Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1331829 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #1440 on: May 22, 2013, 06:27:15 pm »

Used the Force to throw a cultist into a wall. He hit the wall feet-first, and looked like he was about to jump off. Then he sorta... fell. Like he tripped or something. And then he was dead.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: May 23, 2013, 11:40:15 am »

Play FEAR Extraction Point. I'm on the final level, a rooftop area with DOZENS of enemies, some in the powered armor and such. I come out the door, nail one guy in the head with the Heavy Penetrator (A single headshot instakills with it) and shoot his buddy down. I've only got three clips for it, so I circle around a big obstacle thing, and run forward. One Replica is running to my left, on a catwalk about level with the platform I'm on. He passes just behind some pipes as I come out, so I slow mo, and drop down behind the pipes, using them to screen myself, then fire into his back. Another Replica comes out on the catwalk, and one pops up in a window at the end of the catwalk, so I gun them both down, and two more drop down to my level on the right of me. I spray them with heavy nails, and realize I have 12 rounds left, so I turn, shoot another Replica in the head, and AS HE IS FALLING, I SNATCH HIS GUN OUT OF HIS HANDS, turn, and gun down another Replica.

A door blows open, and I switch to my minigun, step around the corner and blow two Replicas and their Heavy Armor away in a half a second. Then, I dash up the stairs, melee another Replica to death, and turn the corner to find... A heavy armor Replica with a minigun. We both unload the miniguns into one another, but I win the little battle, and rush through the hall to where the chopper is waiting... Game over!

Note, this was one life, on my first try ever, and I beat the last level of the game in about 20 seconds or so.

FEAR.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: May 23, 2013, 09:07:28 pm »

Spawned at my teams base to pick up a tank. Noticed someone from the other team trying to steal some of them. A quick tank/anti-tank battle ensued. I died once, but since it was at our home base, there was no wait to respawn. A quick RPG got him before he could get away.

Following this, I loaded a tank onboard a transport boat to bring up to the next control point(on this map, the home bases are seperated from the objectives by water, and tanks only spawn at the home bases). Along the way, someone else on the other team lands a helicoper on my boat. I quickly jump in the tank to keep him from using it. Instead, he takes over the boat controls. I hop out of the tank and cut him down with a machete before he knew what hit him.

Finally reaching the objective, which is under siege by my teammates, and I charge in. The other team quickly responds by throwing flashbangs at me, but I can still see well enough to nail a few people as my teammates rush in. In short order, I personally killed nearly every single defender with the tank cannon. We take the point, and soon enough the next one falls.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: May 23, 2013, 10:36:09 pm »

I was happily minding my own business - my relatively small army had conquered a small city, but otherwise my warmongering hadn't started up in force yet. And suddenly, I notice an embarked fleet of Songhai soldiers, marching straight towards my capital (and intimidating my protected city-states, the jerks). Almost as if on cue, a worldwide report pops up, listing the people possessing the 'most pointy sticks' as, you guessed it, the Songhai. And they brought siege weapons too. It wasn't long before I was greeted by this message.

The catch? I was second on the 'most pointy sticks' list. And the Songhai were so focused on my capital, they walked right past my main army. And, between my recent conquest and roughly a millennium of slaughtering the endless barbarian hordes of the Sahara, my slightly smaller army had a whole bunch of promotions and a Great General supporting them. And my border was, coincidentally, on a river, with a fortified Spearman (advanced tech in those days!) and two brand-new Composite Bowmen defending the other side.

The outcome? The Songhai army were caught in a pincer, their archers and catapults devastated from behind while their melee forces were torn apart by my cities and archers. I didn't lose a single unit, not even my courageous front-line Spearman, and eliminated roughly 12 Songhai units in the process. Best of all, I had just gained the tech for the Roman's unique siege engine, the Ballista, and with the Songhai army dead, there was nothing standing in my path as I struck back and conquered their entire empire. Totally justified, of course!

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: May 24, 2013, 07:45:12 pm »

I was fleeing for my life as a halfling chaos knight. Armed with a cursed -2-2 dwarven shortsword I stupidly wielded, I had a hard time killing anything more dangerous than me. After a series of blunders I was being chased by a jelly, some orcs, and an orc priest. On dungeon level 3. Did I mention I had very little health left? I had ten health, and I had just been chased into a dead end. I was as good as dead.

Then Xom spontaneously turns me into a dragon. Yeah.

Needless to say, I burninated  the orcs, the priest, and the jelly, and managed to bite a wandering hobgoblin in half before finally turning back into a halfling.

Praise Xom the Random Number God!
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: May 25, 2013, 07:07:28 am »

Found out that a double-bladed lightsaber is a pretty dangerous thing. So did several cultists, but they found out the hard way. Especially when I'm fueled by the dark side.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: May 25, 2013, 02:57:51 pm »

It's just past dusk.  I'm loaded up with weapons- an upgraded flamethrower, a silenced sniper rifle for the dirty long range work, and an assualt rifle for the heavy fighting.  I get in a hang glider and head towards my target.  As I begin to land, the music starts to play.  I quickly take out the guards, no one spots me.  I then look at my map and wonder well the hell my objective just went.  Then I remember- I'm supposed to burn EVERTHING down.   SO I then proceed to burn the drug fields down, burning everyone that stands in my way.  I do this until dawn, when finally I reach the fishing village.  I put each building on fire, and eventually reach the dock.  The boats pulling away.  I don't even look at the RPG (Or maybe I did) as I fire a burst of flame at the coke in the back of the boat, and it's blown sky high.  Video games need more levels like this.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: May 26, 2013, 12:42:44 am »

BBEG ((Not the Big Bad)) stuns me from darkness as his first move, and says, "Kneel." (I'm about the hardest hitting player in the party, to be quite honest. Paladin 6/Hellreaver 2 Half Celestial Werebear (Yeah, LA, I know, but fourth tier classes get 1 free LA for each level.)) I shake off the following bone-crushing damage, and stand.

His next turn, he does 91 direct damage to me with a single spell. "Kneel." I have 152 hp in bear form, so he puts me down to 1/3 health pretty much. I ask the party on my turn, "Heal or charge?" Unanimously, they declare charging to be the best option. I say, "I'll let the dice decide! 1 is charge, 2 is heal." I roll, and get a 2. Crap. HEALING IS FOR COWARDS AND ASRAEN THE UNDYING IS NOT A COWARD.

"No. YOU kneel." Charge the BBEG, DM lets me have a full attack. I do 109 direct damage to him, with Smite Evil and Righteous Strike. BBEG is gibbed.

DnD 3.5
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: May 27, 2013, 06:50:15 pm »

I have two-

I'm in deep at an outpost.  I forgot to bring my silenced sniper rifle, so I had to go in to get my hands dirty.  I disable the alarm without a problem.  I have killed the snipers on overwatch, and I'm stalking a pirate with my 1887 out, in case I'm spotted.  I'm getting ready to go in for the kill, a simple take-down, knife throw, and then drag into the bushes, when I hear him "It's so hot here! Someone just shoot me!" At this point, I don't care that I will break my cover and lose out on a 1000 extra EXP, along with bringing the rest of the outpost on me.  I must oblige his request. The outpost hearing my shot, I proceed to rip the outpost a new one without taking a single hit.

A good bit later.  I got my 7zw or whatever that 50 cal sniper rifle you get on the second island is.  I get into position above an outpost.  It's in a valley, and I'm way up on a nearby hill.  I take aim at a sniper at the rear of the compound.  I shoot, he's still alive.  I think that maybe do to the extreme range I need to account for bullet drop.  I still miss.  I think I may need to account for wind.  Still miss.  I move up about 50 feet, aim at the head again, and hit.  Perfect kill, nice and silent, and his body fell where no one would see it.  I then take out another guard, but the rest are too close together for any more clean kills.  I start thinking about how I'll approach this.  They'll see my coming, so I can't just charge at them, at least one would get to the alarm.  I can't just snipe them all, as I'm at the very, very edge of the rifles range, and it take about 20 seconds to set up a clean kill on a still or barely moving target.  So I take the third option, remembering an experience from a radio tower a few minutes prior- I find the two alarms, and manage to cleanly disable both without missing either shot.  I reload my rifle, and then take out my Spas-12.  I'm at a ledge, so I back up a few yards.  I then sprint foward, and jump.  I hit the left stick, deploying my wing suit.  I glide straight for the outpost.  I then activate my parachute at the last moment, landing in front of two guards.  I quickly gun both down, and kill the rest of the outpost in less than half a minute, killing the last one as he cried sabotage, the alarm non-functional. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: May 28, 2013, 07:25:06 pm »

One one side: 20 Zuul destroyers armed with mass drivers. On the other side:My full Tarkas cruiser squadron consisting of 3 Cobras(War-sectioned cruisers armed with war quoits, chakkars, and fusion-warhead missiles), 2 Diamondback PD boats, and my Boa CNC ship(all of them having a similar weapon's mix, barring mostly PD lasers on the Diamondbacks).

Well, as you can imagine, it was no contest >:D. I annihilated the entire task force without taking hardly a scrath(my repair boats didn't need to really do anything!)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: May 31, 2013, 08:30:55 am »

What's that Smough? Oh you DON'T like getting lightning spears thrown at you. Well maybe you should have thought of that before you let me poke down Ornstein.

Woo!

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: May 31, 2013, 03:20:14 pm »

Successfully got the best endings on two routes, my first time, with bare minimum prior knowledge, without save scumming. Awww yiss. Now for the other three...

Spoiler: Game (click to show/hide)
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: May 31, 2013, 03:22:46 pm »

One one side: 20 Zuul destroyers armed with mass drivers. On the other side:My full Tarkas cruiser squadron consisting of 3 Cobras(War-sectioned cruisers armed with war quoits, chakkars, and fusion-warhead missiles), 2 Diamondback PD boats, and my Boa CNC ship(all of them having a similar weapon's mix, barring mostly PD lasers on the Diamondbacks).

Well, as you can imagine, it was no contest >:D. I annihilated the entire task force without taking hardly a scrath(my repair boats didn't need to really do anything!)
Game?

I assume Sots

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: June 01, 2013, 10:36:14 am »

In my Hurricane Mk1. Pelileu. Raining. Night. Stealth ammo loaded up as the rain patters on my wings, and flak bursts the air as all sorts of aircraft fall beneath my mighty machine guns. End of the game. 8 kills.

I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: June 01, 2013, 01:25:16 pm »

Hijacked the emergency shuttle by escaping alone. I set all of escape on fire, stole all the guns and space them, brute-force hacked the AI, and blew the borg, all this after I kidnapped the Head of Personnel and used her ID to make myself have All Access.

Quartermaster = God.

SS13
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 711