decent melee weapons.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5112 on: November 13, 2015, 06:11:12 pm »

skill

with enough skill you can kill ogres  hulks with dwarven short swords broadswords
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5113 on: November 13, 2015, 06:29:30 pm »

Pretty much both of the above. I was locked in place by the surrounding zeds, so everything came down to character skill (5 in dodge, 8 in melee, 7 in both bashing and cutting), armor (the dead of winter meant I was the peak of apocalyptic haute couture with an armored fur coat and MBR vest, both loaded with kevlar), and one of the best melee weapons in the game short of end-game material (the broadsword).  The only thing I did was pick my targets to take down the grappler first (easiest to kill, most likely to try a pin, and most likely to succeed in my experience), the hulk (highest damage potential), and finally the survivor zeds (which also can pin, but were both too numerous to easily eliminate and also kept the hulk from sending me flying into walls by surrounding me on five sides - basically serving as squishy, rotty, bitey, grabby pillows). 
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 06:32:44 pm by Culise »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5114 on: November 14, 2015, 01:51:08 am »

Breached a cavern. Killed many monsters via the tactical use of lava buckets. Acquired iron, coal, gold, diamond, redstone and emeralds in copious amounts. Expanded my wheat farm to about 400% of its former capacity, so I don't have to worry about food unless something truly catastrophic happens. All of this on what is probably my longest-lasting hardcore world yet.

Just about the only danger left is my own hubris, at least in my starting area. Time to explore the nearby jungle biome!

Minecraft.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 711