Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1329101 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #3885 on: February 01, 2015, 10:02:19 pm »

It's time like these I consider getting into TF2.

Never any other time, though.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: February 01, 2015, 10:02:56 pm »

I think I have one ticket from the holiday stuff.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: February 02, 2015, 01:04:26 am »

I've got two, from 2014 and 2013.
Mastah, do it! It can actually become profitable in the end!
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: February 02, 2015, 01:12:10 am »

I spawned as a scientist traitor and proceeded to spend the first few minutes trying to figure out how to make a proper bomb. I eventually gave up. So I decided to use the one scientific skill I DO know how to do: Chemistry. So I fill a large beaker with neurotoxin and rig up a hypospray to inject it instantly into someone, rendering them incapacitated. I also have a fake ID made for myself with the name of another scientist on it and order a mask that changes my voice to that of the person who's ID I'm wearing. I then wander around trying to find someone to assassinate stealthily. Eventually I find a lone chemist mixing stuff in the lab. I don my false ID, so I'm not incriminated if things go south, and inject him with the neurotoxin. He immediately starts swinging at me with his toolbox. I knock it out of his hands with my own improvised weapon and then bash him to death when the neurotoxin takes effect. I loot his ID and find out he's actually the Research Director. After equipping his PDA and jumpsuit, not that anyone can see them under my labcoat, I stash his body in a disposal chute and spend the rest of the round pretending to be him and trying to figure out how to make bombs. No one notices and I escape in the shuttle with everyone else. Never did figure out how to make bombs properly though.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: February 02, 2015, 01:48:59 am »

-snip-
Never did figure out how to make bombs properly though.

You are clearly qualified to be a Research Director.   Give yourself a raise and demand a comfy chair.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: February 02, 2015, 02:16:08 am »

Chemistry and Toxins never made sense to me. Didn't stop me from RDing like a boss. :D
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: February 02, 2015, 03:26:55 am »

What's better than a 1700-chain 4 color combo? A 2500-chain 6 color combo!

This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: February 02, 2015, 10:50:35 am »

1 soldier + 1 GWTB Blues grenade launcher + 50 or so molotov cocktails = something. The grenade launcher in question has a stupidly high amount of recoil, enough to send the user flying (and, if they're moving fast enough and shoot forward, kill the user instantly). Molotovs will detonate immediately upon the death of the unit carrying them, no matter how they died. Together, they let my soldier basically grenade jump around the whole map killing people, then if I see a chance to do some real damage (like a drop ship), or if something actually fights back, suicide bomb the enemy and cover a quarter of the map in fire.

Then I did that last bit in a tunnel right next to the enemy brain.

Spoiler: Game (click to show/hide)
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: February 02, 2015, 11:10:45 am »

Man, I want to play SS 13 so badly, but BYOND apparently hates me, and the game will never load. Well, it loaded once, but lag was so bad I had to wait an upwards of ten seconds for what I did to actually have any effect.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3894 on: February 02, 2015, 02:25:34 pm »

Chemistry and Toxins never made sense to me. Didn't stop me from RDing like a boss. :D
I remember one time making a bomb so powerful, it obliterated/vaporized the bombing range (nothing but the framing of the reinforced walls were left), and damaged the nearby atmosia to the point major repairs were needed. Even the admin was impressed with the lag-making explosion. I think the explosion was -/+(30,15,7) (or are the numbers backwards?) or something. It was big. It even blew out the safety windows in the bomb deployment room, and KO'd me for a moment. I got out before I ran out of air. It was a satisfying boom.

EDIT:
Fun thing to do: As chemist, team up with Virology, and make bloody smoke bombs with all kinds of illin' illnesses, and let them loose in the church. More fun if you're also a cultist doing that for a ritual.

EDIT EDIT:
I gotta play again sometime. Too busy trying to get IRL work, and enough of an income that I can waste a few days playing games nonstop.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 02:40:39 pm by Itnetlolor »

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: February 02, 2015, 02:41:14 pm »

Man, I want to play SS 13 so badly, but BYOND apparently hates me, and the game will never load. Well, it loaded once, but lag was so bad I had to wait an upwards of ten seconds for what I did to actually have any effect.

I'm UK-based, and I had this issue - however, I found that connecting via a VPN (based in the US) solved all my lag problems...moreso than would be expected from a simple ping delay.  That's assuming you were trying the usual B12 server, that is (Vactor's server).

On topic: a friend and I managed to get several bags of cash and weapons out of the heavily-guarded private security depot without being spotted once.  :D

Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: February 02, 2015, 02:50:58 pm »

Managed to squeeze in another recruit in the last 6 days. Of course this was my first playthrough so I didn't manage to get all 6, but 4 is pretty good. Also got Ravian so it's worth it. Engrish (anglponese?) speaking Canadian best character.

Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: February 02, 2015, 02:54:02 pm »

Is Harrington the one in Eos or the one in the Badlands? Unless I use the Nano Rifle, I cannot take out the one in the badlands.  Even with giant amounts of explosives, it never gets completely destroyed, and there is so little cover to prevent being annihalated by the EDF response.  The one in Eos is still hard, but considerably easier. 
My own for that game is always playing on the insane difficulty.  I wish there was one that was a bit harder, but playing on insane gives it a true guerrilla feel.  The longer you stay, the less your chances of getting out alive become.

The trick, and most satisfying way, to take down Harrington is to use the upgraded sledge on the metal beams that connect the under-structure to the indestructible support pylons.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: February 02, 2015, 03:33:27 pm »

Is it possible/fun to spectate that game without playing it?  It sounds so interesting but I don't have the time to invest in learning to play something like that.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: February 02, 2015, 03:37:00 pm »

Yeah, there's an observe button.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 711