Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1331892 times)

A Spoony Bard

• Bay Watcher
  • [MANNERISM:lute]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #1500 on: July 09, 2013, 07:28:09 am »

-snip- My character looked like a freak of nature by the end,-snip-

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Chances are that if your character DOESN'T look like a freak, something has gone terribly wrong.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: July 09, 2013, 12:21:17 pm »

I got to the second to last floor, on my first playthrough, largely unspoiled.  Not bad for a rougelikelike.

I found a Deck of Cards really early on, which I clung to the entire game despite other options, as well as a "Magneto".  Given that those two things were constantly handing me items the entire game, I assume I was pretty lucky.  I permanently traded one of my life (which is an awesome mechanic) for a new projectile called "spectral tears", that also made my face look like I was dead.  My character looked like a freak of nature by the end, as I had a still beating heart hanging out of my chest.

The last room before the boss, I met three zombies that revived from meat chunks when I killed them.  I'd met something like that before but these were so fast I could barely keep up with them, and they kept sliding after I downed them.  I ran from the fight using the "Stairway" card, but there was no other way to advance.  I permakilled one and then died myself.

I'm assuming the new character is Mary? She's awful. For funsies, collect at least 50 cents in a single playthrough. The character you unlock is FUN.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: July 09, 2013, 12:38:00 pm »

I got to the second to last floor, on my first playthrough, largely unspoiled.  Not bad for a rougelikelike.

I found a Deck of Cards really early on, which I clung to the entire game despite other options, as well as a "Magneto".  Given that those two things were constantly handing me items the entire game, I assume I was pretty lucky.  I permanently traded one of my life (which is an awesome mechanic) for a new projectile called "spectral tears", that also made my face look like I was dead.  My character looked like a freak of nature by the end, as I had a still beating heart hanging out of my chest.

The last room before the boss, I met three zombies that revived from meat chunks when I killed them.  I'd met something like that before but these were so fast I could barely keep up with them, and they kept sliding after I downed them.  I ran from the fight using the "Stairway" card, but there was no other way to advance.  I permakilled one and then died myself.

I'm assuming the new character is Mary? She's awful. For funsies, collect at least 50 cents in a single playthrough. The character you unlock is FUN.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: July 09, 2013, 01:14:24 pm »

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: July 09, 2013, 03:04:20 pm »

Standard terror missio- Cue 6 chryssalids, 3 heavy floaters, and some zombies marching into sight. Luckily for me they decided to attack in three waves of two chryssalids, 1 floater, and 2 zombies. Which doesn't work well for them. After the last wave, we push into the library and find a Sectopod just there in the lobby. First reaction is to get everyone into cover and fire at it. Everyone excepts for my Hover SHIV misses, and it gets it down to half-health.

Then it's the Sectopod's turn to fire, it takes down half of my whole team to half-health with it's first shot and destroys their cover. The second shot goes for the SHIV which misses. Because they're standing there in the open with barely 4 health remaining, I had them get the heck out of dodge starting with the assault. Then I put the SHIV into overwatch (I didn't want the Sectopod to move without getting harmed), and a Support Colonel who had full health into hunker down. The Sectopod brought the Colonel down to 3 health, and misses the SHIV again.

Since my assault was too far away to trigger the Sectopod's overwatch, I had the SHIV charge at the Sectopod. It dodges the overwatch and stops a measly 3 tiles away, and fired. The shot was a crit, and the Sectopod went up in an explosion.

Hilariously enough, the SHIV missed every other shot on the other aliens and nailed every one on the Sectopod. This was a great first mission to test it.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: July 10, 2013, 04:24:07 pm »

I was Margaret Thatcher. I set Osama Bin-Laden on fire with a flare gun, and he danced around for a good 10 seconds before I killed him. That's all there really is to say on the matter.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: July 11, 2013, 12:37:21 am »

Lord Dredmor, terror of the 15th floor of his own dungeon, has been slain. Turns out he's not that much of a threat when you pin him in a Damping Field of Angst, summon a Friendly Wyrmling next to him so he's got someone to attack (and doesn't leave the damping field), and then stack Tactical Pyres and Recursive Curses on his head. Though it still took forever - I'd love to find an element he doesn't heavily resist. Apparently ancient liches have a surprisingly high resistance to Existential damage, and are happy to 2/3-hit kill my pets.  ::)

EDIT: Also, got a Lord Dredmor Steam trading card immediately after my victory. I'm sure it's a coincidence, but still...  :D

« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 12:45:56 am by Thexor »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: July 12, 2013, 11:29:13 am »

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: July 12, 2013, 11:38:05 am »

Still have not gotten Unlimited Drill Works, and I've been trying  :-\
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: July 12, 2013, 11:45:40 am »

Still have not gotten Unlimited Drill Works, and I've been trying  :-\
No offense, but the only thing I can say to that is "WAHAHA~! §^_^§"
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: July 12, 2013, 11:58:54 am »

I decapitated a khajiit assassin of the dark brotherhood...with a steel warhammer. +1 Orc Points

Ah, the fun of perks.

Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: July 12, 2013, 12:21:13 pm »

Heavy Command cruiser mission.  I kill TWO Strigon team members with the rocket launcher.  On accident.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: July 12, 2013, 04:11:06 pm »

After over 50 hours of gameplay, an accidental mistype taught me the wonders of Earth Armour. Even better, Earth Armour with a Fire immunity aura at the same time. Between that, a heavy machine gun, and my love of Napalm calldowns, I cleared the entire Vietnam mission solo (with all optional objectives, too!). Not easy, given that you can be killed by a single slip-up, and there's no ability to revive when playing this level on your own!

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #1513 on: July 12, 2013, 04:34:00 pm »

My tnak rolled, in fired once, litterly somehow managed to cause A chain reaction with the gas shop nearby and killed all but one sectoid on the whole dman map, I saved all but the one civie that was in the gas station. Causing me to have that final cash boost to buy more cool stuff.

Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: July 13, 2013, 04:47:57 am »

I somehow managed to send a limb-obsessed serial killer to his death at the local blood bank via the powers of persuasion. I didn't even know I could do that.

Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 711