Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1330722 times)

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #1020 on: December 22, 2012, 11:30:31 pm »

Led a glorious, drunken-induced charge through the western side of Indar, cutting a path through Vanu territory and crippling their entire western flank as the NC whittles at them from the east.

It all ended with a few NC liberators though, when we got too close to their borders. Cut our tank company to shreds, all 20-30 tanks/sundies.

Was fun while it lasted, got me at least 10 cred for about 2 hours.

Game? (Before you get metor'd to death, that is) I guess you only get metor'd to death in How did you last die.

Planetside 2.

Forgot to mention.
I need to put something interesting here.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: December 23, 2012, 12:36:00 am »

Got through sen's fortress start to finish without making any mistakes.*  This is the first run of this character too, all the really dangerous stuff was still alive.   And not only that I did it with a phantom, who also did not make any mistakes and also did not die.  AND NOT ONLY THAT we did it again, this time as me being the phantom, because we're trying to progress through the game as a team, which means we need to go through each zone twice, once with each of us as the host.

Sen's fortress is (one of) the hardest zones, I can't get through sens fortress with my endgame character without making some horrible mistake that results in a death.  That I did it twice in a row, in a zone where a buddy mostly just gets in the way or gets you killed that strikes me as an own.

* I did die once at the beginning when an invader showed up to do some unsolicited pvp.  But you can't really prevent an invader if you plan on grouping with a friend, and these guys make it their personal mission to troll people by being amazingly overgeared for the zone so they have next to no chance of losing.  I didn't fight him on any traps either, so my death can hardly be attibuted to the zone.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: December 23, 2012, 07:42:49 am »

I just suplexed... a train.

Oh how have I not played thee before Final Fantasy 6.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: December 23, 2012, 01:43:05 pm »

Playing the free, older version of Age of Chivalry.

Playing as Mason Crusader on the map where a bombcart needs to be pushed to a castle gate, being best on team, something I'm now getting for some reason, probably because I'm bothering to block now.
I'm doing my usual with throwing knives. Miss two of them, hit with one.

Now, there was this guy named Letum. He was playing a Javelineer. He would often kill me before I got to him, me being too lazy to switch to sheild. When he ran out of javelins, things sucked for him. Low ping kept him from being able to hit me in melee range. Those were the times when I killed him.

So I was standing near the gate while the Agatha Knights were trying to get close to the bombcart. I throw a knife at a distance that I almost always miss at, and it headshots Letum before he can throw one javelin.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: December 24, 2012, 10:30:44 am »

I went gunslinger engie on a 32 player turbine server.
I went from about 75 points to 350, putting me only below an awesome heavy guy on the other team.
My tactic is: Place a nest in one of the healthpack "houses". Dispenser and teleporter, sentry on one of the containers.
Constantly replace sentry as it is destroyed, NEVER place sentry on the floor, people will just walk up to it and murderize it.
My nest got destroyed a few times, but i always rebuilt it, and constantly running around prevented me from getting backstabbed, so i always managed to kill the sappers, even tough i was in the other side of mid. If my stuff was destroyed , i just rebuilt my nest.
After about... i have no idea, must have been 2 hours, we finally got pushed back in our base (We just needed  one more capture to win).

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: December 26, 2012, 12:19:21 pm »

I was in a bad spot. Most of my team had died to Cyberdiscs, in fact, mostly ONE Cyberdisc on a Alien Battleship who ROFLstomped both of the Heavys watching the Doorway, the medic that was with them, and Miley Cyrus, a hilariously badass medic named for her... unique... hairstyle, which looked alot like Miley Cyrus' weird mohawk-thing. (One guy got hit face-first with the giant death laser, and no-one had armor. HE SURVIVED, at least, he would have if Miley had been able to stabalize him. Dammit.)

Anyways, I had upgraded both armor and weapons, but nations were either dropped out or preparing to drop out, and I had to pul off this Terror Mission OR ELSE. So I sent in my best squad... A team of Rookies led by a minor officer Support named Sierra Fae and nicknamed "Spirit". The previous two Sierras didn't last long enough to get a nickname, leading me and my friend (who was playing with me until shortly before the Battleship) to think the name was cursed.

Then I had someone round a corner and I shat my pants.

Please allow me to explain.

Code: [Select]
#|###OO#C###F####
#|##CO##F#####O##
#|###OF####C#####
#|###OO#F########
#|-#-------------
####X#######X####
########X########
Where
C=Chryssalid
F=Floater
O=Cover
#=the floor
X=My soldiers, almost all Squaddies.

That's three Chrysallids, Four floaters, and the Civilians were all on the other side. One chryssalid ran off and began nomming the civies while my squaddies desprately fought for their lives.

But this is the owning thread. I can't quite remeber how, but a few minutes later I was looking at the victory screen.

Final enemy Deathcount: 10 (the guys in the room plus some random floaters I found earlier)
Final XCOM casualties: 0

I'd say I deserve that Excellent rating, and the scientists who invented the Laser Rifle should get a goddamn medal. I didn't even get any injuries!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

revo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: December 27, 2012, 03:24:45 pm »

MORE XCOM OWNAGE :D

well i just got the game so first time for me but anyways...

I'm playing with a squad of 5: a Lt. heavy, srg sniper and 3 rookies.

I'm in a narrow street with a lot of vehicle half cover advancing slowly waiting for enemy contact and putting all my guys on over watch. 2 thin men pop out and 1 gets gunned down by overwatch, the other retreats. I advance my heavy and a rookie to chase him cause i HATE thin men. what 2 i run into? 2 sectoids 2 floaters and that last thin man. 1 turn later and all thats left is a sectoid. the RNG gods love me. only person to die was the rookie named after me lol!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: December 27, 2012, 06:44:24 pm »

MORE XCOM OWNAGE :D

well i just got the game so first time for me but anyways...

I'm playing with a squad of 5: a Lt. heavy, srg sniper and 3 rookies.

I'm in a narrow street with a lot of vehicle half cover advancing slowly waiting for enemy contact and putting all my guys on over watch. 2 thin men pop out and 1 gets gunned down by overwatch, the other retreats. I advance my heavy and a rookie to chase him cause i HATE thin men. what 2 i run into? 2 sectoids 2 floaters and that last thin man. 1 turn later and all thats left is a sectoid. the RNG gods love me. only person to die was the rookie named after me lol!
If the most annoying enemy you've met so far is a thin man, you're in for a bad time.

Elite Mutons. Elite Mutons everywhere.

Berserkers can be pretty hellish too if they get a few turns, but due to the way they work it's pretty easy to drag them around the map and end them before they get a full turn.

Sectopods are too rare but GODDAMN they are walking piles of Badass like Chuck Norris only has wet dreams about.

Chrysallids are relatively easy to burst but as they only show up in terror missions and are fast as shit you'll have to worry about the zombies, or even a swarm of chrysallids. Not to mention they can one-shot your guys a lot like Berserkers, only then the come back to life.

And Cyberdiscs. One does not realize how much damage a grenade can do until they meet a Cyberdisc.

I wish that there was a chance to shoot down a UFO with like, fifty Sectoids inside so you could use the corpses for the stuff you need. I'm running out...
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: December 27, 2012, 07:41:12 pm »

I won Vidiot Game.
I didn't even know it was possible. And then; I did it again. Once by receiving a load of cheeseburgers, and the other time by finding a briefcase in the desert, containing a million bitcoins.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: December 28, 2012, 01:18:20 pm »

Zigzagoon, actually Linoone, it evolved along with Wingull after beating Team Magma's leader at the volcano, is now my second favorite member of the team. Still not the most favorite, though. Even bringing me heaps of valuables still isn't enough to unseat Kirlia as my favorite.

Also managed to beat the Lavaridge gym mostly with just Pelipper, although it went down(along with several others on my team) to Flannery's Torkoal. But then Kirlia melted Torkoal's brain and I won.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: December 28, 2012, 08:58:18 pm »

Kirlia: Will melt your brain. I had thought it would win a contenst for cuteness, but then I tried it and got stomped.
Obviously you need to put it in a contest for something else. Without changing anything. It will go perfectly, you'll see!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: December 28, 2012, 09:06:36 pm »

My Date clan had a history with the Hojo clan, and not a nice one.  I originally entered war with them defending an ally I didn't even really like, but I became worried about the size of the Hojo lands so I attacked and took two of their provinces.  My fears turned out to be justified as they responded with a full stack of units.  I pulled back my soldiers and gathered them together, forming the strongest army my clan ever fielded... and still short of the Hojo's army.  The battle was a total, mutual massacre.  In the end two heavily depleted units of Hojo Samurai were all that remained, earning them a nominal victory.  But both sides lost their best generals and their greatest armies.

That was four years ago.  Now the Hojo have been pushed back, and their lands split between me and my new Imagawa allies.  Their last territory is a small coastal town defended by another large army including the Daimyo and his heir.  But the Date have a new trick: a ninja, scouting ahead of our main force.  This ninja assassinates the Hojo heir.  The next turn their army marches north.  I could probably beat them but I have other enemies and I don't want to lose any troops, so I order the ninja to sabotage the army and then I move past it.  They can only watch helplessly while I conquer their last province.  With his clan defeated and his heir dead, the Hojo Daimyo commits seppuku and his army disbands, leaving me free to go on to further conquests.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: December 28, 2012, 09:38:50 pm »

Elevator banks. About ten elevators, in a L shape. One elevator opens, to reveal a single Replica. Yeah, I blast his ass to kingdom come. I am wise to the tricks of the Replicas though, so I dash to the end of the banks, and hide behind the corner.
Ding. The light of the elevator spills through the opening door, right next to my hiding spot.
"Recon." Their officer barks.
Hehehe, you poor, stupid bastards. I wait a moment, then turn the corner, activating slow-mo. Two Replicas right next to me, both facing the wrong direction. I melee them, killing them both with a single swing. I open fire, pumping two shotgun shells into the tightly grouped pair of Replicas past them, killing them both.
Ding.
Oh shit.
The elevator directly in front of me swings open, to reveal a Heavy Armor Replica, and three friends. They react fast, but I am far faster. I toss my last two proximity grenades randomly in the room, and dash behind cover as I gun down one Replica. I switch to the HV-Penetrator, and spring around the corner as one mine explodes. One head shot finishes the final basic Replica, then I pump the rest of the clip into the Heavy Armor Replica's abdomen, chest, and head. He doesn't go down, so I pop back around the corner.
Boom. Hehehe, proximity mines are great.

Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #1033 on: December 29, 2012, 02:21:24 am »

Its totally ok, because it is holiday. I am not a drunk. But i broke a shot glass and spilled some jeager while playing counterstrike and i may have stepped on some glass. I was intoxicated enough that dudes actually won against me. Darkcast, you an aspergers talking dood, but you beat me regularly after i played the jeager shot per win game for 12 rounds, mad props. Its t he only way i give yall noobs a real chance to shine. Its a shame you other dudes get pissed off and quit when yall realize you are at best my equal after a dozen or two intoxicating drinks.

I am awesome at counterstrike, nuff said.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: December 29, 2012, 03:04:36 am »

Finished the main storyline of Skyrim. Have all Legendary Dragon heavy armor, all enchanted with health regen (except the helmet, which is waterbreathing,) with Heavy Armor skill maxed out. Have a Dragonbone Greatsword, Two Handed skill maxed out. Two shot dragons as soon as they hit the ground. Most enemies can't do damage to me.

Muahaha.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 711