Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1329728 times)

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #2355 on: March 29, 2014, 09:19:33 pm »

http://www.pokemonzetaomicron.com/

One has been fan-made for PC. And doesn't appear to have had any copyright issues yet, so get it whilst it's there :P

Q: Will we be able to play online?
 A: This game features a fully functional multiplayer. Both trading and battling are supported. However, they are not fully functional and still very experimental. Do not expect them to work fully as intended.

Does not inspire confidence.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: March 30, 2014, 01:54:47 am »

One has been fan-made for PC. And doesn't appear to have had any copyright issues yet, so get it whilst it's there :P

Q: Will we be able to play online?
 A: This game features a fully functional multiplayer. Both trading and battling are supported. However, they are not fully functional and still very experimental. Do not expect them to work fully as intended.

Does not inspire confidence.
Compared to the emulated versions where multiplayer is more or less impossible? Better than nothing.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: March 30, 2014, 02:48:22 am »

Posting in the *Own* thread second, because my death was more epic than my win, but my win was still awesome.

We were playing Epic Munchkin (Up to level 20), I had played the "This one goes up to 11" card (Level 22 to win with Epic). My character was loaded out extremely awesomely, when I faced off against... an Undead Tentacle Monster with it's Brood and Mate.
Level 15+5(undead)+10(brood)...x2(mate)=60, plus the magic missile, was level 65. I couldn't get half that, darn them and their modifiers and not wanting me to win. So I died.

When I respawned, I had 2 level 2 monster cards, a level 17, and a cheat card in my hand, plus more awesome equipment. I went on to win despite my death, they managed to negate one of my Go Looking For Trouble level 2s, but I wound up tying the level 17 after all their modifiers and special abilities, and Warriors win ties. And thus, I reached level 23 and won. :D

Oh, and if you noticed, I am a girl according to that card. This is because I changed sex mid game 3 times. Lousy curses... :P

Munchkin Deluxe, Star Munchkin, Munchkin 2: Unnatural Axe, Munchkin 8: Cheat with Both Hands.  <--To avoid any meteor storms.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: March 30, 2014, 03:15:41 am »

So me and my friend finaly got our fighter built, we restart the server and turn off nametags so we can hide properly and then start hunting each other. I move from asteroid to asteroid exposing myself but i have a big ball of armor with a missile launcher and 2 gatling gun with some decent maneuvrability so i was feeling confident. I hear shooting, i quickly disengage the inertia dampener, do a 180 but during my move a missile hit my back, blowing up all my thrusters facing the back of my ship ( for my normal forward movement ), alongside my main power source wich was a large reactor.

Good thing i had numerous smaller backup gen. I start unleashing a torrent of bullet and when i felt confident enough launch 4 missile on him taking out his left wing wich had 3 gatling gun, now only one more wing with the last 3 maching gun. I see a red dot coming my way, or i think it was, good thing i took out my back of that fighter, he made me much more maneuvrable for close combat. I easily avoid his last 2 missile and i keep spraying maching gun, ricocheting off his heavy armor ( Good lord this machine guns doesnt do damage at all.... and they really dont have much capacity in terms of ammo... ).

*click*, *click* on both my side and him, we are at a stalemate, he has a big fighter compared to mine, he try to come at me raming, but sadly i dont have any back thrusters so im at a disavantage, i make a 90 degree turn to the right, exposing my left side to him, he try to ram me, i softened the blow by pushing my ship on the same vector he went at me, my left thrusters are just next to his cockpit, just a bit behind, but i still have my thruster facing front, i pusshed them to max, placing the thruster just in front of his cockpit, smashed the landing gear locking mecanism, and i fired up my left side thruster, blew up his cockpit and killed him.

Best fight EVER all space game mixed.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: March 30, 2014, 10:47:06 am »

Good to know that Nintendo doesn't immediately nuke fangames.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: March 30, 2014, 01:34:41 pm »

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Hah.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: March 30, 2014, 01:37:23 pm »

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Hah.
VDex Project has been around for a few years now, and even takes donations. No nuking yet.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: March 30, 2014, 02:32:40 pm »

Hah.
VDex Project has been around for a few years now, and even takes donations. No nuking yet.

I feel like it's just because they haven't been noticed yet. Nintendo is known for being overly litigious.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: March 30, 2014, 04:01:05 pm »

I've survived in a duel against my dad in Civ 5. Despite not being over, the fact that I've managed to bring it to a stalemate from the terrible shape i was in is amazing.

When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: March 31, 2014, 11:26:34 am »

I've managed to unite all of Ireland, except for Ulster, which was stolen by Scotland. I look at the numbers: Ireland can muster 6000 men, and Scotland can muster about 8000. I declare war, and rush my men to Ulster. The Scottish army shows up, crosses the strait, and is decimated. I inflict 6000 casualties, while only losing 1000 men. A few months later, I've captured Ulster and destroyed 2000 men that the Scottish tried to land in Tyrone.

A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: March 31, 2014, 12:20:46 pm »

How much different from CK1 is CK2?

I managed to bring most of Europe under my heel as the Irish in that game, even got the title of emperor for a bit, then everybody decided they didn't like the Irish and started rebelling. Then my computer broke :(
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: March 31, 2014, 02:04:32 pm »

Spoiler: LAZORFISH (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: April 01, 2014, 03:39:17 am »

I've managed to unite all of Ireland, except for Ulster, which was stolen by Scotland. I look at the numbers: Ireland can muster 6000 men, and Scotland can muster about 8000. I declare war, and rush my men to Ulster. The Scottish army shows up, crosses the strait, and is decimated. I inflict 6000 casualties, while only losing 1000 men. A few months later, I've captured Ulster and destroyed 2000 men that the Scottish tried to land in Tyrone.

Ulster almost always ends up swiped by Scotland, if you're starting as Duke Brian of Munster.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: April 01, 2014, 02:03:23 pm »

Took out 5 airships by myself, two of them battleships, before two of them ganged up on me. Luckily I landed on tower far from the deadly ground. The two ships that brought me down, one came in low a little too close and I able to kill the pilot with a gunpowder satchel. The other came too close from on high, and I was able to board. The woman piloting quickly received my saber to the chest. I was able to take down one more ship before the match was over.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: April 02, 2014, 11:13:05 am »

FINALLY won that crazy battle.
Took me maybe six session, 1200+ personnal kills, 150+ deaths and untold amount of RAEG, but I did it.
Fighting for well over three hours over that one capture point makes it all the more gratifying in the end.
All the fighting took place over a tiny fraction of the map, which I ended up knowing like the back of my hand.
I estimate that well over 10.000 men died for that little plaza. Now THIS is war.

EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 711