Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1328540 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #3180 on: September 14, 2014, 08:44:27 am »

Some lore: Firran tribesmen must prove their worth by climbing a fairly tall cliff and fighting some monsters. Not too difficult, especially considering this is still in the newbie area.

I set my sights a little higher. A little lot higher. The single highest point in the entire area, to be precise (large image). Through heavy glider and world geometry abuse, I made it to a place that I would have sworn was unreachable. Sheer cliffs in many places on the way up. Terrain that appeared solid but you could actually pass through. It took a long time, but it was worth it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That game looks pretty interesting. Though I am kind of turned off by obligatory elves and furries.
Stereotyping ahoy :v

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: September 14, 2014, 10:20:00 am »

I'm with stupid |
                      v

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: September 14, 2014, 10:24:36 am »

That mountain in the distance does look taller.
Not from a flatter angle. I'm pretty sure this spot towers over the rest of the area. There was a taller mountain off in the distance on the other side, but that's in a different (and probably higher-level) zone. I'll get there someday.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: September 14, 2014, 07:37:03 pm »

Dog fighting over Stalingrad in a Brit bi-plane. I sliced off some dudes tale since he was trying to go slower than me. I kept my wing intact too. Epic own.
Need wing blades now....

That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: September 14, 2014, 10:55:08 pm »

Dog fighting over Stalingrad in a Brit bi-plane. I sliced off some dudes tale since he was trying to go slower than me. I kept my wing intact too. Epic own.
Need wing blades now....

Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: September 14, 2014, 11:11:18 pm »

Need wing blades now....

omfg I can't breath

GLORIOUS NIPPON STEEL

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: September 15, 2014, 05:33:30 am »

Team Deathmatch.  Rhodoks vs Nords, I'm on the Brodok side.  FIVE kills before my first death!

Luck?  Probably.  Satisfying?  YES.

Mount and Blade: Warband, of course.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: September 15, 2014, 06:42:24 am »

Our party of 3rd and 4th level intrepid adventurers are trekking through the bowels of a Dwarf Fortress-inspired dungeon, and are attacked by an unholy abomination of a shadow-infused undead forgotten beast that took the form of an enormous burrowing worm. In the first round, it knocks half the party below 50%, and we mostly focus on spreading out, debuffing its attack roll for next round.

The second round, it lunges and swallows my paladin whole. On the up side, since it's dead, it's not murdering him to death with stomach acid, but that's about all the silver lining involved.

Except that it's undead, and my paladin has a symbol of Turning, which lets my paladin use Turn Undead like a cleric. His turn comes up, and he fires off a Turn Undead. Inside the undead Forgotten Beast. The DM ruled that given the location, it doesn't even get a chance to save, and the monster basically explodes as it's shoved outward in every direction by 35 feet. Through an incredibly lucky reflexes roll, my paladin lands on his feet as the head of the monster crashes down next to him, pulping the party pets and nearly killing another PC, and casually brushes bits of the monster off himself.

In a show of undead resilience, the head and 15 feet of the body lived on to fight another round or two, but I basically turned a major boss fight into a curbstomp battle. (Which was a good thing, the fight the normal way would have killed us all, More than half the party was unconscious or dying when it went down, after three rounds of combat.)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: September 15, 2014, 07:10:09 am »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3189 on: September 15, 2014, 03:55:46 pm »

Took on the whole legion of singleplayer warriors, including the prismatic 4, and beat them all. Also got the Prometheus achievement during a higher-ranking singleplayer opponent. Total time: 30:41.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 03:57:30 pm by Itnetlolor »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: September 15, 2014, 05:01:14 pm »

I HATH DEFEATED THEE, LAVOS!

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3191 on: September 15, 2014, 05:11:13 pm »

I HATH DEFEATED THEE, LAVOS!

Now then, can you collect all the alternate endings?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: September 15, 2014, 05:11:56 pm »

I think your quote-fu needs work.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: September 15, 2014, 08:01:46 pm »

Went absolutely beast with the Loch'n'Load, the Chargin' Targe and the Half-Zatoichi as Demoman on the new Cactus Canyon beta map. Spamming loch'n'load pills down a slope netted me many, many kills, including an engineer who was carrying his presumably-level-three sentry, who I never even actually saw.

At one point a side building was filled with four or five enemies, including a medic, two demos and a soldier, plus a minisentry around the corner, all of which I cleared singlehandedly, earning two dominations in the process. That half-zatoichi heal-on-kill is godly.

Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: September 16, 2014, 01:02:55 am »

Went absolutely beast with the Loch'n'Load, the Chargin' Targe and the Half-Zatoichi as Demoman on the new Cactus Canyon beta map. Spamming loch'n'load pills down a slope netted me many, many kills, including an engineer who was carrying his presumably-level-three sentry, who I never even actually saw.

At one point a side building was filled with four or five enemies, including a medic, two demos and a soldier, plus a minisentry around the corner, all of which I cleared singlehandedly, earning two dominations in the process. That half-zatoichi heal-on-kill is godly.

Oh, I love when that happens to me in TF2. Though it's mainly just me harrassing snipers with the Black Box or Air Strike.
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 711