Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1328463 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #1845 on: October 29, 2013, 10:22:57 am »

Recently started playing a Demoknight in TF2. Once I picked it up, it became really fun. Run around one-shotting heavies. Then they all switch to engineer/scout, and I gotta pick something else. I hate scouts.

It's enormous fun as a Persian Persuader demoknight, but you're totally vulnerable if you face engis, scouts or competent pyros. I enjoy going Democaber, because there's nothing more fun than one shotting an entire crowd of their team with a crit Ullapool Caber strike, then using the jump force from that to climb onto the battlements of 2fort and take out the oblivious snipers.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: October 29, 2013, 01:46:47 pm »

Recently started playing a Demoknight in TF2. Once I picked it up, it became really fun. Run around one-shotting heavies. Then they all switch to engineer/scout, and I gotta pick something else. I hate scouts.

It's enormous fun as a Persian Persuader demoknight, but you're totally vulnerable if you face engis, scouts or competent pyros. I enjoy going Democaber, because there's nothing more fun than one shotting an entire crowd of their team with a crit Ullapool Caber strike, then using the jump force from that to climb onto the battlements of 2fort and take out the oblivious snipers.
I don't have the persuader or the caber, yet, so I've been playing with the Eyelander. Unless I'm having really bad pyro problems, I use the Splendid Screen over the Chargin' Targe. With 2 heads, the SS's shield bash + follow-up crit is enough to kill a heavy, and at 5 heads, the shield bash alone is enough to kill almost anything else. Which is awesome.

Grenade Launcher is for scrubs.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: October 29, 2013, 02:10:42 pm »

Demoknight is fun but like half the classes in the game can hard counter you.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: October 29, 2013, 08:56:15 pm »

Started a game with the Ottomans. In twenty years of nearly constant warfare I've taken Albania, all Byzantine territory, vassalized Athens, took most of my cores in Anatolia except Dulkadir and the one own by Aq Qoyunlu, stole Kaffa from Genoa in a long and uneventful war and then fight against the Mameluks for Dulkadir and Alep.

After that I decided to fabricate claims on Serbia and took two provinces and vassalize it. It was too much for Venice who created a coalition against me. The coalition was joined by Poland-Lithuania, Aragon-Naples and some minors countries. Soon the coalition attacked me and my alies (Algiers and Crimea) and eventually Castile and Portugal even joined the war with the coalition

Our forces were 45k Inf. 18k Cav. vs their 105k Inf. 45k Cav

My better troops and tech and the fact that the enemies didn't came at the same time helped me win the war and annex Corfu and Naxos.

After that I attacked the Mameluks and took all of Aq Qoyunlu and the northern part of the Levant.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: October 30, 2013, 08:54:57 am »

We were alerted to a crazed, minigun-wielding, sometimes-invisible demon-man running around a dilapidated house. We managed to get inside the house and seal one of the doors, but one or two of the more bravestupid among us went outside, attacked the darkness, and were promptly reduced to their component gibs.

We sealed the remaining door and hid in the stairwell. That didn't help for long - the crazy demon-man-thing burst one of the sealed doors, murdered half of my team, and disappeared. It reappeared later, killed everyone but me, and disappeared again, summoning several zombie hicks. Said hicks were handily dispatched with headshots.

Then... it appeared behind me and murdered my face. Yes, it murdered my face through the back of my skull.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: October 30, 2013, 01:58:25 pm »

Final battles with Jon Irenicus. I HAVE FINALLY PROVEN MY THEOREM.

LINEAR PALADINS > QUADRATIC MAGES

In all seriousness, at one point, Irenicus killed Minsc. Without missing a beat, my Paladin whipped out a Rod of Resurrection, resurrected Minsc, and Minsc picked up and put on all his stuff but his armor. Minsc was fighting Irenicus SANS ARMOR. LIKE A FUCKING BOSS. And then we went to hell and fought Irenicus in Slayer Mode with two Glabrezu and two Balor backing him up. Jaheira wiped the floor with one Balor, my character curbstomped the two Glabrezu, and the two mages stabbed the other Balor to death somehow. Slayer-Irenicus reappeared and my main character went one on one with him in hand to hand and KICKED THE SHIT OUT OF HIM. It helps my Paladin has 85% magic resistance.

Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: October 31, 2013, 04:13:17 am »

Just set up my ship for the orbit of Kerbin and while in mid flight, over 20,000m the planet i just saw something...

I HAVE NO PARACHUTE

So just see this i do some quick thinking and see guess i might have enough fuel to land back so i can get the science to get my upgrade and improve this ship but with the problem of NEVER DOING THIS BEFORE AND NOT SEE ANYONE DO IT so after 5 minutes of keeping the ship just below 100km/h, I am 600m off the ground and i go full blast and hope my ship dose not crash...
Just landed it with large amount for my ship blown up but my pod is safe
...WOOOOOOO

« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 06:17:52 am by Evilsx »

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: October 31, 2013, 05:54:49 am »

Parachutes wouldn't have helped you land on the Mun anyhow.
Unless you were talking about landing back on Kerbin.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: October 31, 2013, 06:18:58 am »

Parachutes wouldn't have helped you land on the Mun anyhow.
Unless you were talking about landing back on Kerbin.
Yea, I meant kerbin... Derp

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: October 31, 2013, 07:30:48 am »

So, you managed to do a powered touchdown crossed with lithobraking.
Powered touchdowns on Kerbin are actually pretty easy. The atmosphere means that you slow down to a rather low terminal velocity. Compared to landing on, say, Moho, where you have to constantly all of your velocity with thrust.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: November 04, 2013, 02:53:07 pm »

Checked my github stats, I've made over 1,000 commits to Cataclysm-DDA.

Metagaming ownage.
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: November 04, 2013, 06:33:10 pm »

I beat Baldur's Gate 2: Throne of Bhaal.

This finally completes my eight year long quest to beat all the Baldur's Gate games.

My main character's final stats:

Level 40 Human Paladin, Lawful Good
Strength: 22
Dexterity 18
Constitution: 18
Intelligence: 10
Wisdom: 20
Charisma: 23

(Most of those are due in part to magical items.)

His items included:
Helm of Balduran
Cloak of Balduran
Boots of the West
Golden Girdle
Ring of Fire Resistance
Shurrupak's Plate
Ring of Free Action (This thing was fucking glitch or something, because when I put it on, it gives me Free Action... And permanent Improved Haste, and an extra 50 hitpoints.)
Gauntlets of Extraordinary Specialization
Amulet of the Seldarine
Carosmyr +6 Holy Avenger Greatsword
Composite Longbow +3
-40 +3 Arrows
-40 +3 Arrows
-40 Arrows of Biting 

Total Resistances:
80 Fire
20 Acid
95 Magic
Immunity to Normal Weapons

He had an armor class of -9 and his THAC0 was ridiculous. His role call of foes defeated includes, but is not limited to:
Sarevok
Semaj
Tazok (Twice)
Angelo
Demonknight of Durlag's Tower
The Tanar'ri of Durlag's Tower
Doppelgangers. LOTS of Doppelgangers
Firkraag the Ancient Red Dragon
An Ancient Shadow Dragon with an unpronounceable name
An Ancient Black Dragon
Jon Irenicus
Bodhi
A coven of Green Dragons, and Abizagal the Blue Dragon Bhaalspawn
The Five (Including Abizagal)
A Fallen Solar
Innumerable Demons, Imps, Mephits, Golems, Bandits, Brigands, Buccaneers, Cutt-throats, thieves, murderers, assassins, wyverns, spiders, evil wizards, evil druids, evil clerics, shades, wraiths, warlocks, Gnolls, hobgoblins, goblins, Orcs, Ogres, half Ogres, Ogrillons, and a vast assortment of other, unmentioned monsters.
Half the Drow City of Ust Natha (Pretty much)
And many, many more.

That's all.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: November 04, 2013, 09:38:47 pm »

Not me.

These two.

Seriously, watch any of the videos in which they play a multiplayer game that offers more than coop. They're massive trolls. They're also massively better at every game than I am.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: November 04, 2013, 09:48:30 pm »

Not me.

These two.

Seriously, watch any of the videos in which they play a multiplayer game that offers more than coop. They're massive trolls. They're also massively better at every game than I am.
That was hilarious. Also, SPOON FLIP!

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: November 06, 2013, 11:31:19 pm »

It's rather frequent, but I feel like a real leader when I sit amongst my motley band of rough and ready musketeers, shouting orders to hold position and form a double line then proceeding to be the solid centre of an otherwise chaotic battle, holding back the hordes of enemies that try to overrun us.

Also stalking the battlements of an enemy keep, pistol and broadsword in hand and Witchhunter hat on head, clearing out towers on my own.

Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 711