Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1329984 times)

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #2895 on: July 12, 2014, 11:47:24 pm »

I found the Amulet and called it a day.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: July 13, 2014, 12:57:52 pm »

Recruited an axedwarf and a human crossbowoman and decided to assault a goblin dark pit to rescue some captives. Along the way, my axedwarf was bruised in a bandit attack, and the crossbowoman was left behind after a river crossing. I camp inside the area of the dark pit, somehow avoiding bogeymen for the night. When I wake up, both companions had caught up to me, but the axedwarf was still hurt and fell behind. Traveling through the pits with the other girl, I climb a tower with some sleeping goblins. Seeing the opportunity, I start killing them. The next tower they're awake, but none of them has any idea what's going on. A few more towers filled with dead goblins later, they finally realize what's happening, and they're scared. By the end of the slaughter(my partner got a few kills herself), I hadn't found any prisoners, but it didn't seem like the goblins were going to take any more.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: July 13, 2014, 02:28:56 pm »

Dueling people at iron keep bridge.  I've ended up changing my primary weapon to a bow, The Pharis Hunter's black bow to be exact. Fortunately since I've been dex build I don't need to respec.

I'm completely expecting to get my ass handed to me.  Surely during the pre duel pleasantries they can see my bow in my right hand and rapier in the left.  Hell I'm even wearing Pharis' a Hunter's cap.

I defeat 3 people in a row.  I have only ever beaten people at iron keep before due to flukes.  I'm not sure if they are not expecting the arrows or if they are not expecting to get stabbed with a ricard's rapier as they are rolling into melee.   How am I winning?  I sucked at PvP in Dark Souls 1.

Dark souls 2

« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 02:32:01 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Spacefaye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: July 13, 2014, 07:07:11 pm »

I was playing as a Roboticist and probably half-way to the round, I encountered a Tourist, Ella Highlands. I was just passing and she threw a spear at me, I fell down and tried to chase her, but she just hid. Next time I encountered her, she threw a spear at me again, stripped me of all my clothes, cuffed me, and took my ID. I was just left there, poor and weak, the next encounter I was still cuffed, she was pulling me around, probably looking for a safe place to kill me. I just kept screaming help and nobody even bothered to help, some Engineer helped me, but he thought I was wanted for Security. Anyways, some time later, the shuttle is called, I go to arrivals so I can make a spear and finish off Ella. We encounter each other but she keeps running, anyways, I get robusted again, but this time I have my spear. I keep looking and there I see Ella, struggling with a purple slime. This was the perfect opportunity, so I chased after her, which was easy since the slime slowed her down, and I just kept smashing my spear into her head. Words can't describe how satisfying it was to kill her.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #2899 on: July 14, 2014, 09:03:49 am »

For a minute there I thought it was some sort of tribal simulator until i saw the ID thing.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: July 14, 2014, 09:34:09 am »

To be fair, SS13 does get pretty tribal.  "This is Medbay's territory, if you don't have any business here, get out.  If you do, I still want you to leave."

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #2901 on: July 14, 2014, 01:41:33 pm »

nations rounds are fun usually it devolves into me being in rnd makeing enough weapons to stock an armory, and then stuffing it all in a bag of holding and then gun down the most asshole-nation((usually sec)) and its always a dictatorship ((where i rule))
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: July 16, 2014, 05:45:36 am »

Win condition: 1,000 guests in the park and a park rating of over 600 by the end of October, year 3.

Current stats: October 3, year 3, 2,262 guests in park, park rating 999. Making over $1k per week in net profit.

I think I have this scenario won. Wish I knew how to take a screenshot. RollerCoaster Tycoon 2.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: July 16, 2014, 06:45:32 am »

DarkSouls. No HUD Artorias battle.

Stopping a mad charge with a point blank headshot with a Dragonslayer bow (basically a giant bow used to shoot lances) w/o manual or lockon aim.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2904 on: July 16, 2014, 06:48:54 am »

Welp. You did it. You won Dark Souls.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: July 16, 2014, 06:58:31 am »

......just for context, I know Dark Souls is already flippin hard, but how much more of a challenge is this, on a scale of 1-10?
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2906 on: July 16, 2014, 07:01:04 am »

......just for context, I know Dark Souls is already flippin hard, but how much more of a challenge is this, on a scale of 1-10?
Playing with no HUD? Your weapons are visual, and if you only have one item (estus) on the bar you always know what it is. The hard part is knowing how much health and stamina you have left. Solution? Never get hit. :3

Recluse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: July 16, 2014, 08:50:43 am »

I somehow took out a frost dragon with zero restorative potions and zero cold resistance. Just an enchanted dwarven bow, a quiver of dwarven arrows and several sacrificial guards. Took zero damage while I was at it, and this is with my main form of damage dealing being greatswords.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: July 16, 2014, 03:06:49 pm »

Got a perfect on Sacrificed Sons (no deaths through the whole thing), and 3,168,266 points in total.

Beat Hazard Ultra

I'd link to the song, but my internet hates me right now.
Dream Theater - Sacrificed Sons - Octivarium

All that Fapmastering must have done wonders for your mouse-hand wrist. :P Ridiculously long song is ridiculously long. That said, I much prefer Panic Attack.

(Song picks up in earnest at about 2:30. 4:15 begins regular Dream Theater badassery.)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 03:10:57 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: July 16, 2014, 08:17:38 pm »

What is Beat Hazard, anyway? The way you guys are talking about it makes it sound like osu!, but I can't be bothered to look it up.
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 711