Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1328549 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #4500 on: June 05, 2015, 12:06:00 pm »

I've heard that from many people, but I friggin' ONE-TRIED him!
Then again, I did the same for Monsoon-And I remember SUCKING at both fights before. So I think I was running off of pure molten hatred at the time, especially when I beat Armstrong. I was literally singing along with the music.
People say Monsoon is hard, but I didn't have much problem with him. I think I even beat him on my first try.
...What are you?
Nanomachines, son.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4501 on: June 05, 2015, 07:00:45 pm »

Finally defeated the Necrodancer as Cadence. Controlling two characters is hard.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #4502 on: June 05, 2015, 07:45:46 pm »

I'd heard horror stories of Amygdala. Instant deaths, 10 tries to fight him, the like. I was prepared for the worst when I entered the boss arena.

The fight took all of 15 seconds. He didn't even manage to do the thing where he took his arms off to use as weapons.

Bloodborne.

Also-

Some Cthulu-ish monster keeps summoning rays of light to murder me to death when I get it to half health.

Bloodborne, the "Ebrietas, daughter of the cosmos" boss.

Well, managed to beat her. After 12 tries, I managed to do enough damage fast enough that she didn't get off the lasers. Only used 6 Blood Vials too. The last shot was a Bone Marrow Ash +6 Cannon shot to the face as she charged me. No boss has given me that satisfaction.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4503 on: June 06, 2015, 12:06:16 am »

Can't fucking find Eileen the goddamn Crow and I really want her clothes. The friendship way, I mean. I'll friendship steal her clothes. After following her around until she dies. Yeah.

Bloodborne.

I realized this wasn't the death thread, but to make up for it I have an own: I HAVE A FUCKING CANNON ON MY FUCKING ARM AND IT SHOOTS THINGS

B L ODO B RONE (FUCKING CANNNON)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 01:01:20 am by rabidgam3r »
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4504 on: June 06, 2015, 12:10:53 am »

Friendship stealing is now my favorite expression/Verb of all time
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4505 on: June 06, 2015, 02:22:19 am »

Dodged between two torpedoes in a VERY small gap in a tight spread and proceeded to torch the destroyer that fired the torps at me. In my tier one cruiser.

World of Warships. Finally broke down and bought wy way into the CBT
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4506 on: June 06, 2015, 07:09:23 am »

Got 2 perfects within 15 minutes of each other.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 07:39:52 am by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4507 on: June 06, 2015, 07:15:23 am »

meteors.png

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4508 on: June 06, 2015, 09:36:17 am »

Achieved a new high score of fighting through 8 rounds of opponents. Only reason my spree stopped was because I got faced with the Skullgirl Maria, who's totes op and ripped through all three of my fighters thanks to her projectile spam legitimate strategy nah it's definitely projectile spam.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4509 on: June 06, 2015, 11:22:15 am »

Nothing like going Rambo through the Strogg Palace and deciding to blaze through it on Hard difficulty, and willingly going in and destroying all their ranks (I think on Hard there's a total of 300 mostly elites (different color than the garden variety Strogg, so I assume they were faster/stronger. Certainly took more hits than usual) during the final cluster of levels) and then Makron himself without using any powerups (Shield belt (had like 7 of them, sparing them unless a battle called for it; *cough*almost never*cough*), Quad Damage, Silencer, etc., had them all), and making the final battle a fair one-on-one Terran weapons (First 5 weapons) vs. Strogg weapons (Last 5 Weapons)) duel (again, no powerups used here); actually, make that for pretty much the entire game, I went through as a No Carry-on Powerups play (except Adrenaline life refills (just like Doom berserk packs; instant use on pickup). I wasn't aware the shield belt would be that useful to the point I wouldn't need to heal nearly as much as I had to and also doubling my armor rating while at it. I'm more badass than I thought. Especially when plowing through the front door of the palace, when I was up against 4 elite commanders, a few jetpacks, and a platoon of grunts (a total of maybe 25 dudes of varied ranks all at once at the front door, evading and shooting while completely surrounded and overwhelmed. Ate all the med packs at the opening doorway to heal up afterwards (knocked down to 25> health and almost no armor), but damn, was that fun.), and I shotgunned through the ranks like they were nothing. Cherry-tapping some of the ranks with the starter pistol was also pretty amusing; but handy as well, though. That sucker may be weak as hell, but it's really damn accurate at a distance, and probably the most useful weapon I used throughout the final raid; especially when out of view or range of certain Strogg.

I replayed the level with multiplayer settings as more of a level-select mode to relive it; also justifying the 'Give All' command (gives everything), since I was already like that when I initially raided it, and re-lived the experience how it was meant to be played (with powerups, this time, where appropriate). I liked my no-powerups run better. That was hardcore fun.

Funny how I can justify cheating post-beating the game (although beating the game itself is enough justification, on it's own, for me) by using the cheats to replicate my old setup if I lost a save (even on Hard, I was completely loaded by endgame + bandolier and backpack (1.5x-2x ammo capacity).
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 12:10:44 pm by Itnetlolor »

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #4510 on: June 06, 2015, 09:28:05 pm »

Yeah FUCK YOU Nice Guy, goddamn super-buff using som'bich.
also actual mr. boss man.

Also I forgot how damn long Persona games are; I'm almost 16 hours in and I think I'm around the 1/4 point, maybe closer to 1/3 done.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #4511 on: June 06, 2015, 09:35:03 pm »

3 of 4 squad members lost in the first engagement of the mission. Still only normal guns and armor. Sole survivor is a rookie on his first mission. He used his frag to take out the 2nd of 2 aliens in that first engagement, and was wounded by reaction fire during it. I think "to hell with it, let's see how long this guy lasts" as I'm doing Ironman mode.

He goes through the entire rest of the mission without getting shot, and finishes it all alone. Even that 6hp Outsider at the end.

Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4512 on: June 07, 2015, 03:52:14 pm »

Found that the most game-breaking thing ever is beehives. Each costs $20,000, but each also provides $8,000/hr with no effort. I built eight of them and am now making as much money per hour doing absolutely nothing as I was per day growing/harvesting/selling grain.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4513 on: June 07, 2015, 05:09:33 pm »

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4514 on: June 08, 2015, 02:21:52 am »

Reminds me of my run, back in 7.2 ish. >_>
Got a fancy longbow which carried me through midgame pretty well. <_<
*GRATS TO YOU. Spend them well.*
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 711