Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1328861 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #4065 on: March 11, 2015, 02:42:29 pm »

I saved up and bought myself a GBA aged 11 so I could get Pokemon Sapphire when it came out. (My parents wouldn't buy me a GBC or Game Boy Pocket at the time, so I did it myself by doing extra chores for nearly six months.)

Since then, I also got myself Pokemon Pearl, Platinum, Black, Black 2, X and now Alpha Sapphire. I missed out on getting HG/SS sadly, and haven't been able to find a copy outside of eBay.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: March 11, 2015, 03:34:55 pm »

You Pokémon kids make me feel old.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: March 12, 2015, 04:09:34 am »

You Pokémon kids make me feel old.

I woulda been one of the crowd with RBY if my parents got me one ;_;

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: March 12, 2015, 08:11:37 am »

Beat my dad, who's really good, at a game of Warhammer. He was running Empire, and I was running High Elves. For those who don't know: Empire has a lot of emphasis on shooting, while HE is more of a jack-of-all-trades things, save them not being so amazing at close combat. We were playing a 1500 point game. On my side, there was a Loremaster of Hoeth (More expensive than a normal mage for a lower bonus to casting and dispel attempts, but they always know the signature spells of the eight lores of magic), a large block of spearmen (Cheap, normal units that have the advantage of being capable of getting an obscene number of attacks), a block of Phoenix Guard (Hardy elite warriors), a block of Sea Guard (Archer/Warrior combo) with a Sea Helm for his Naval Discipline ability (Basically, I can swap from a formation better for shooting to one better for close combat when I'm charged).

On his side, my dad had a cannon, steam tank, halberdiers with a witch hunter and his own level 3 mage, outriders (Cavalry with powerful shooting), mounted pistoleers, and a block of knights with a warrior-priest. My Loremaster didn't actually get a massive number of spells off, seeing as my dad was desperate to prevent him from casting too much, as his Searing Doom spell was really nasty against his knights and steam tank. However, he did manage to get a spell off to take out one of his heroes. I managed to destroy his outriders in my first round of shooting. After a while, my phoenix guard end up fighting off the halberdiers, managing to force them to flee (And eventually off the table). Meanwhile, the pistoleers continue being a general pain in the ass because they're way too fast for me to reasonably catch them. Thankfully, they aren't terribly powerful. I end up miscasting with my Loremaster, taking only a wound, but thankfully catching a few halberdiers in the blast. Knights ram themselves in the side of my Phoenix Guard, but end up getting a block of spearmen in their back. Meanwhile, the steam tank hits the spears' flank too. Somehow, my spearman manage to win combat res versus the tank. It takes a while, since the knights have an insane armor save, but I do eventually mange to take them out. I never do mange to get the pistoleers, but I manged to get the tank down to five wounds remaining (Which is still a LOT, because most things die after one wound, but the tank starts play with ten of them and doesn't take wounds easily).

Counting up the totals, I managed to win by ~500 points, which is just enough to manage a minor victory.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: March 13, 2015, 02:27:04 am »

Playing 1v1 with my friend, both of us alternating between our favorite characters.  He wins almost all the games.  After losing one I switch to Dedede, whom I've played like 3 times, for the lols.  The gaming gods spontaneously gift me with knowledge of how to play him and I win.  This was followed by about 2 hours of me winning half my games against his best characters playing as a pink Dedede with the name tag "Juicey".

In his own words: "I need to rethink my life"
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Gruntdonttoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: March 13, 2015, 09:40:08 pm »

Two guys run at me wielding kitchen knives, I run to my friendly neighborhood wall and do a roundhouse kick off of it killing both knife wielders. Then a grappler runs at me and I pick up one of the kitchen knives of my previously fallen foes and chuck it at the grappler, killing him instantly.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: March 13, 2015, 10:08:42 pm »

Friend convinced me to buy a game so we can play it multiplayer on the DS.  I go through the tutorial missions to get a basic feel of how to play the game.  I pick greatsword because looks like it would do a lot of damage.

We get into a online game with eachother and he tells me that greatsword is probably one of the hardest weapons to effectively use.  I go in anyway expecting my friend to do basically all of the heavy lifting.

We have a quest to go kill a elephantmonkeybat or something like that.  Woo how hard can something like that be?  Somehow I stay alive the entire fight while my friend actually dies fighting it and in general seems to be getting wrecked by it.  And not only did I stay alive the whole fight I somehow jumped on to the monkey thing's back and stabbed it a few times.  Which my friend claimed he never managed to do.  And I got the killing blow on it while my friend was still on his way back from spawn.

I'm not sure if noob with a greatsword is just some kind of recipe for dumb luck or if I'm a natural.  I'm going to call it an own until I get wrecked by whatever the game's next boss is.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, 2DS
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: March 14, 2015, 02:23:47 pm »

You people have weird taste in Pokémon games. It's Alpha Sapphire, then Y, then Black. Then Emerald. Then HeartGold. Then Diamond. For me, at least.

The originals are immortal and cannot be judged. Same for GSC, if only for Vietnam.

I'd have grown up with DPPt or RSE if I hadn't been such a sucker for legos and my parents knew it wasn't just an animé. :(
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: March 14, 2015, 02:28:49 pm »

Diamond was my first and only pokémon game, so that's definitely my favorite.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: March 14, 2015, 07:18:18 pm »

You people have weird taste in Pokémon games. It's Alpha Sapphire, then Y, then Black. Then Emerald. Then HeartGold. Then Diamond. For me, at least.

The originals are immortal and cannot be judged. Same for GSC, if only for Vietnam.

I'd have grown up with DPPt or RSE if I hadn't been such a sucker for legos and my parents knew it wasn't just an animé. :(
Because obviously, we're weird for not complying with your opinions :P
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4075 on: March 14, 2015, 09:49:06 pm »

Everybody has weird taste in everything.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: March 14, 2015, 09:54:22 pm »

Everybody has weird taste in everything.

Pfft, clearly my taste in things is the correct one... obviously.

EDIT: I last owned by being a badass, dual poisoned sword wielding armored ninja from hell preying on those wishing to ring a bell.

Drak Sous too
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: March 15, 2015, 12:08:15 am »

In other news, I re-finished PW:AA:JFA. The last villain's breakdown is always ever so satisfying.

Beats the absolute last breakdown in the original trilogy, too. The way they react is just so boring compared to everyone else.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Attack of the Colons Justice for All

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: March 15, 2015, 01:48:28 am »

Soloed a Guild Hall High Rank Najarala and kicked it to death.  There's something satisfying about kicking a 40 meter long snake to death.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: March 15, 2015, 10:49:05 am »

For some reason, the game spawned all the other empires(all Human, supposedly random governments but it seems like it will always give them Way of the Ancients regardless of settings) in the same system, not far from mine. They all also seemed to have problems expanding. Anyway, I noticed that my victory score was 80%(threshold of 90%), and the only thing I really needed to do was the objective of making a Mutual Defense Pact with 15% of the other empires(other objectives weren't as reasonable).

As I was pondering my diplomatic strategy, one of the other Human empires calls up and offers a Mutual Defense Pact. I win.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 711