Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1329314 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #2190 on: February 13, 2014, 08:00:53 am »

When I play this game on multiplayer, I use a self-made fighting style, sort of a fusion between boxing, judo, and ballet. I usually start off with a leaning grab, meant to hit the stomach, but the guy  jumped into the air my fist passing just to the left (my left) of his right leg.

Thankfully, tomatoes are gifted strategists.

I followed through with a forceful upward backhand, completely severing his right leg. But he seemed braced to catch himself with his remaining limbs, so I disqualified him by stylishly spinning around and slamming the leg on the ground.

"Holy shit tomato is pissed" one person said on the chat.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: February 13, 2014, 08:59:51 pm »

Haha, I love how severed limbs still count as part of the body like that.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: February 13, 2014, 11:19:28 pm »

Defeated my first horde of zombies in Cataclysm:DDA by a combination of kiting, a forests worth of arrows, and a lot of fire. Feels good.

Cataclysm:DDA
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: February 15, 2014, 11:54:45 am »

Had a mission to pick up some drugs for a rock band. I get to the dealer, who tries to rip me off. I chase him on my motorcycle when he eventually crashes his. I kill him with my MP5, and try to drive off, only to find the dealer shot out the tires on my bike. So I steal his, he won't need it anymore.

As I do this, I get a call that the rock band also wants a girl for the evening. I drive halfway across the city to pick up Mercedes, and now I only have a minute and a half to get back. I take it a bit slow, since I'm driving a motorcycle. Unfortunately, this is too slow, and I have about ten seconds left by the time I get to the gun store down the street from the recording studio. I floor it, knowing I probably won't succeed. The clock is ticking down.

0:05...

0:04...

0:03...

0:02...
OHSHIT! A car pulls out right in front of us. No time to turn.
0:01 left.
We crash right into it and go flying.
Less than one second left, we both land right in the marker.

Mission Complete.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: February 16, 2014, 01:29:59 am »

I managed to destroy all of the custom AI bosses in the EXTRA-OPS with S ranks.

Peace Walker was an utter pain in the arse though, despite toting 2 missile launchers and a machine gun (a proper one) it still took me almost 23 minutes, more than 2000 rounds of ammo for the machine gun (I think it was the rank 3 M60(SB)) and at least 20 missiles each from the launchers (a rank 4 Carl Gustav and rank 4 RPG-7) and many, many deaths from unfairness.

Also managed to get all of Paz's diaries, though I still have a long way to go to get S ranks for all the EXTRA-OPS missions.

In saying that, managed to get one of the harder armoured vehicles with just a 5 fulton recovery mines and 13 fulton balloons to get 28 guys, with no bandana and copious use of smoke grenades. When the captain popped the hatch, managed to get him down to one more shot of tranquilisers to beat him, though I had critical health and no rations. Managed to work it to pop out from behind a box and put him to sleep before he killed me, which was oh so satisfying. The fact that almost all 29 of the guys ended up in my combat squad was also nice.

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2195 on: February 16, 2014, 12:26:06 pm »

That feeling once you get that last S-rank is oh so satisfying..

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: February 19, 2014, 11:33:03 pm »

That feeling once you get that last S-rank is oh so satisfying..

I'd guess Robocraft?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: February 19, 2014, 11:55:07 pm »

No, robocraft doesn't have achievements or ranks yet. Just tiers, which are how complex your bot is. Probably in reply to the guy above him.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: February 19, 2014, 11:58:54 pm »

When I play this game on multiplayer, I use a self-made fighting style, sort of a fusion between boxing, judo, and ballet. I usually start off with a leaning grab, meant to hit the stomach, but the guy  jumped into the air my fist passing just to the left (my left) of his right leg.

Thankfully, tomatoes are gifted strategists.

I followed through with a forceful upward backhand, completely severing his right leg. But he seemed braced to catch himself with his remaining limbs, so I disqualified him by stylishly spinning around and slamming the leg on the ground.

"Holy shit tomato is pissed" one person said on the chat.
I loved that game. Many a time have I won solely by causing disqualifications with severed limbs. Usually my first move consisted of a very swift spin to the right, with a punch outward, it had enough force behind it to usually tear off the other guy's arm.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: February 20, 2014, 11:15:22 am »

In Judo I usually open with a twisting grab with the right hand, trying to push them beneath me before they even get started. If that doesn't work, it's pretty much pankration as both of us try to wrestle the other to the ground.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: February 20, 2014, 05:11:04 pm »

My White Witch stepped on a polymorph trap and turned into a giant bat.  I then triggered a group of 4 powerful enemy spiders with poison attacks... that couldn't reach me because I was flying.  I rained death down on them with lightning, and proceeded to gain levels as a giant bat (!), which provided me with extra mana for even more lightning.  Didn't gain me any resources in the long term, but it was badass.  And if I ever gain polymorph control, well, now I know what to turn into.

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: February 20, 2014, 10:58:41 pm »

Beat it, with less than 25 deaths on the last level.

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #2202 on: February 21, 2014, 08:51:30 am »

Having run out of primary Shotgun ammo, killed 5 pilots and a bunch of normal infantry in little skirmishes. Switch to automatic pistol. Manage to hide Inside the warehouse boxes, shooting grunts and spectres until my Mech decides, "You did a good job, call me sometime baby." See enemy pilot call down his titan. Instantly call mine down on his. Watch the horror of him getting in his titan. Feeling all safe inside his metal mech. Suddenly space crushed. My mech gets up off of his mess. Feel The hate and rage. No words, just the screams of rage from the distance of somewhere on the earth. Proceed to kill mechs and step on the little people in life on my little high horse. Dodging away from some other enemy mech. Watch as this guy I crushed from before's mech almost crushed me. This guy just tried to pull some crap on me. Hide behind building. Low on health. Wait for him. Punch him into corner. Too low on mech health, he shoots me point blank. Eject. Nuclear explosion, destroying him and his titan. No escape. Rodeo other mech, doom it. Get off. We still lose the battle. Gotta get to the escape helicopter. Titan tells me its time again. Have it defend helicopter. Only one to make it out alive.

The rest of the time, I was really, really bad or mainly just support.

I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: February 21, 2014, 11:23:51 pm »

We totally owned our entire opposition in group play for the War of Nations tourney, going 9-0 ftw! Next up is stage 2 of group play tomorrow, but we've already earned 300 gold for winning stage 1, so I'm happy as a clam right now

This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: February 22, 2014, 12:00:08 pm »

Took off for a bombing run on an oil plant. The secondary target was larger, but more heavily defended, so that's why this one was the primary. Tertiary target was the Bessemer Steel Plant.

Flying in was easy. The route marked went through a minimum of flak. The navigator only got slightly lost and off course. I jumped into the top turret to enjoy the ride.

The enemy fighters came in from low. I think one of them crashed into one of the bombers. All I saw was the poor plane breaking up behind us. The shot up our right wing, causing smoke to pour from engine 3. Even so, they were getting torn up. While were finishing up the first group, a second group came in. They got torn up too. Even better, their presence seemed to reduce the flak coming at us.

We get to the target, drop our bombs. All but two of the oil tanks in the place, not counting the ones outside the bombing area - the place was too wide for the whole place the get hit, so I aimed for the main buildings - were all that was left, and I'm not sure how those two tanks survived(they shound't have).

The minute the bomb bays were closed, a third fighter group hit us. They got torn up. Then we pulled out through relatively light flak.

One of our bombers broke off from the formation. One of my bomber's crew said something that made me think they were going down. Certainly, it was falling, it's engines failing. I watched all the way until it was a tiny black speck, waiting for the inevitable. I didn't see any 'chutes, either, and that was worrisome. However, there was no crash. Instead, it looked like that speck managed to pull away just in time.

Debriefing listed only one bomber lost(the one from the first fighter skirmish), of which only one crewman was dead, the other nine captured(the only POWs I've seen from a downed bomber this campaign), meaning the other bomber actually made it back. Our formation shot down seven of their fighters, three by my bomber, all three by the top turret gunner(me). I got a Bronze Star for that.

The only one I knew for sure I got was one that exploded as he pulled up into a stall, so easy a target even I couldn't miss. Following the blast, I saw the pilot's parachute, which makes me think he pulled up like that intentionally to bail out, something I read in Citizen Soldiers(by Stephen Ambrose, a book I definitely recommend) about a pilot shot down by American infantry doing the same thing to bail... only to by shot to pieces as he tried to use his service pistol on the Americans who shot him down.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 711