Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1330165 times)

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #3000 on: July 29, 2014, 06:55:34 pm »

I hardly ever look at what's happening in the metagame for multiplayer things. I didn't think that some classes/specs would just be straight up useless for PvP.

Most tank specs are basically worthless in PvP, the notable exception being prot warr in low level pvp due to Shield Slam's idiotic damage scaling. It levels out in the late 80s and ends up tickling without Vengeance.
Blood dks were hilarious in PvP in Cata, especially against mele due to what their mastery does, but they've specifically addressed the problem in MoP. Protadins were also absurd in late Wrath due to scaling spellpower with Stamina, turning into nigh-unkillable PvP healers, but Blizz addressed the problem soon after.
Afflilocks are dubiously effective in PvP since they need to build up their damage and are heavily reliant on channeled abilities.
Combat rogues and and Survival hunters have dubious utility in PvP but can still kill reliabily in lower brackets.

But yeah, the only real reason to be a tank in PvP is in CTF maps... where you'll be outperformed by cat droods or cap-specced rogues due to their many movement speed abilities.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #3001 on: July 29, 2014, 07:20:27 pm »

What happened? AXE HAPPENED!
Dota 2

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: July 30, 2014, 02:32:53 am »

Pretty much any dungeon lately (until I switched off Novice difficulty, which I set it to a while earlier and forgot about):
[Dungeon Mook] appears.
Lightning Bolt.
[Slightly Tougher Dungeon Mook] appears.
Dualcasted (like, the perk, not two at once) Lightning Bolt.
[Dungeon Mook] appears.
Lightning Bolt.

TES V: Skyrim
Black lives matter.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: July 30, 2014, 09:35:19 am »

All of that (except 8 counties) is his; all in an effort to create a kingdom and raise Moral Authority so he can dump gravelkind.  Being my first pagan run, I am proud.
all in an effort to create a kingdom and raise Moral Authority so he can dump gravelkind
so he can dump gravelkind
gravelkind

It's gavelkind. Unless you meant to say that he wants to dump a bunch of rocks.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: July 30, 2014, 12:49:58 pm »

All of that (except 8 counties) is his; all in an effort to create a kingdom and raise Moral Authority so he can dump gravelkind.  Being my first pagan run, I am proud.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I imagine that's Crusader Kings 2

all in an effort to create a kingdom and raise Moral Authority so he can dump gravelkind
gravelkind

Yes. oops
And yes.  That doesn't make me like it more.  The only benefit is all the positive diplomacy (which isn't that big of a deal considering how much murder and tyranny I use as a pagan) and the increased Demesne size, which is cool.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: July 30, 2014, 03:26:50 pm »

I am severely disappointed by the lack of DRAGUNS in that Lithuania. ((Count of Daugava's dynasty name, the most awesome in the game))

Anyway,
I love you Heathen Conversion. You give me so hilariously many armies. So many in fact, we have decided to switch our currency from gold-based to heathen-based. What kind of loser would use gold in this heathen-rich economy? Everyone but Polynesia, that's who (and they do not have a sound investment strategy!)

So yeah, 3 Great Heathen Armies on the "New World" (playing a Terra map, erryone starts on one continent, I'm the only one with anything on the other) Using them to annex those silly city-states and be the only multi-continental empire.

Civ V
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: July 30, 2014, 05:54:06 pm »

gravelkind

...I've been making that mistake for over 2 years D:
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: July 31, 2014, 01:55:11 pm »

Heh, its always amusing playing with people who are terrible at risk. With just a tiny bit of good luck you can win with the first set of bonus troops.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: July 31, 2014, 03:41:16 pm »

No land wars in Asia!

Instead I favor africa or SA.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: July 31, 2014, 03:42:57 pm »

Anyway,
I love you Heathen Conversion. You give me so hilariously many armies. So many in fact, we have decided to switch our currency from gold-based to heathen-based. What kind of loser would use gold in this heathen-rich economy? Everyone but Polynesia, that's who (and they do not have a sound investment strategy!)

So yeah, 3 Great Heathen Armies on the "New World" (playing a Terra map, erryone starts on one continent, I'm the only one with anything on the other) Using them to annex those silly city-states and be the only multi-continental empire.

Civ V
... Care to explain? I don't get the "heathen as a currency" thing. Is it a mod?
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: August 01, 2014, 10:48:32 am »

Dark Templar started shooting at me witha Plasma Rifle. Kinda justified, since I kinda screwed him over and joined the other cult.

I ran behind a corner, and waited for him to turn around. When he did, I snuck out from cover and promptly beat him senseless with a Riot Prod. Turns out that, in addition to the Plasma Rifle, he had a nanosword.

That nanosword was later used to stab bots to death.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: August 04, 2014, 02:31:28 pm »

I kicked a baron of hell in the dick, stunning it, and then did a one-two-three combo with my chainsaw, slashing it once, kicking it in the dick again, and then doing a slashing shoryuken uppercut and cut it in half. So satisfying.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 02:39:35 pm by Spehss _ »
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: August 04, 2014, 02:33:40 pm »

I kicked a baron of hell in the dick, stunning it, and then did a one-two-three combo with my chainsaw, slashing it once, kicking it in the dick again, and then doing a slashing shoryuken uppercut and cut it in half. So satisfying.

o.o is that out now?  I art excited.
PKs DF Mod!

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: August 04, 2014, 02:44:35 pm »

o.o is that out now?  I art excited.

It's a mod of a mod. Specifically heavy modification of brutal doom v19, not v20 or anything. Possibly even a mod of a mod of a mod, seeing how I found there's just Sperglord Edition, then Sperglord Extreme edition.

Here's a video including a link to the download in the description of what I've been playing. It's an entire self contained zip file with gzdoom to run it and everything. Kinda weird to install and everything at first, but it includes a readme and it is hella fun once you set it up.

...I like how Doom's modding scene is getting to where it's modding mods.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: August 04, 2014, 04:12:35 pm »

Went Chaos Knight, farmed top lane and got Manta Style and started screwing people over.

Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 711