Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1330039 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #2925 on: July 18, 2014, 07:18:28 pm »

Killed full platoon of spetznaz (40 of them) with a zippo. The proceeded to murder their expensive MI 8s with stingers.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My finest moment in that game (I haven't had it for that long) was killing four Abrams with a motley collection of eight far cheaper Soviet tanks.   I set them at the base of a hill and when the Abrams crested my tanks blasted them at close range, where their armor didn't count for shit.

Then the tanks all got blown up by two cluster bombers, but they were someone else's cluster bombers and my allies weren't helping much, so I still count it as a semi-win.  Plus I eventually captured a different point and from there flanked the point the Abrams were defending and took it too.  Then my allies decided to rush the extremely defensible enemy base across an open field from the point I had captured, rather than take the two remaining enemy points that we could now attack from multiple directions.  Idiots.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: July 18, 2014, 10:33:33 pm »

I've had a few decent ones in Red Dragon recently. Completely blunting 2 players' opening heli assault in a 10v10 using only 2 AA helis, which netted me 550 points for no losses. They'd managed to disembark, but splash on the TY-90 seems to be pretty large, and shooting the transport helis hovering just above their SAS and Stinger Cs caught the infantry in the explosion, netting me kills I had no business getting.

same game, sneaking the NK SU-25K (the one with 8 500kg bombs, possibly the best bomber in redfor) around the blu air defense net and catching a battery of 4 Paladins unawares. They all died. 480 points in one bombing run.

what're your names ingame? I'm (unsurprisingly) Burnt Pies.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: July 18, 2014, 10:36:25 pm »

Enigmatic Hat.

Since the actual thread seems to be dead, I'll ask here: are all the games really defensive, or is that just with newbs?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

blazing glory

« Reply #2928 on: July 18, 2014, 10:44:23 pm »

what're your names ingame? I'm (unsurprisingly) Burnt Pies.

Well,for single player I'm either Starn,Starn Gundar,or Satner.

For multiplayer I just go with Blaze.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: July 18, 2014, 10:45:23 pm »

I find the 10v10s usually feature a good fight, though it's also frequently chaos. Destruction can turn into sitting back and watching the artillery shells go by because there's no way you can crack their defenses, and it doesn't make sense for the winning team to attack in a conquest match. Defending is easier than attacking, so in general if the player doesn't need to attack in order to win, they won't bother.

Given the state of the game right now, I rarely play anything other than 10v10s or against friends. Not a fan of the current meta.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: July 18, 2014, 11:23:54 pm »

594 kills - You have unlocked blind survival mode!

Next game:
554 kills- You have unlocked No Luca No mode!

Glad to see other folks playing this :D
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: July 18, 2014, 11:35:22 pm »

I saw your thing about getting 3000+ kills on survival.  I'm not even sure I want to do that, that would be physically painful to my fingers.  Probably.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: July 18, 2014, 11:46:32 pm »

Try using the arrow keys instead of the mouse buttons. I find that I can react and press buttons faster that way.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: July 19, 2014, 09:11:57 am »

Just got #0 on the Broforce mission with the Terrorcopter.  Presumably, that means the best time in the world, though the actual leaderboard isn't shown.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: July 19, 2014, 11:45:03 am »

Completely rolled over my rival, with him barely scratching my team. Felt pretty good, given how he acts in the game and how relatively hard the trainers before him were.

Killed full platoon of spetznaz (40 of them) with a zippo. The proceeded to murder their expensive MI 8s with stingers.

Which makes it more awesome than it probably was.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

gigaraptor487

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic now civilised
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: July 19, 2014, 05:08:19 pm »

in the game it may as well be however it looks more like this:

« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 05:10:50 pm by gigaraptor487 »
Hehe, you thought there would be an interesting sig here

I now run a program which brings old multiplayer games back to life : click

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: July 19, 2014, 05:24:10 pm »

So still a lighter then. Just a really big one. :P

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: July 19, 2014, 07:55:39 pm »

Recruited Brady with little issue. In his paralogue, he comes equipped with a staff and nothing else, and thus cannot attack. The villagers who insisted on defending him are weaponless, and thus cannot attack either.

In contrast, the enemies are mid level Snipers, Paladins, Dark Mages and Myrmidons, while the leader is a Swordmaster.

Sent Panne, My Unit and Morgan in, and they routed most of the enemy, only losing one villager in the process to a longbow shot. Morgan managed to hit 180 damage with a crit.

On the other side of the field, the newly Trickster'd Gaius, and Yarne, who has got Astra now, picked off the rest of the army.

Einherjar Marth got the final kill on the boss, and narrowly avoided death himself.

(Also, I finally got My Unit to have Counter, so i'm looking forward to pissing off Streetpass players. Counter/Lifetaker/Ignis/Astra/Zeal is what I have at the moment)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: July 19, 2014, 07:59:03 pm »

Recruited Brady with little issue. In his paralogue, he comes equipped with a staff and nothing else, and thus cannot attack. The villagers who insisted on defending him are weaponless, and thus cannot attack either.

In contrast, the enemies are mid level Snipers, Paladins, Dark Mages and Myrmidons, while the leader is a Swordmaster.

Sent Panne, My Unit and Morgan in, and they routed most of the enemy, only losing one villager in the process to a longbow shot. Morgan managed to hit 180 damage with a crit.

On the other side of the field, the newly Trickster'd Gaius, and Yarne, who has got Astra now, picked off the rest of the army.

Einherjar Marth got the final kill on the boss, and narrowly avoided death himself.

(Also, I finally got My Unit to have Counter, so i'm looking forward to pissing off Streetpass players. Counter/Lifetaker/Ignis/Astra/Zeal is what I have at the moment)
Fire Emblem for sure, but which game? Awakening?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: July 20, 2014, 07:26:41 am »

Fire Emblem for sure, but which game? Awakening?
You are correct.
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 711