Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1329588 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #3450 on: November 09, 2014, 01:09:44 pm »

Got every character up to their max level, which unlocks a joke character. Getting him up to max level - difficult since he apparently gets no stat growth - unlocks an alternate ending where he takes credit for killing the final boss and also has the horrible implication that the deaths of tens of thousands of innocent people were not reversed. Less of an own since I used a memory hack to level him up, but still.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: November 09, 2014, 01:27:21 pm »

Playing as Genghis Khan, and I'm about half way through the medieval era. The Ottomans are controlling large sources of iron (Which I have none of), several horses, and a very nice coast. In addition, they're very close to us, and are constantly insulting us. Train several composite bowmen, spearmen, and horsemen, led by a pair of great generals (One from adopting Honor, the other gotten the normal way). Declare war, about 15 turns later, the Ottoman Empire is completely annexed. Only lost a pair of horsemen, one unit of spearmen, and a catapult. Hell. Yes.

It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

MikaTheCrazy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't know why this is my avatar now
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: November 09, 2014, 03:11:29 pm »

Not my most recent, but deserves some mention. I had found a mongol rocket launcher (launches rockets that periodically split into more rockets) and managed to take it to the destroyer. By that piont it was rather underleveled, and I wasn't expecting too much out of it. I opened up the final boss fight by emptying a clip at the destroyer. This was also how I ended the final boss battle. Turns out a massive hitbox combined with low accuracy splitting rockets works quite well.

Okay fine, maybe I'm too lazy to find something to put here.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: November 09, 2014, 05:00:42 pm »

Not exactly my own, but I was there for it.

I was a part of an eight person trial in Final Fantasy XIV. After our first wipe, a tank threw a tantrum and left. One healer couldn't dodge to save their life. Literally. The other healer was having some terrible connection issues. Not as bad as the lag that one of the DPS' had. They ended up disconnecting.

Despite all of this, the remaining tank, the lagging healer, and the one DPS who didn't end up dying managed to finish the fight on their own.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: November 09, 2014, 10:02:03 pm »

[Assuming tabletop games totally count for this thread.]

I was the Federation of Sol. Since I started with Cybernetics[Which gives +1 to Fighters], I decided that, rather then actually build the advanced ships, I'd just fill a bunch of transports with Fighters and swarm everything to death. The person right next to me was the Inferno something or other and their main special ability was starting with what is basically a Death Star. And he was aggro. So eventually, he had a huge fleet incorporating a Dreadnought, the Death Star, a transport full of Fighters and a few anti-Fighter ships. But, having foreseen his attack, I selected the Diplomacy card and used it on him, buying me another turn to construct more Fighters and move defenders into place. The next turn, HE selected the Diplomacy card and I thought I was screwed, because I needed one mini-turn to move my Fighters into place to make it a fair fight and the played with Diplomacy went second[Out of eight] and he would have attacked me before I was fully prepared. But then I noticed that the Initiative card[Which lets me go first] was still unpicked, so I grabbed that and ended up moving two more transports full of Fighters into the battlefield system. I was pretty confident of victory, since I had a card in my hand that made all 18 of my Fighters as powerful as his Dreadnought. But he countered it and it was down to luck. Several rolls later, both fleets were dead. His fleet, made up of awesome units designed to counter mine, died to my fleet made out of cheap Fighters made out of rocks and sticks and duct tape. And I was defending, so I kept my planets. I lost the game, but that was still awesome.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: November 10, 2014, 10:19:48 am »

TI is the best board game I've never had time to finish. Need to get some friends and a full day set aside for it some time.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3456 on: November 10, 2014, 10:31:12 am »

[Assuming tabletop games totally count for this thread.]

I was the Federation of Sol. Since I started with Cybernetics[Which gives +1 to Fighters], I decided that, rather then actually build the advanced ships, I'd just fill a bunch of transports with Fighters and swarm everything to death. The person right next to me was the Inferno something or other and their main special ability was starting with what is basically a Death Star. And he was aggro. So eventually, he had a huge fleet incorporating a Dreadnought, the Death Star, a transport full of Fighters and a few anti-Fighter ships. But, having foreseen his attack, I selected the Diplomacy card and used it on him, buying me another turn to construct more Fighters and move defenders into place. The next turn, HE selected the Diplomacy card and I thought I was screwed, because I needed one mini-turn to move my Fighters into place to make it a fair fight and the played with Diplomacy went second[Out of eight] and he would have attacked me before I was fully prepared. But then I noticed that the Initiative card[Which lets me go first] was still unpicked, so I grabbed that and ended up moving two more transports full of Fighters into the battlefield system. I was pretty confident of victory, since I had a card in my hand that made all 18 of my Fighters as powerful as his Dreadnought. But he countered it and it was down to luck. Several rolls later, both fleets were dead. His fleet, made up of awesome units designed to counter mine, died to my fleet made out of cheap Fighters made out of rocks and sticks and duct tape. And I was defending, so I kept my planets. I lost the game, but that was still awesome.

You could write books about an epic clash such as that.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: November 10, 2014, 10:34:55 am »

Killed not one, not two, but three MAXes as a Light Assault. C4'd two who poked their heads through the door, then killed a third scattercannon MAX with my FA1 Barrage shotgun. Felt good to be me.

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: November 10, 2014, 12:02:51 pm »

Killed not one, not two, but three MAXes as a Light Assault. C4'd two who poked their heads through the door, then killed a third scattercannon MAX with my FA1 Barrage shotgun. Felt good to be me.

Meteor Swarm?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: November 10, 2014, 12:19:35 pm »

I'll save you from the meteors, Reudh! That sounds like Planetside 2.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: November 10, 2014, 10:49:07 pm »

I'll save you from the meteors, Reudh! That sounds like Planetside 2.

Thanks man, I knew I forgot something!

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: November 11, 2014, 05:51:10 am »

Playing on Tough difficulty as the Torians on a small map with three other random AIs. I made sure to reroll the map so that each player had access to roughly equal number of systems. Rushed out, grabbed six class 8+ planets near my territory, went on to build up basic industry and research before beelining for extreme colonization since there were a bunch of extreme planets nearby including a class 21, lest the Altarians grab them all.

Looked relatively quiet what with only Altarians (who still hasn't learned to build fleets before troop transports), Iconians and Terrans in the neighborhood. Terrans were the first ones out with military ships, so I followed suit. Researched what I needed for some basic small beam defenders and placed them in orbit around all my planets. Already I was well ahead of everyone else in military score. With the Torian abilities I quickly grew a massive tax base as I beelined two morale, one research and one military resources located in my territory. I could finance my whole military, full espionage while keeping my overall happiness in the 70s-80s and making 100 bc per turn.

Eventually the Terran started pushing more ships so I responded with finishing the laser techs as well as getting max durantium armor and upgrading all my defenders for 16000 bc (nothing I couldn't handle with my tax base), doubling my military score in one go. I also started working on medium sized ships and produced two of them before the Terrans declared war on the Iconians and the Altarians. Naturally, I was invited to join and so now it was Terran vs everyone else. Or more precisely, Terran vs me, since I was the only one with any significant military. Beforehand I had already mass produced troop transport, amassing to roughly 27 billion troops, and researched all invasion techs except for planetary defense techs.

Immediately I sent my one and only fleet of two medium sized ships against the nearest Terran fleet. We barely took a scratch. Their fleets couldn't even handle two 3 beam, 9 armor defenders on any of my planets. Knowing this war was a foregone conclusion, I focused instead on Gladstone, their class 27(!) planet which had their orbital command center. Wiped the few ships defending them and took it with three transports. My spies steal their industrial sector tech (I was still on xeno factories) and after pushing out my third medium sized ship, I captured Earth. The Terrans were no more. At this point, I had no real opposition left and called it a day.

Next up, Painful difficulty.

"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: November 11, 2014, 09:02:29 am »

Right off the bat, I saw the Persians were cheating, throwing far too many troops at me so early in the game. Decided I would be better off turtling(Byzantine walls, yo') and building a Wonder. It worked fairly well, until they were sending swarms of War Elephants. Of course, since they started using elephants, I decide to use them, specifically theirs. While their elephants were saying "I'm gonna headbutt you!" to my walls, my monks were busy saying "Wololo! Join us!" to the elephants.

The only time they even breached the wall was when the managed to get half a dozen trebuchets firing on a single point before my Pikemen(Byzantine cheap) could stop them. They promptly charged their elephants and horse archers in, wasted the advantage by bypassing the Wonder and instead attacking a nearby Bombard Tower that had never fired a shot until just then. If they had attacked the Wonder they might have won. Instead I managed to save the Tower, too.

As the timer was running down, I saw a massive herd of elephants and trebuchets headed my way, so I built up a force to meet them. It was too late anyway, as the timer ran out before they crossed half the map.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: November 11, 2014, 10:24:12 am »

Led a lightning offense on frontier alongside my best friend with minisentries and ended up with the most points of everyone. I didn't even get that many sentry kills, the shotty is just a godly weapon. The next round I was red and blu didn't get the chance to capture the first point. Basically never died, either. Next round I was red again, blu pushed to our last point, but with me as a demo we managed to hold them back.

Oh and I also met a Pyro with exactly the same miscs as me. We did t the flip taunt while a scoot tauntkilled me.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: November 11, 2014, 02:56:47 pm »

Kicked fuckin' ass on Carnival of Carnage as spy with a bit of Heavying.

Fuck yes.

HAPPY?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 08:05:33 pm by KingofstarrySkies »
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 711