Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1329087 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #2025 on: December 30, 2013, 10:52:03 pm »

I finally finished the Divide, and wandered back into the Mojave. Oh good god, these poor fucks are so screwed. My weakest side arm instant kills NCR troopers at 100 meters. My 'weak' Marksmen Carbine is a god like sniper rifle of DEATH. The Anti-Material Rifle with AP rounds that I've been using like it was the only gun I had because it was the only gun that kills shit in the Divide that isn't a Fat man? The AMR is a Death Star. BOOM. BOOM. BOOM. Four guys died. How? I dunno, but fuck em.

I walked into a town full of NCR troopers that were laying some lead down on me with their service rifles, my Blade of the West casually slung across my shoulder. I waited a moment. Six or so NCR troopers dropped a clip or two into me EACH and my health barely moved. Then I took out my sword and took them apart, one by one.

I walked into a big room full of Powder Gangers with Maria, the named 9mm pistol. Single headshots each. Death everywhere.

I come up a rise, and a team of elite NCR Rangers, the Deathsquad that hunts you down when you've pissed off the NCR, they come walking up and give me their spiel. I pick a fight with them and utterly DESTROY THEM. These guys can kill WELL DESIGNED level 30 characters with EASE. I fucking stomped them into the dirt like they were a bunch of half-wit chump motherfuckers out on their first hunting trip. This is absolutely amazing. The Divide was fun, don't get me wrong. But in the Mojave proper? Against the vast majority of enemies, I am GOD. I am that which goes bump in the night. I am the reaper of souls, the bringer of pain and the ender of life.

I. Am. The. Courier.

Fallout New Vegas
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: December 31, 2013, 03:32:37 pm »

The Khergits are sieging the one city I own.
Swadia has 180 units defending, they have 700ish attacking.
End of the battle, Swadia has 70 units down, Khergit is down almost 400.
They all ran away.
At this point I'm considering leaving Swadia, though. Literally every town is looted so I can't get any troops, and we're literally at war with every surviving nation. (Everyone but the Rhodoks. They died.)

EDIT: For some reason, when I look at my post here, something about it just feels off. As though it is of some sort of lower quality than my other ones.\

DOUBLE EDIT: Mount and Blade: Warband (Thanks Sirus)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 03:56:54 pm by Facekillz058 »
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: December 31, 2013, 03:49:28 pm »

Might have something to do with the fact that your post is summoning meteors as we speak...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #2028 on: December 31, 2013, 04:03:32 pm »

Well from what I can tell its the format, but otherwise it doesnt seem very off.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: December 31, 2013, 07:43:15 pm »

I made a pretty heft haul off of this free dungeon.
1 beam Katana (Endgame weapon. 243 attack points when most weapons have like 50)
2 Remotes
Various "top tier" weapons (for my shop level)
Armor
100, 000 Hell. Chump change in the grand scheme of things but enough to give my main fighters armor and weapons to the few who didn't find new ones in the dungeon.

I decided to spend half of the money outfitting a Lenneth who was my Valkyrie Apprentice, but is currently a reincarnated Ronin. She's been using starting gear for a while, but still manages to keep up with the boys.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: December 31, 2013, 07:47:27 pm »

I made a pretty heft haul off of this free dungeon.
1 beam Katana (Endgame weapon. 243 attack points when most weapons have like 50)
2 Remotes
Various "top tier" weapons (for my shop level)
Armor
100, 000 Hell. Chump change in the grand scheme of things but enough to give my main fighters armor and weapons to the few who didn't find new ones in the dungeon.

I decided to spend half of the money outfitting a Lenneth who was my Valkyrie Apprentice, but is currently a reincarnated Ronin. She's been using starting gear for a while, but still manages to keep up with the boys.
Game?

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: December 31, 2013, 09:05:18 pm »

Makai Kingdom
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: December 31, 2013, 09:55:23 pm »

Right here, I found a nice vantage point and started to unload upon the enemy tanks.Took about two dozen popshots at a few tanks far off. Missed most of the time, hit em twice.  Took two out tanks and crippled a third in the flat area below me which was finished off by teammate beside me. Had a missed shot land next to me so I relocated about two buildings to the left. Popped out and finished off three more wounded, nearly dead tanks.

At this point I'm one of the last three tanks on my team and I've burnt through most of my ammunition.  I popped out of my cover and expended the last of my ammunition taking out a sixth and final tank.  At which point, I was hammered into oblivion by the shells of pretty much every tank on their team.

Posting this here because hey, I died but I took six of them fuckers with me. Not to mention I had pretty much their entire teamed pinned in that little area. Screenshot below in the spoiler! :P On the bright side, for a defeat, I got nearly 1k experience.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: December 31, 2013, 11:21:30 pm »

I'm playing as the Space Marines several turns  in.  On the very first area I took next to my stronghold I took the time to heavily fortify it.  I built up my main base so that I had three defensive locations that my marines could hold, a secondary base that had all available facilities and two defensive positions, and a tertiary base by each relic that had a machine cult and chapel, plus bolter turrets.  Every Strategic point was heavily fortified, with most having two bolter turrets.  Each of my bases also had several plasma generators. 
The Tau attacked.  It was over in less then five minutes.  My outpost immediately opened fire, destroying many of their units and delaying their base construction.  I immediately pumped out six or seven marine squads, two predator tanks, and several dreadnaughts.   By the time I got them over to their base I had terminators, who I used to deep strike behind their fire warriors.  The only casualties were two outpost and a bolter turret.     
I did the same for the other area connected to my stronghold, along with the spaceport, so I'm very confident in my ability to withstand just about any attack. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: January 01, 2014, 01:42:12 pm »

So a fairly substantial Tarka fleet attacked one of my worlds. 21 battlecruisers of various kinds, none of which I had seen before. On my side was a dreadnought-class CnC ship and a small collection of cruisers of my own, nearly half of which were non-combat types. Plus some destroyer-class defense stations, but if it came down to those the colony was doomed anyway.

It was brutal, but oh-so awesome. Its a good thing that I spent so much time preparing to fight the Zuul, because if anything the Tarka were even more reliant on missiles. Even my point-defense-heavy fleet had a difficult time stopping them all as the Tarka fleet closed in for a slugging match, and my barrage units could barely slow the alien cruisers down. Soon enough, space became filled with energy blasts of various kinds as I struggled to identify the greatest threats and concentrate fire on them. The Tarka ships were more maneuverable, but I kept my fleet formation as best I could and before long the rather tough battlecruisers began to explode. It took an entire half of the battle time limit, but the Tarka ships perished.

Then the second wave closed in. Thankfully the battle ended soon afterward, because these ones had deflectors which rendered missiles virtually useless. Thank goodness I focus so heavily on energy weapons.

All in all, 13 Tarka cruisers went down in flames. My only loss was cruiser on the front line, though considering the Tarka's deflectors and the fact that the cruiser in question was equipped with an antimatter projector, I think I will be missing that ship when round two rolls around.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: January 01, 2014, 02:39:01 pm »

Aww yiss.

You get one shot. If you miss, you hit your party member.

Organ Trail: Director's Cut

Context: Tiruin got abducted by a bandit. Meanwhile, Skyrunner went to pee and got bitten by a zombie.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: January 01, 2014, 06:42:31 pm »

I am invading in Upper Sen's Fortress, as I like to do. I spawn near the boss door, and habitually check the condition of the firebomb thrower and the crossbow hollow. Any sign of life from either would clue me in to the position of my target, but they remain still.
What does clue me in is the telltale sign of damage from the stone dropping giant. This is a tricky situation, for I do no always make the jump to the tower, much less the jump to the giant's area.  Still, my options are limited. A moment is taken to cast Replenishment before I make the plunge.
I make the landing, and the battle commences.
He wields a uchigatana, a very common weapon. Bleed would have been an issue, but I happen to be clad in pieces of Black Iron, so it's not an issue to me. He also has a Dark Wood Grain Ring, resulting in him flipping harmlessly through my attacks. This game of cat and mouse continues for a moment, him slashing at my shield and I waving my axe harmlessly through his flips. Eventually I manage to strike him once, a strike that liberates him from a good portion of his health. I've invaded quite a bit, so I know what comes next. He attempts to retreat to consume Estus, but I interrupt this maneuver by lobbing a Lloyd's talisman at him, barely catching him in the effect. The future of this battle is obvious-unless he can manage a backstab before I can strike again, he's surely doomed. He must not have thought it was possible, for he leaped down the hole.
I was given only a moment to process this move, to think that if I let him do this then he would surely disappear into the fortress, before I followed suit. I threw out a plunging attack in a slim hope that he had hesitated on the ground. My reward for this precaution was the delightful sound of a successful attack, and the sight of my target, still mid fall, falling to the ground.
Target Destroyed. Returning to your world with newfound Humanity.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 06:44:22 pm by Lukewarm »

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #2037 on: January 01, 2014, 07:23:46 pm »

It was A simple pission really, check why this fishing town in new zealend went dark, and if necessary exterminate any Aliens.

about 20 mentiutes later were sprinting into the ship, shooting chrysallid after chryssalid, and then A swarm of them come out of the whale Hive, we promptly sprint away, but the Mec trooper got surrounded, and one of the support troopers blast him one straight in the face, allowing the mec trooper to keep running,It ran A little bit more before they caught up to it again, and by then everyone else was on the Evac point and ready, THe sniper snipes one of them, but another takes its place, trapping it again, The mec troopers fires once more into the horde surronding it, killing it instantly, before it is eviscerated, however because of her sacrifice, the remaining squad ran away with there lives, and countless civilians were saved from the onslaught form the crysilads when the Airstrike pinpointed the beacon and blew the town straght to hell. And when the recoverty team came in, we recovered the broken mech, she did not surive, and the mech was a barely repairable, requiring alot of meld, which we do not have at the moment

She killed 16 total, 8 in that mission.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: January 01, 2014, 08:03:22 pm »

Maginot Defense Mission. 1 Sniper, No legs, on roof. Proceed to destroy 20 drop ships with engine shots, killing at least 50 dummies.

Cortex Command
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: January 01, 2014, 09:57:06 pm »

I was feeling extreme today, so I'm like:
Let's take out the Pink Rathian with these Matched Slicers (The weakest dual blades in the game)
Took about 40 minutes and 10 Whetstones, as well as all my Antidote and Mega Pots, but she went down.

EDIT: Need to stop summoning meteor storms, I do.
Monster Hunter 3 U
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 10:11:48 pm by Facekillz058 »
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 711