Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1328676 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #4455 on: May 24, 2015, 02:58:47 pm »

Sayoku, the GLORIOUS LEADER, has been arrested and sentenced to 20 years in prison, thanks to the failed efforts of Cody Carr, Ace Attorney, to defend him for counts of terrorism, breaking and entering, and vandalism.

BUT WE FRIGGIN' WON.

And that means...

THERE ARE NO PRISONS!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 03:02:41 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4456 on: May 25, 2015, 11:04:55 am »

Going well so far. Save-scummed a few good intrinsics(a couple of resistances including Stun, Death Ray, Petrification, Poison, and Paralysis, Luck and Fate Smiles, See-Invisible - no Wishes though, damn) from a pool, found some neat spellbooks, including the helpful Strength of Atlas, picked up a mithril large hammer, and an adamantine broadsword. One of my best runs ever. Sure, savescumming probably blunts the ownage, but this Necromancer is squishy(for now).

I think I'll attempt an Archmage this run. That'll be fun.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4457 on: May 25, 2015, 11:10:26 am »

Silly Blaze.  The answer to corpse clutter isnt removing the corpses, but finding ways to increase the corpse density.  So instead of a plain having a corpse every ten to fifteen feet, you have one every three to four feet.

OBIS + Bandit Patrols, Populated Roads and Paths, Immersive Patrols, Extra Encounters, Random Encounters Reborn, Realistic Animals and Behaviors, Prides of Skyrim, Wild Horses of Skyrim + Horses Gone Wild, Deadly Dragons, Horsemen (NPCs can spawn with horses), 28-Days and a Bit Zombie Apocalypse, Draugnarok.

Also, Solid Corpses, my camp is surrounded by a wall of various corpses.
That just means that they have a bigger chance of slipping and breaking their bones when trying to come at you.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4458 on: May 25, 2015, 02:20:26 pm »

Unlocked the Refreezerator pod. In case you don't know, it means you need to finish the game without the crystal being attacked. Ever. Poor Kreyang died on floor 10 and didn't live to see it. Still, that was the last pod I still had to unlock.

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4459 on: May 25, 2015, 04:48:43 pm »

Going well so far. Save-scummed a few good intrinsics(a couple of resistances including Stun, Death Ray, Petrification, Poison, and Paralysis, Luck and Fate Smiles, See-Invisible - no Wishes though, damn) from a pool, found some neat spellbooks, including the helpful Strength of Atlas, picked up a mithril large hammer, and an adamantine broadsword. One of my best runs ever. Sure, savescumming probably blunts the ownage, but this Necromancer is squishy(for now).

I think I'll attempt an Archmage this run. That'll be fun.

I thought of an "archlich" challenge similar to archmage except using a necromancer, but I'm not sure where the "lich" part fits in. Probably includes the necromancer's level 50 "avoid death" ability and wish. Maybe an archmage necromancer that achieves at least 10 toughness thanks to gear so that they can never die from 0 hp...wonder if a necro can have their max hp halved from avoiding death so much that they reach an hp value of 1. That seems "lich"-like. Barely alive but cannot die.

An archmage necro could use wish to provide blessed potions of mana to fuel his undead army. Maybe have an entourage of raised liches following you, the archlich, around. Feel like being able to blast things with death ray on command is also "lich"-like.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4460 on: May 25, 2015, 05:17:58 pm »

It turns out, that if you spec them right, mages are nigh-invulnerable and better tanks than the actual tanks, and do more damage than the DPS.

So... Mages in Dragon Age are the same as ever? Seriously, I just outright stopped playing Awakening because combat was too easy. It was boring. Turn on all of my buffs, whack some stuff, stuff falls down, I take little to no damage. Arcane Warrior is OP as shit. Combat Magic just makes it worse. And by worse I mean I could probably face down an elder dragon and walk away unscathed.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4461 on: May 25, 2015, 05:26:40 pm »

In Origins Glyph of Paralysis+ Gylph of Repulsion was an "I win" button against everything except for some bosses. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4462 on: May 25, 2015, 08:42:19 pm »

It turns out, that if you spec them right, mages are nigh-invulnerable and better tanks than the actual tanks, and do more damage than the DPS.

So... Mages in Dragon Age are the same as ever? Seriously, I just outright stopped playing Awakening because combat was too easy. It was boring. Turn on all of my buffs, whack some stuff, stuff falls down, I take little to no damage. Arcane Warrior is OP as shit. Combat Magic just makes it worse. And by worse I mean I could probably face down an elder dragon and walk away unscathed.
I think 2 was the exception to this since there was no arcane warrior or similar class. I went full rogue on Inquisition, and I kept a mage (Solas) around just for the barrier and revives, so I really can't tell how OP Knight-Enchanter was.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4463 on: May 26, 2015, 08:44:22 am »

Met a lovely lady selling flowers.
We became friends, her name was Rosa.
After a few years we got married, and she moved into my home.
Rosa got sick.
I cared for her for 3 years, spending most of my savings on medicine.
Left the house to perform a search and rescue operation for 5 small children lost in a blizzard
Saved them all.
Returned home and Rosa confessed she was in love with my best friend Christian.
She wanted a divorce.
I seduce my best friend Christian.
He becomes my lover.
I get eaten by a raccoon.

Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4464 on: May 26, 2015, 10:11:42 pm »

Finally, FINALLY got my Beam Lasers built.

I promptly equipped my squad with enough laser-y death to hypnotise every cat from here to Timbuktu and stomped all over the alien bastards busy ruining the local cemetery.

XCOM: Enemy Within, Long War
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4465 on: May 27, 2015, 03:59:19 am »

I obtained the second word of Whirlwind Sprint from Volskygge, then skip-rocked down the mountainside so that I wouldn't get instantly murdered by Volsung (he's level 50, I'm level 15). I somehow didn't die, even though I ragdoll'd partway down.

I'll come back to fight him... eventually... provided that he doesn't despawn and break if I leave the area without killing him.

Skyrim. Does anybody know what happens to Volsung if you leave the area without killing him?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4466 on: May 27, 2015, 05:25:06 am »

I obtained the second word of Whirlwind Sprint from Volskygge, then skip-rocked down the mountainside so that I wouldn't get instantly murdered by Volsung (he's level 50, I'm level 15). I somehow didn't die, even though I ragdoll'd partway down.

I'll come back to fight him... eventually... provided that he doesn't despawn and break if I leave the area without killing him.

Skyrim. Does anybody know what happens to Volsung if you leave the area without killing him?

Pretty sure he just chills out there. Also, i like to call that kind of skip-rocking "Bethesdabseiling".

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4467 on: May 27, 2015, 10:31:11 am »

Took down the Big Bad, using my main character's special attack. Just before that, he hit the main character's girlfriend with his most powerful attack, but she managed to survive with 12 hitpoints(out of 3300-something).

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4468 on: May 27, 2015, 11:17:05 am »

Met a lovely lady selling flowers.
We became friends, her name was Rosa.
After a few years we got married, and she moved into my home.
Rosa got sick.
I cared for her for 3 years, spending most of my savings on medicine.
Left the house to perform a search and rescue operation for 5 small children lost in a blizzard
Saved them all.
Returned home and Rosa confessed she was in love with my best friend Christian.
She wanted a divorce.
I seduce my best friend Christian.
He becomes my lover.
I get eaten by a raccoon.

This game has more depth than I thought.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4469 on: May 27, 2015, 11:27:12 am »

After a long, hard game, I've finally got my team ready for the final mission.  One of my team members in particular is a complete badass:
She's got two neural inhibitors II (+1 KO damage, 2 armor pierce).  She has steel rods in her arms and 5 strength for +2 KO, and ventricular lances for +1 armor pierce twice before they go on cooldown.  So she can take out two guards with 3 armor, for 5 turns, and then she can paralyze one of them for +2 turns.  Her accelerator chip gives +4 power from a console, which combined with her hacking is +6.  She has a cloaking rig just for safety.  Her other augment is torque injectors, which means that using any of these items reduces the cooldown on all of them.

She has anarchy so she could use the shock traps and paralyzers to the right, but I found better items so those are being given to, well, if you've played the final mission you can guess.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 711