Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1328453 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #3195 on: September 16, 2014, 06:55:04 am »

Got my first achievement! Granted, it's only the one for building one of every building, which is as far as I know, the easiest one. I haven't starved to death yet after 27 years, so that's something. And I managed to survive a Yellow Fever outbreak with only one death. Granted, the last outbreak had three, but my population now is nearly triple that.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: September 16, 2014, 07:36:15 am »

Took out a bull shark with only six harpoons.
Granted, they were upgraded harpoons, but I still feel it's worth mentioning.
Black lives matter.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3197 on: September 16, 2014, 07:50:31 pm »

Being an incorruptible religious champion of the village, smiting down demons with my beautiful sword (just a regular sword, no euphemisms) in Corruption of Champions under the purity challenge.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: September 16, 2014, 09:31:33 pm »

Playing a veteran, and hadn't been revealed. We had reason to believe that there was only one Mafia member left, and we were trying furiously to root them out. So, I decided to play a trick.

Gamzee [me]: I'll go ahead and claim a role. I'm an investigator, though I don't have any leads yet.

After taking a few people saying I was a moron for saying this when there's a killer about, night finally fell. I set up an alert, and waited.

Unfortunately, as it turned out, there was one more mafia member lurking about, but she was kinda newbish, and we found her quickly.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: September 16, 2014, 10:24:16 pm »

Whenever I'm vet I claim Doc day 2.  Almost always gets me a bad guy kill :D

And occasionally an investigator but who's counting?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: September 17, 2014, 04:50:39 pm »

E2 of Ultimate DOOM usually takes me a few days to complete (every level is in the Wolf3D "giant maze" style). I just now completed it in a single sitting, even getting the secret level and only dying once.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: September 17, 2014, 09:26:24 pm »

The Waaaagh! of the feral orks were nothing against the massed might of the Imperial Guardsmen. The corrupting forces of Chaos did not a scratch to the unending waves of heavy armor that turned their sorcerer into fine red mist. But the Witch herself, the leader of the Eldar xenos on this planet, was a foe that neither of the Holy Emperor's forces could defeat. For a long thirty minute battle, endless waves of Eldar and Imperial Forces clashed, slowly whittling down at the xeno scum's production centers. The battle's high point was when the xeno mechas, the scourge of the Guardsmen, forced the cowards to retreat instead of facing their deaths honorably. The commander engaged in melee combat with the alien machines, with his two guardian commissars aiding. As all hope seemed lost, a full force of six Leman Russ tanks and the Emperor's finest Baneblade charged through the enemy lines, inspiring the retreating Guardsmen to stand their ground and the aliens to retreat. Before long, the seemingly unbreachable fortress of the Eldar fell to the Holy Emperor's finest, with only several hundred casualties and thirty tanks destroyed.

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: September 17, 2014, 10:15:27 pm »

Several hundred casualties and thirty tanks? Are you sure you were playing Imperial Guard? Those totals seem awfully low...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: September 17, 2014, 10:18:38 pm »

Several hundred casualties and thirty tanks? Are you sure you were playing Imperial Guard? Those totals seem awfully low...
Must've gotten some equipment besides the standard issue flashlights and T-shirts.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: September 17, 2014, 10:29:14 pm »

To be fair, Dawn of War is pretty much a very tiny minor skirmish in the greater scale of Warhammer 40k.

And the Guard's tanks are pretty much the most valuable thing on the battlefield. The footsloggers exist only to keep up a minimum safe distance between the cosmic horrors and your artillery. Baneblade goes into melee range with terrifying regularity. Losing thirty tanks seems a bit on the high scale for Dark Crusade battles, though. Or perhaps I am just too careful to properly play the Guard.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: September 18, 2014, 12:06:01 am »

To be fair, Dawn of War is pretty much a very tiny minor skirmish in the greater scale of Warhammer 40k.

And the Guard's tanks are pretty much the most valuable thing on the battlefield. The footsloggers exist only to keep up a minimum safe distance between the cosmic horrors and your artillery. Baneblade goes into melee range with terrifying regularity. Losing thirty tanks seems a bit on the high scale for Dark Crusade battles, though. Or perhaps I am just too careful to properly play the Guard.

The Eldar threw EVERYTHING they had at me. They outnumbered me, and I was at max squad limits for both tanks and infantry, and I had extra men too from my honor guard and reinforcements.

THAT is why they got to my tanks.
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: September 18, 2014, 01:56:08 am »

So we’ve got me, Sobek, your unfriendly neighborhood alligator god, an incredibly incompetent Loki, a skilled Zeus, a decent Thor, and an Artemis who only plays arena.  Right at the start the Thor points out that no one is in right lane, so Artemis abandons the duo and leaves for the other side of the map, never to return.
So you think that would be bad right?  Nah, I didn’t die and when I finally decided to back for the first time I was level 12.  But it gets better.  The enemy team brought 3 mages, a jungler and an adc.   I was already way overleved because I stayed in lane forever and kept forcing the enemy out, and then I complemented that by buying all the most specialized magic defense gear.  So it got to the point where I would just stand in front of an enemy mage, barely even trying to dodge their attacks, and regen about as fast as they could damage me.
Sadly this couldn’t last.  Our Loki was dragging our offense down too much so we couldn’t effectively finish them off; thus as things often go we hit the level cap and the enemy got to catch up.  Around this point I died a few times, although far less than I killed.  After the end of a long series of bloody team fights and phoenix kills that don’t result in anything, our terribad Loki somehow manages to kill a phoenix right under the enemy’s nose with no help from the rest of us.  I missed what happened next but it ended up with the rest of my team dead, and the enemy titan at a sliver of health.

Sobek: Should I go?
Artemis:  Yes, go.
Zues: Good plan

So I charged alone up the left lane, where the only destroyed enemy phoenix was.  Literally charged, as in I used my charge attack as fast as its cooldown would allow me in order to get in there as fast as possible.  For some reason the enemy let a wave of creeps get in to attack their titan and that undoes all its regeneration.
They clear out the creeps and move to the edge of their base to defend it.  But I’m already upon them.  I dodge a slowing tornado, run up to their titan, use my charge attack… and finish off the enemy titan in a single, glorious blow.  The ending cutscene of it dying featured one dancing alligator surrounded by an army of dejected enemy creeps and gods.

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: September 18, 2014, 09:31:55 am »

First terror mission to Tijuana.  Judging by the fact that America was my guaranteed alien loss this game, it seems we're now serving as a reverse border patrol - keeping illegal aliens north of the border.  A pack of four Chrysallids was kind enough to bunch up in an attempt to completely surrounde my sniper on the roof.  She ran out of the way, and I proceeded to pummel them with rockets, grenades, and a little bit of small arms fire until they ceased to exist.  As for the two civilians they killed before reaching me, two Close Combat Assaults with Shotguns on either side of a door was enough to rip the zombies to pieces.  End result was three civilians dead, and 11 saved, which isn't bad for a conventional-weapon terror mission in Long War. 

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: September 18, 2014, 12:37:49 pm »

The Eldar threw EVERYTHING they had at me. They outnumbered me, and I was at max squad limits for both tanks and infantry, and I had extra men too from my honor guard and reinforcements.

THAT is why they got to my tanks.
Okay, I do admit I remember being in that kind of situation at one point during the campaign of Dawn of War: Dark Crusade. I think I simply chose to pay the price in bolter turrets instead. And I guess having had the high ground helped.

Granted, I was using the Heroes mod that allows units to gain experience as they rack up kills, so at some point I managed to roll the Eldar all over the map with a god-tier Baneblade. You know, for when you're finally sick of holding the line and all.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: September 18, 2014, 04:01:42 pm »

I just purchased soulstorm (It was cheap) And I think I am going to play through it.  I can't decide what faction to stick with though, I like swarming my enemies personally.  Orks are always fun, but I am finding necrons are pretty fun to play as well.  There is also the imperial guard, but playing as them basically amounts to holding the line until you get tanks then ROFLSTOMP everyone.

Also, those tiny squares underneath the units health bars.  WHAT DO THEY MEAN

I cannot figure it out!

Oh, and how I owned recently:  In Dawn of War: Soulstorm, I was playing necrons and had been pushed back to my base.  The Eldar were at my gates, and I could barely hold them.  Being necrons, I refused to die and eventually I built up enough force/revived my current force to destroy their army.  It was pretty close though, and a lot of fun.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 711