Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1328997 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #5040 on: October 23, 2015, 10:43:56 pm »

I decided I'd been too mean to the enemy team with my Colt Walkers and decided to buy a Henry Rifle.  The objective for this map is to push a raft through a cold, ankle-high river; at the center of the map it goes through a tunnel and there's a pass over.  I go up on the pass and shoot at the two enemies, who are trying to rush through with an axe and a coach gun.  It goes suprisingly well for them but they still die.  I see someone is pushing the cart raft; he exits the tunnel to reveal that he has a machete equipped.  I start shooting at him from above and behind, get him once in the leg, and then he runs away, obviously meaning to come up behind me.  I scope up and watch behind me, he rushes me and I calmly take aim and gun him down, confident that he just has a melee weapon.

Actually he had a Colt Walker with 3 shots in it.

I don't know why he decided to melee me when he had the highest damage handgun in the game, but I gladly take it for myself and proceed to decimate the enemy team with it, as the level is too narrow for them to surprise me, and I can just retreat behind my allies when I need to do my ridiculously long reload.  In the final charge I decide to just go for it with nothing loaded except four in the Henry Rifle.  I miss one shot on an enemy with a rifle, hit the other and he retreats to reload.  An enemy is camping the path with a shotgun, I turn the corner and semi-accidentally headshot him.  The only guy left is the one with the rifle, I take aim with my last bullet and hit him square in the chest for just enough to kill him.  I have no more bullets, but the payload raft reaches the goal.  Never died, x18 killstreak, 108 notoriety, second place on my team was 23 noteriety.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: October 24, 2015, 12:40:53 pm »

Spoiler: Context (click to show/hide)

So I did end up converting to TSO and winning, with the full fifteen runes. I must admit to some disappointment. Aside from the boss fight with Asmodeus[Which I only survived because of TSO giving me absurd healing on killing him so the several brimstone fiends he summoned didn't wreck me] and all the Ice Fiends with Cocytus' boss tormenting me at once, I never once encountered something that couldn't be solved by hasting up, maybe casting Silence and then pummeling things repeatedly with my +9 Eveningstar of Holy Wrath. Well, swarms of Greater Mummies in the Tomb were trickier and required abusing LoS and stair dancing, but if I'd had Silence castable then, they would've been pushovers. I also kept around the Elemental Staff for resists and damage against non-unholy foes. Even though I did end up training Evocations to 27 for that, there wasn't that much call for it to be used, except on a saucy Seraph who showed up right before I ascended.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 12:42:51 pm by Arcvasti »
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5042 on: October 24, 2015, 01:50:33 pm »

So i was fighting a taranis and i was getting pummeled by its anti-fighter defense, i kept fighting, or at least was trying to fight it and try to capture it but i was going critical and wasnt looking really good for me then out of no-where my scaldis wich for some unknown reason was on follow me order and came out of warp and hit the taranishead-on sending it flying at over, well i dont know the speed it was but he did clear 2 system space in really no time.

I was laughing my ass off trying to roleplay it in my head because Taranis destroyers can be really dangerous if you attack it on the wrong angle and such, and the scaldisÉ Well its a big ass mining ship with no weapon worth talking about and in my head it was: *He guys the boss is in real trouble lets give him a head, prep the shield we are going in for a ram. ENGAGE FULL SPEED AHEAD and brace for impact!!!!!

Suddenly the Taranis is not a treat anymore. Wasnt a win per say but it did clear the sector and save my ass so yeah.

Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5043 on: October 24, 2015, 02:14:27 pm »

-snip-

Huh. Didn't think minotaurs could get spells castable like that.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5044 on: October 24, 2015, 02:43:33 pm »

Managed to knock out a colony of Alpha and Gamma metroids ahead of time and under-equipped, and rather swiftly too. Battle environments were also pretty hostile too. Unintentional sequence break.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5045 on: October 24, 2015, 08:31:02 pm »

Finally managed to beat the secret final boss and get the best ending. Not to mention making it past the boss before him without taking damage. Holy shit that was intense.

Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: October 24, 2015, 09:03:12 pm »

-snip-

Huh. Didn't think minotaurs could get spells castable like that.

You can, its just a lot of work. I had to sink ~17-18 levels into Charms, Spellcasting, Air and Hexes to get a decent success chance. Which took forever, but its not like I had anything better to put points in once I maxed Fighting, Shields AND Armour.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5047 on: October 25, 2015, 05:38:10 am »

Spoiler: pretty big image (click to show/hide)

the maint point of interest here is the minimap.
we held off the vanu at this location for like fifteen minutes, while they threw two libs, five scythes, five magriders, a sunderer, and about a bajillion lightnings at us.
and by "held off" i mean we fought them for fifteen minutes after which we drove them out.

you might note that there is nothing here to defend: it's literally just a sunderer deployed in a sort of covered part of mountainside and about fifty gorillion maxes firing on the road below. much xp was farmed.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: October 25, 2015, 07:51:17 am »

After over 30 or so deaths and lots of practice, I finally managed to beat the final boss of the Genocide route. I know I should feel bad about killing him, but after the hell he put me through, I just can't.

Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: October 25, 2015, 10:00:11 am »

~Planetside 2~
What server are you on o_o {for future bookkeeping reference if I ever get to play, ever}

Finally got to level 30 before even getting to Dreadfell--not much of a normal 'own', as far as I know, but when playing on Nightmare Difficulty and Roguelike setting, each time you live through a boss battle {without save scumming or whatever} is an Own in itself.

Given that everyone is ~10 levels above you. Always.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5050 on: October 25, 2015, 10:01:46 am »

Hit the level cap and am not horribly dying at Torment 1. Maybe I'll be able to finish the whole season journey thing soon, which will probably deserve a post.

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5051 on: October 25, 2015, 11:12:28 am »

~Planetside 2~
What server are you on o_o {for future bookkeeping reference if I ever get to play, ever}
I play on Emerald, even though I live in Belgium.
I do have a TR and NC character on Miller, though. Those dudes have existed for like two years so they probably have a bunch of free stuff on them. (like double burster arms)

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5052 on: October 25, 2015, 12:28:54 pm »

Hit the level cap and am not horribly dying at Torment 1. Maybe I'll be able to finish the whole season journey thing soon, which will probably deserve a post.

Torment 1 isn't that hard at all. It can be done with good yellow gear and a skill build that isn't pants-on-head stupid. Feel free to push higher torments to find what level you can play comfortably to get the best return in droprates and experience rates.

You only need to really worry about dying horribly if you're playing hardcore, otherwise the death penalty is minor, just some gold lost and some time lost.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: weirdness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: October 25, 2015, 05:01:52 pm »

The other day, I somehow managed to get past all the Agatha Knights guarding the royal family and slaughter every one of them, winning the match for my team.

I didn't really understand why I died until I discovered I was teleporting my own spine into my enemies' body as a primary way of attack.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: October 25, 2015, 08:55:33 pm »

~Planetside 2~
I play on Emerald, even though I live in Belgium.
I do have a TR and NC character on Miller, though. Those dudes have existed for like two years so they probably have a bunch of free stuff on them. (like double burster arms)
You got any Vanu on Emerald? I only play one faction so far.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 711