Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1330489 times)

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #810 on: November 03, 2012, 06:12:41 pm »

...someone other than me has heard of Republic Commando.

Too bad it doesn't work on my computer for some reason :(

I liked that game.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

revo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: November 03, 2012, 06:27:23 pm »

Staying home and playing Aurora instead of going to Homecoming.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: November 03, 2012, 07:03:35 pm »

Staying home and playing Aurora instead of going to Homecoming.

I left the homecoming game at my school at halftime and played Terraria... this was a month ago, mind you.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: November 04, 2012, 12:42:36 am »

Hid in a porta-potty with the dual berettas after my entire team got killed and I grabbed the C4. Hilarity ensued. Killed the entire enemy team. Including the guy hiding in the porta-potty next to me. LIKE A BOSS. Seriously, me and the other potty guy ended up in a knife-fight during which I remembered I had a grenade, so I retreated, went back to exchanging fire as he hid back in his porta-potty, then tossed a grenade into the stall and shut the door before he could react. There needs to be an achievement for this.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: November 04, 2012, 07:36:21 am »

Hid in a porta-potty with the dual berettas after my entire team got killed and I grabbed the C4. Hilarity ensued. Killed the entire enemy team. Including the guy hiding in the porta-potty next to me. LIKE A BOSS. Seriously, me and the other potty guy ended up in a knife-fight during which I remembered I had a grenade, so I retreated, went back to exchanging fire as he hid back in his porta-potty, then tossed a grenade into the stall and shut the door before he could react. There needs to be an achievement for this.
Agreed. There really should be an achievement for that.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: November 04, 2012, 08:28:31 am »

OH SHI - Blow up your opponent while he's using the port - a - potty.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: November 04, 2012, 08:30:23 am »

For the first time in the war, my rating of military power was higher than the Confederacy. I sent my main fleet around Thyferra, Fondor, and Agrebado-rae(I butchered that one, I think), brutally ripping apart and Seperatist ships in orbit, destroying their engines when they tried to flee, and the following the ones who did flee. Several of them held a position over Corellia(after trashing the level 5 station I had there. Bastards), and I went over and wrecked them too.

Then I returned to Agrebado-rae, and took out a renewed fleet that had somehow got there. Then I checked the comparison of military power, and they had somehow jumped well above ours, while their supply of credits has only ever gone up. How is it we can win nearly every battle and still be losing the war?!

Bear in mind this is going solely by what you've posted... but this mod seems horribly disbalanced.  Like, moreso than Forces of Corruption.  Still, its badass that they added Delta Squad in, not the least because it proves that someone other than me has heard of Republic Commando.
Computers often cheat on higher difficulty levels, and on some maps the player starts with a huge disadvantage.

Anyway, any change I can get a link to the mod. Can't find it for some reason.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: November 04, 2012, 12:49:42 pm »

Anyway, any change I can get a link to the mod. Can't find it for some reason.
Here.

The good news is that they've only got about 8 planets left. Two of them have my ships over them and are completely seperated from the rest of the galaxy, so they can't build anything from them. I'm trying to do that with the three systems I mentioned above, but their ships keep popping up from nowhere, and auto-battle thinks that a Victory-1 or Venator will immediately commit suicide if it sees a single Recusant.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: November 04, 2012, 01:04:28 pm »

Steamrolled over the advanced decoy mission with an awesome team. Despite being forced into scout, it was incredibly fun.
Gotta love talkative teammates.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: November 04, 2012, 02:51:33 pm »

Threw a Bark Scorpion man, his head skidded on the ground, bruised his brain. His lower body skidded, his guts spilled, and he died because he collided with his own guts. Jeez.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: November 05, 2012, 12:03:56 am »

So... I started off with telling my sovereign: Lets attack Jing Bei!

Surprisingly, he said yes and I was able to go and attack it with an army of about 60k(or 6 units of 10k) we took the city and I was appointed its governor.  And so, I started with 6 officers under my command in the city I govern for the first few years, building it up.  Then...  Cao Cao started to attack.  His kingdom is made up of +10 cities and had been growing over the whole time.  While I am in a force of 2 cities total.  (Cao Cao also has many more talented officers, plus my family members in his roster.)
Over the course of 3-4 years, Cao Cao has attacked my city over 6 times.  My sovereign has refused to reinforce me 5 out of those 6 times.  The one time that they did reinforce me, they attacked the capital, where I sent in reinforcements to help defend it after I wiped their offense.  Each time the enemy comes replenished, while my numbers are lessened due to casualties. My city has a very low population, due to massive overrecruitment into the military over the years before I took control.  Also, gold strapped cause low population = less income too...  But yes, each time, I've repelled the enemy... and I've also managed to catch my mother and great-granddaughter...  but only managed to recruit the great-granddaughter.
And so I face them a 7th time, my sovereign refusing to reinforce me, yet again...  I shall update my exploits here... it may be my last stand as governor here... with my battle-hardened troops...

EDIT: Alright, apparently the enemy only sent a 2:1 force... hardly anything to fear with fire arrows, ambushers and veteran troops...  I captured one of the enemy.  Jiang Qin, fairly decent fellow, but he refused to join. (Too bad I can't keep prisoners...)

« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 12:45:45 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: November 05, 2012, 12:54:05 am »

Shit bro. Fight the good fight.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: November 05, 2012, 12:59:45 am »

I know you put the game's acronym down, but what is the actual title? I can't think of anything that would fit and it sounds quite interesting.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: November 05, 2012, 01:01:28 am »

Romance of the Three Kingdoms X on Playstation 2

Google be yo friend.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: November 05, 2012, 01:02:48 am »

Romance of the Three Kingdoms X on Playstation 2
Thankee.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 711