Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1328918 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #4020 on: February 25, 2015, 04:40:04 pm »

I know it's probably King of Dragon Pass, but you really should've included it.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: February 25, 2015, 07:29:22 pm »

Cleared a chapter (can't remember which, the one with the manhole outside where you get the alligator mask) in about a minute, both floors being 2 long combos. Knives are hardcore, man.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *Doom*?
« Reply #4022 on: February 25, 2015, 08:01:22 pm »

Lucrative or not, I really need to learn to stop accepting "Kill Reinforcement" missions just because the reward is unique.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: February 25, 2015, 08:05:43 pm »

Your skill at ripping and tearing guts is phenomenal.

Finally finished off a level of Super Mario 3D Land. Stupid annoying pole physics.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #4024 on: February 25, 2015, 09:47:04 pm »

I know it's probably King of Dragon Pass, but you really should've included it.

Eh, I forgot. It is a minor thing nonetheless.

Somehow Kallyr managed to survive long enough to the win to win the game, defying her destiny in a way that I didn't know you could. Whoo!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4025 on: February 26, 2015, 09:47:03 am »

In a breath of glory, the moment of cohesion where your team suddenly coalesces into a single unit wins you the game.

Oh, it was great! We were struggling to gain ground on cp_gorge, time nearly ran out, everyone was wounded near the point, fleeing. A soldier I was healing at the time called for everyone to get on the point to help me and him cap. I healed a pyro and a demoman who walked past, giving me uber - at that moment, the entire enemy team (a brass beast heavy, two scouts, a sniper, a very poor quality shpee, two soldiers, a demoman and a pyro) came through the tunnel. Notably, they were lacking a medic. Game ran out of time, but we were on point, so the game went into Overtime.

I popped uber, and cycled through the injured players healing them, trying to keep two of them ubered at once. the Quick Fix medigun probably would've been more useful there, but I was using the stock Medigun with the invulnerability Uber.
Soldier guy on voice comms got popped into the air on low health and I landed a crusader's crossbow healing bolt onto him in midair! I was so shocked. Saved his life, because he was on ~22 health after being popped airborne - the fall would've killed him. Our team cleared the enemy team out, not doin' too badly! After capping, we had a whole seven minutes to cap the last point - soldier guy got us to push, and i topped up everyone's health before we rushed into the final room. Their sentry went down to another bolt from my crossbow, and we won the game.

It was a heartstopping moment when 0:00 (OVERTIME) was on the clock and the entire enemy team appeared, that's for sure. I'm glad I had an uber ready to go, if i didn't I doubt our team would've capped that point, let alone won.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: February 28, 2015, 12:00:21 pm »

I decided to attack a school with my trusty machete. After killing a few kids by the entrance, I no longer felt remorse for it. Huzzah, I've murdered so many children that I no longer feel bad about it!

After several attempts, the Empire decide to attack invade Atzerri by simply charging forth with waves of Stormtroopers and artillery walkers. Unfortunately, that worked rather well and I lost Atzerri. Why the Empire wanted that craphole so bad is beyond me... Anyhow, I countered, destroying The Accusor(for the third time, second time over Atzerri) and Boba Fett, before rushing Bestine to prevent further attacks on Atzerri. Next was a two-pronged armor charge on Corulag, led by Obi-Wan Kenobi. Last, was an invasion of Coruscant.

On the ground, I discovered that all four remain Imperial heroes were there: Darth Vader, Tarkin, Veers, and the Emperor. First thing at the landing site was to set up two AP turrets blocking the only way in(or out) and covering it with tanks and artillery. Managed to trick Vader into walking right into that one, but I lost one of my Infiltrators in the process. I couldn't bring Obi-Wan down until Vader was gone(and I had to capture another LZ anyway). Managed to blow up the Imperial Palace, and finally located the main generators before Veers showed up. Although my Speeders couldn't get tow cables on him(his unit card says he's immune, but experience shows he's not), he went down anyway. I found Tarkin in a mining facility, that was hit with Infiltrators' thermal detonators and finally a turret. Last was the Emperor. My Infiltrators tried sniping him, but he ran. I sent my Speeders chasing him halfway across the map. His only attempt at defending himself was to try Force Corrupt, which missed entirely. The Emperor eventually died, and I won the campaign that instant.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: February 28, 2015, 01:17:59 pm »

I got the elusive reputation, then one-hit killed the merga wraith with lethal trap first turn of combat.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4028 on: February 28, 2015, 04:10:55 pm »

Clobbered tons of zombies and headcrabs with only the gravity gun through all of Ravenholm. Got the achievement for it too.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4029 on: February 28, 2015, 09:23:05 pm »

Star Wars: Empire at War
That description REALLY makes me want that o.o
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4030 on: February 28, 2015, 10:05:41 pm »

I completed a level 2 renown heart, normally intended for brand-new characters. As a result of this single action, I:
  • Completed the "Been there, done that" achievement for exploring the entire map. I thought there was still another map to finish, so this was slightly unexpected.
  • Collected my 2 Gifts of Exploration for exploring the entire map.
  • Completed the "Local Hero" achievement, for completing 500 renown hearts. I had no clue this was about to complete.
  • Got a letter telling me I "nearly got my tail kicked", but they're "sure I'll do better next time", and "I've got the makings of a great explorer".
Screw you too, Tyria Explorer's Society!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: March 01, 2015, 02:41:42 am »

Star Wars: Empire at War
That description REALLY makes me want that o.o
I could talk about this game's flaws for an hour... but its fun, and it lives up to its basic premise (which is a strategy game where rebels and imperials fight each other).

Basic summary: space combat is awesome, ground combat is seriously flawed.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: March 01, 2015, 09:45:41 am »

The Forces of Corruption expansion pack makes it a lot better.
I really like it.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Kenpokiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: March 01, 2015, 09:53:35 am »

I think me and my friend are nearing tens of thousand tekken tag 2 games online.

With various alternative names but we have a common message we send to other players when the fight has been good and the other opponent is Dutch (we have a hitlist!)

which is "DeAndereBelg" AKA The Other Belgian.

The dutch player responded with: Yeah that's not me but i've heard of him.

It's absolutely beautiful that our playstyle is so vile that other people talk about us

OWNED XD

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: March 01, 2015, 11:25:14 am »

Attacking the EDF's Badlands Outpost, command sends me reinforcements... in the form of an elderly Hispanic woman, who spent more time complimenting my hammer than she did fighting. Later on, a black woman(with blonde hair?) joins. I hit the outpost building, getting it down to 19%. As I back off to deal with some EDF, the structure gives way and the building collapses... crushing the old Spanish woman :-[.

Me and the other woman managed to blast our way out of the base, getting back to the truck I drove there. I would have driven off with her, but reinforcement troopers never get in vehicles - instead they just stand in front or behind, forcing you to run them over to get away. She survived, though, and that's more than what you can say about most guerrillas - especially old Spanish ladies.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 711