Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1329648 times)

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #3585 on: December 07, 2014, 08:35:57 am »

Got killed by the first non-mission relevant captain I encountered - Thrak the Sneak.

It turned into a game of switcheroo with me slaying him and him slaying me for much of the first half of the game until he finally stopped returning. I was certain and relieved as a new captain took up his spot on the nemesis window. I squealed with delight, knowing that this monstrosity that had grown strong alongside me had finally died.

I make my way through the rest of the game, making a point out of killing every uruk that could turn into a new nemesis before they become trouble.

...then, the end of the game draws nearer. I sail out to confront the Tower of Sauron. At the gates of his fortress, he stood. It made no sense but there he stood.

Thrak, the Sneak. Mutilated beyond recognition, skin bleached and dried out by my mindfire, but his poisoned crossbow brandished at me, ready to fire. I knew that if I did not put him down quickly, he would end my assault on the gate.

So I drew my bow - he was skilled enough to deflect an arrow, but that was not my intent. I closed the distance with a shadow strike, struck his face and drove my blade into him again and again as he stood there, stunned. Again and again, I lashed out against him and beheaded those uruks that attempted to stop me from putting him down for good.

The bastard finally went to his knees, dared me to show mercy again. My blade swung true, separating his head from his shoulders, ending him once and for all.

For me, that was the end of the game. That was the finale. What followed was filler. As far as I had been concerned, I had just destroyed the final boss of the game and nothing that the game could throw at me then would eclipse this one moment of final, sweet, glorious revenge.

And that was Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor for me.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: December 07, 2014, 11:56:02 am »

Learned that Clerics are absolutely awesome. Attacking the boss army, the first three units that attacked it had to be pulled back to the nearest town to heal to avoid anyone getting killed. The boss unit consists of three heavy defense soldiers with two archers behind them. The next unit, led by my main character managed to go a few rounds because of the Cleric standing next to him. Still only won because the unit leader was front and center, allowing everyone to bring him down, causing an instant win.

That's also not counting the unit lead by a Cleric named Cookie, which consists of a Golem and Griffin up front with Cookie herself in back healing the tanks. She broke multiple attempts to gang up on her by herself.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: December 07, 2014, 06:52:12 pm »

Sneak attack one-shoted  a vampire with an orcish bow of frost. The own? I was a sword-and-shield heavy armor build and had no right at all to be that sneaky.

This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: December 09, 2014, 07:52:52 pm »

Defeated a raid boss, which means it is intended for 4 players, solo. The fight itself was quite boring, mostly consisting of me running around, but damn I feel good about it.

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: December 09, 2014, 11:22:04 pm »

Defeated a raid boss, which means it is intended for 4 players, solo. The fight itself was quite boring, mostly consisting of me running around, but damn I feel good about it.

Were you a gunzerker using a double penetrating unkempt harold and a grog nozzle?  :P
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: December 10, 2014, 07:18:51 am »

Were you a gunzerker using a double penetrating unkempt harold and a grog nozzle?  :P
T'was the pre-sequel. Athena with a self-healing focused build. Use shield, hit everyone so they bleed and enjoy invulnerability.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: December 10, 2014, 08:48:47 am »

Convinced an old friend from a former life that I was her pet turtle from her childhood. She apologized for flushing me down the toilet because she thought I was dead. It was very touching.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: December 10, 2014, 02:09:45 pm »

u wot m8

Beat Jewelry Store on DEATHWISH. Stealthed, too! I'm rich, dabadibadadie.

Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: December 10, 2014, 02:36:18 pm »

T'was the pre-sequel. Athena with a self-healing focused build. Use shield, hit everyone so they bleed and enjoy invulnerability.
I know it was the presequel. That's the joke. Cool that Athena's viable then, I was planning on playing her when I eventually got the game.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: December 10, 2014, 03:02:11 pm »

Killed a motherfucking HIGH DRAGON. It was really close and I have no idea how I won. My main character was down for the count, AFTER my healer had revived them with a long-cooldown spell, so I was operating at 1/2 damage, with only my [underequipped]archer, healer and tank. And the High Dragon was still at 1/3ish health. Still, through a combination of approximately a bajillion lyrium potions and a dedicated Spirit Healer to keep my tank up, we eventually wore it down enough that I thought I could kill it. And then FLAME SPIT. Twice in a row, before my party could stand up after being knocked down from the first flame spit. My healer got knocked out and my other party members were almost dead from fire DOT and wouldn't last more then a few second. And then they get healed. My healer is now alive and seems to be superpowered, at least temporarily. Eventually, I triumph and defeat one of the toughest enemies in the game.

That reminded me of the last time that I ran through DA:O.  Was fighting a High Dragon (a specific one that I won't mention for spoilers, those of you who've played know the one) who stood solely in one spot, ended up finding a sweet spot where all she did was shoot her fire ball.  She knocked out the rest of my team and I had an IV drip of potions going, ended up remembering that on higher difficulties friendly fire is a thing when she burned herself to death.

Big, fiery dragon just killed itself with fireballs.  Victory had never been sweeter.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: December 11, 2014, 06:31:41 am »

I ran out of HE shells in my destroyer so did a berserker rush into an enemy destroyer and managed to gank him with my torpedoes.

Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: December 11, 2014, 08:54:03 am »

u wot m8

That'd be the advantage of being a child of Malkav.

Beat Andrei, and it only took 3 5 10 tries! Swords until both our health was low, then some .44 rounds cleaned up nice.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: December 11, 2014, 09:09:15 am »

I put all of my cash into airblast and just airblasted rocketspamming soldiers to death
Everyone else ended up on the other side of the map.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: December 11, 2014, 09:15:26 am »

u wot m8

Beat Jewelry Store on DEATHWISH. Stealthed, too! I'm rich, dabadibadadie.

PAYDAY addiction is the best addiction.

Next step: Death wish four stores. Or mallcrasher if you're feeling hardcore, cause it can't be stealthed :D
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: December 11, 2014, 09:24:58 am »

Got nigh on frame perfect timing to beat a miniboss. Lots of trial and error involved but I managed it.

Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 711