Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1329194 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #4920 on: September 28, 2015, 07:15:42 am »

Kit myself out for spelunking to wait out the night. I take a handful of torches and two extra axes, leave everything else at my base. At sunset, I head off and reach the cave just as it gets dark - perfect timing. Use a torch, descend into the darkness with axe out, ready for anything- oh, the cave's only a few metres deep.

I head back out, and take a peek out of the cave. It looks all clear, but there's a lake outside the cave I have to cross. I do the only logical thing: Leeeroy Jenkiins Walk out, scanning the terrain. Massive payoff: two spiders drop from the cliff behind me, but I dodge one web and only barely get caught in the other. Five seconds of crazy melee later, I've broken an axe and a half, killed both spiders by some miracle, and have some extra resources in pocket. Turn around and continue, only to spot three skeletons, a spider and a zombie outside my base - presumably there for a peaceful protest against my industrial pollution. Obviously.

So of course, I do the only logical thing: Leeeroy Jenkiins!, for real this time. Flat sprint, jump into the moat, break open the barricade and seal it behind me, just as the zombie reaches it.

By rights, I should have died. Instead, I came out with more than enough stuff to make a bow and some extra experience points (not that they're useful), for the price of half a hunger bar.

Minecraft, with Better Than Wolves.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4921 on: September 28, 2015, 12:38:42 pm »

Group ownage in Rogue Trader:

We're on a world almost completely covered in algae, exploring an abandoned Mechanicus facility. We have discovered that some of the algae draws on the warp for sustenance and distributes it to the rest. We also discover that a daemon of Nurgle is either studying the algae or may be responsible for it. We decide to eliminate it. My astropath tracks it down, and we bring a party of armsmen with flamers from the ship to serve as redshirts cannon fodder backup.

So anyway. We find the daemon. The First Officer commands the armsmen to rush in and flame the creature, who do no damage, but burn away a swarm of insects that the daemon was using as a sort of shield. He then uses his plasma pistol to destroy a crate that the daemon was using as cover, which also reveals the heavy bolter at the creature's feet. That's when another player levels his own heavy bolter and unloads. He scores a ridiculous number of hits, many of which proc Righteous Fury, and one of those procs it again! Basically, massive damage. The daemon falls to the ground, seemingly defeated...and then it burns a fate point.

It rises on metallic wing and sprouts tentacles. Our techpriest realizes that this creature used to be the Genetor in charge of this facility. Everyone continues to unload on the daemon, though it has better armor now. It fires a single shot from its bolter at the armsmen, who immediately start melting and dying to some horribly toxic gas. The Rogue Trader, who is squishy and soft, hides behind a solid wall while shouting encouragement. I contribute by dealing damage for the first time this entire campaign, landing a solid shot from my archeotech pistol.

Round 2. The First Officer manages to rally the panicking armsmen, who proceed to chuck grenades at the daemon. He then seeks cover himself, lacking protection from melting gas. Heavy Bolter Guy unloads once more, not doing quite as much damage as in the previous round but still doing enough to send the creature back where it came from. GM then reveals that we had just taken down a frickin' daemon prince, and awards us 3000 xp. We shot from Rank 2 to Rank 4 in a single session.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4922 on: September 28, 2015, 12:39:24 pm »

I now own a Hale's Own Flamethrower :D
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4923 on: September 28, 2015, 03:42:13 pm »

I'll tell you the basics, not the actual move: Grab your own arm and give it enough force to rip it off.

Look at the moves if you want to know more. There is a move like what i did before, "Puppet arm".
I really need to come out of my ToriRetirement to take some of those guys on. When I stopped playing, I was the best around, no one was ever gonna take me down.

Also because I dislike weeaboo.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4924 on: September 28, 2015, 04:17:43 pm »

B12 showdown: Shook vs IronTomato

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4925 on: September 28, 2015, 05:14:28 pm »

Shook is Weeaboo? I thought he was Artist.
Doest Gunnerchan ever toribash?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4926 on: September 28, 2015, 05:17:14 pm »

Gunnerchan gets a free pass. I don't know if Shook is a weaboo but I'd like to fight him anyway.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4927 on: September 28, 2015, 05:17:29 pm »

Shook is a toribash legend, iirc.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4928 on: September 28, 2015, 05:23:15 pm »

Shook is a toribash legend, iirc.
I know, that's the whole point. Back when I was new to the game, I ran into him on the forums just as he was becoming le legend and I nearly shit a brick.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4929 on: September 28, 2015, 05:28:23 pm »

Gunnerchan gets a free pass. I don't know if Shook is a weaboo but I'd like to fight him anyway.
Ah. I see.

I had an idea for a move, but I don't know if I could pull it off. I need to try playing again.

Meanwhile, I hit upon a combination of armor that allows me to even take a hit from a paint roller and keep going; one hit only, mind you, because if you get close enough to be hit by one of those melee beasts, it will almost always splat you - you're lucky if you can splat them too. Fortunately, my equipment gives me just enough time to do just that; and in my last match last night not only did I get hit and splat them, I managed to avoid being splatted too! A virtually impossible move, and it let me slip by the rest of their team and get in their base, where I painted everything, getting the win for our team and the MVP position.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4930 on: September 28, 2015, 11:42:11 pm »

Ugh, you guys aren't all twinswords players are you?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #4931 on: September 29, 2015, 06:03:48 am »

I am! But I also play gerykidio.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

blazing glory

« Reply #4932 on: September 29, 2015, 06:21:42 am »

Ugh, you guys aren't all twinswords players are you?
I prefer Katana's but I sort of do anything I feel like.

Except Mushu, that deserves to be atomized.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4933 on: September 29, 2015, 06:43:33 am »

Akido and twinswords are my favorite modes. Twinswords just looks incredibly flashy, while akido is great for awesome comebacks.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #4934 on: September 29, 2015, 06:44:46 am »

...What game are you guys talking about?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 711