Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1328313 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #4350 on: May 02, 2015, 03:46:41 pm »

You use it to kill the little wall spiders before you get the Gale Boomerang. You can also kill bats with it, stun deku babas, and IIRC get senpai enemies to notice you.

Twilight Princess has some pretty great parts, but they don't start until the second dungeon, and the stuff before it is just so boring.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4351 on: May 02, 2015, 05:11:24 pm »

My experience with Twilight Princess was that it really came into its own after you complete the first set of three dungeons.  Was below average for the series before then.  I think the reason is the wolf sections.  The game's like "you have no options and can't talk to most NPCs and now you need to do this one really important thing that is all you can do."

Midna is pretty great tho.  My favorite sort-of glitch involves the animation for the wolf dying to quicksand.  It only happens in one dungeon in a corner of the world IIRC.  The first time around, if wolf-link falls in quicksand he struggles to escape and then drowns while Midna watches the whole thing with disinterest.  You have no particularly good reason to go back to the quicksand dungeon but if you do
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4352 on: May 03, 2015, 12:51:02 pm »

Won a Domination match by killing a battleship in a gunnery duel with one of my destroyers. No torpedoes involved, I hit him with nothing except teeny little HE shells while dodging his fire.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4353 on: May 03, 2015, 03:49:43 pm »

I achieved a new highest damage dealt in one shot. 77,811 damage in one shot, in a game where most damage is dealt through dakka doing maybe 200 damage at most per shot. Sniper with Glass for +500% damage, fully charged perfect shot with 2000% damage, and complimentary items increasing damage dealt in one hit, including 20 crowbars (the only common "white" item I collected over the course of the 25 minutes, it was a challenge run), fully charged golden gun, full mark list, and a brilliant behemoth.

I one shot Providence, the final boss. Coincidentally, I killed myself trying to one shot the worms by firing a fully charged shot at point blank range with the behemoth. The explosion damage one-shot me through my shields.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4354 on: May 03, 2015, 08:10:03 pm »

I'm very proud of what we achieved:
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4355 on: May 03, 2015, 08:32:19 pm »

inb4 meteors (what game is it?)
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4356 on: May 03, 2015, 08:33:08 pm »

Looks like Starbound.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4357 on: May 03, 2015, 10:34:02 pm »

GG, man. :3
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4359 on: May 04, 2015, 09:05:39 am »

inb4 meteors (what game is it?)

Heh, I'm pretty sure that is possible on planets like that one (And also yes, this is starbound).

A run as Azazel turned amazing when the very first treasure room provided The Ludovico Technique. Also became Guppy for the first time and destroyed Mom's Heart in about 10 seconds.

Binding of Issac Rebirth.

Lucky you, I've only managed to have the Ludovico Technique once in 100 hours of gameplay and I didn't have Brimstone with it. My personal best was this:
Spoiler: Because huge (click to show/hide)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4360 on: May 04, 2015, 10:12:38 am »

That just looks like an empty screen.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4361 on: May 04, 2015, 10:33:40 am »

That just looks like an empty screen.

I don't know what's the problem, there should be two boats at the bottom of a lava ocean. Maybe a slow connection? I have that problem quite often.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4362 on: May 04, 2015, 10:51:19 am »

I thought the boats were just the background.  Guess I just don't know much about Starbound that I thought that was just the standard surface background showing through in a place that made no sense.  I was unaware it was special.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4363 on: May 04, 2015, 12:09:08 pm »

I thought the boats were just the background.  Guess I just don't know much about Starbound that I thought that was just the standard surface background showing through in a place that made no sense.  I was unaware it was special.

The "Owning" part of that picture is that we managed to ride wooden boats to the bottom of a magmatic ocean unharmed. I wouldn't blame you for not knowing since pretty much everything in this picture comes from a somewhat recent update. That and the fact that I gave no explanation about that picture.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4364 on: May 04, 2015, 12:58:58 pm »

Made battling Lavos (and the final battles on the Black Omen previously) a total pushover, while also having so many elixirs and megaelixirs (50 minimum, each), that I can casually use them up during battle as part of a strategy, and not worry about reserving them; and beating the game with plenty of spares still, after using them up regularly. YAY! A never-used got used casually! Fossil Apes (Found in Giant's Claw) are an awesome source of those things.

On an unrelated note, now I can't play Dyad or certain Audiosurf 2 skins without thinking of the final encounter against Lavos.

Chrono Trigger (Re-Translated SNES Patch)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 01:04:36 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 711