Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 712

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1333912 times)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #450 on: April 18, 2012, 12:13:25 pm »

I was stuck in a lengthy war in Iraq. I was losing. Badly. So I launched a nuke into the country. Iraq surrendered in under a week. People did NOT like this in the slightest. As a matter of fact, almost every European country was trying to assassinate me. The only one that came close to, however, was China, who managed to kill the Secretary of The State. Eventually, everyone was minding their own buisness. Except for Poland. Poland was constantly trying to overthrow the US government. So, I got sick of this and invaded. Many countries aided me in my invasion, but Poland had one ally far more powerful than me. The Soviet Union. The war, it was one I could not win. So I surrendered and began to kiss Poland's arse a bit.

But then, it seemed as if Poland had a bit of a disagreement with the Soviets. I saw that it was my time to strike, to have my revenge at last. I invaded. Poland's military alone was hardly a threat. In under a month, Poland was under US control. I decided to be peaceful, and other countries decided the same. Even the Soviets were playing nice. Then, China and the Soviets had a bit of a fight, leading to the Soviet Union invading China. I saved to see what I could do. Defending China with all of my troops didn't work, attacking the countries assisting the Soviets didn't work, making China useless and weak, so the Soviets wouldn't gain anything by taking them over didn't work either.

It looked like a doomed situation. If Soviet Russia took China, they'd become even MORE of a military and nuclear superpower. They took China, which lead to the US becoming extremely friendly with them, due to fear of invasions. Everything was fairly nice. Until the Soviets started to attack American owned countries, like Iraq and Poland. A decent amount of time was put into moving troops into countries the Soviets were invading. The Soviets were throwing coup d'etats everywhere. They even surgical striked several places, something the AI rarely does.

Eventually, the Soviet union started to tear its self apart from within. There were many riots, and even a civil war. The current government won over the revolutionaries and immerged even more powerful than before. Their leadership effectiveness was 100%. Eventually, they started to condemn the US. This was slightly concerning, but then they finally did something worthy of action. They armed rebels in the US. This lead to the entire US military invading the Soviet Union. We were getting our arses kicked. While the Soviets had under one hundred thousand dollars of damage, we had over six million. Our troops started to lose the will to fight, but I just poured more in. Eventually, I saw that the situation was hopeless. There was nothing I could do. The Soviets had won.

But, then, just as I was about to press the "surrender to opponent" button, the Soviets gave up and handed control of the country to the US. We had taken the other world superpower. We had won at last. The Soviet forces still remain in China, but not for long. We will win this battle.

Better dead than Red.

[EDIT] It appears as if they didn't surrender first, but due to the extremely high ambition and extremely low ethic of the USA at the time, they were autonuked because we lost the war. The nuking made them surrender.. 'Eh, still. We won.

I guess I will have to take guesses at which game you are playing. Superpower, or SHadow President, or Superpower 2?
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: April 18, 2012, 12:16:43 pm »

The game is Shadow President.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 24, 2012, 11:41:53 am »

Managed to get myself admitted to the Sith Academy. The woman who recruited me engaged me in a plot to backstab her master. So I went and told her master about it, and he asked me to help poison her bath. So I did, and then went and told her about that, "forgetting" to inform her about the poison. She yelled at me a bit(which including admiring me for playing both of them), and then had me poison her master's bed.

When it came time to face both of them, I had a glorious moment of gloating before the poison hit both of them at the same moment. And then the two of them were shredded by the high-density minefield I had placed just before the encounter. Right on top of a (frozen) acid river.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: April 27, 2012, 09:08:36 pm »

I'm the Nords. We won.

Mount&Blade: Warband

Also, random wtf image:

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: April 28, 2012, 08:02:49 am »

Was the color bearer for the Russian army. We were stuck in a battle between two earthen forts (built by the players) and had quickly reached stalemate. I hoisted my flag high and ran over the walls, hoping a few men would join me in my charge. Instead, nearly the entire 80 man team ran over the walls, and we charged the enemy position. I managed to plant our flag right in the enemy base before getting killed, and our men overran the Austrians and claimed the fort in the name of glorious mother Russia!

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: April 28, 2012, 10:54:54 am »

Was the color bearer for the Russian army. We were stuck in a battle between two earthen forts (built by the players) and had quickly reached stalemate. I hoisted my flag high and ran over the walls, hoping a few men would join me in my charge. Instead, nearly the entire 80 man team ran over the walls, and we charged the enemy position. I managed to plant our flag right in the enemy base before getting killed, and our men overran the Austrians and claimed the fort in the name of glorious mother Russia!

Hot damn. Last time that happened in a game I played in it just led to trading volleys for hours on end.
And thats why taking the initiative wins you the game!

Oh, and last time I played Warband with the Blood and Steel Mod

Basically, I got cannoneers.
500 Cannoneers.
My god, I took out the entire Vaegir army with that.

Total kills: 4500
Total deaths: 121
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: May 03, 2012, 07:52:16 pm »

Don't fuck with huscarls.

M&B: Warband.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 03, 2012, 09:57:40 pm »

I mostly only play TF2 to be a dick.

The voice-chat is out of synch and cuts out a bit, but you get the idea.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: May 03, 2012, 10:34:41 pm »

Took out two carriers and a wing of fighters with just a wolf frigate.  Lured the fighters away from their carriers and dealt with them, chasing the last fighter back to his carrier and taking out a split second before it reached the hangar with my long range beam, the first carrier instead of getting the fighter ate my two big red torpedoes, and for some reason decided to lower it's shield after taking the first torpedo hit and got smacked hard with the second.

I focused my long range beam on the big hole in it's armor, getting close enough to let my point defense lasers chip in, letting my shields absorb the return fire, while dodging missiles left and right from both carriers occasionally backing off to vent.  I finally overloaded the first carrier and finished it off.  And moved on to the last one, which apperantly thought it could take me and chose to fight instead of flee.  And at that point the fight was in the bag.  I wasn't stupid enough to get in range of it's point defense while keeping constant pressure on it's shields with my own longer ranged point defense, all while easily avoiding it's missiles of 'really bad at hitting a small maneuverable target'.  It eventually also overloaded despite the enemy captain cutting his shields every now and then to try to keep it from happening and they went kablooey as well.

No hull damage, just a scratch of armor damage from low caliber machine guns as the fighters flew through my shield.  And one boarded and salvaged carrier to resell.   I think i'll call that a success.

Starfarer  A pirate carrier group got busted up by hedgemony while I was chasing around some smaller fry.  They fled from the hedgemony right into my path and apperantly decided to go with it when I ran into them.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 10:37:23 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: May 04, 2012, 06:08:23 am »

I had to smash through the gates of Troy, but between the gate and my army was a couple of bases, not to mention the gate itself was heavily guarded. So what do I do? I suicide a couple of pegasi to get a momentary line-of-sight inside the city gate in order to use my "Underworld Gate" godpower to link my side of the map with Trojan gate. Then I unleash my Minotaur horde through the underworld passage inside the city bypassing all defences. Buffed up by a couple of god specific myth unit bonuses and my hero unit's inspiring aura, the measly human defenders could do little but die in the face of my bull warriors.

It was glorious.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: May 04, 2012, 10:23:48 am »

JUST a wolf frigate, geiger? Wolf-class frigates are the best in the game, as of 0.51a. I haven't downloaded 0.52a yet, but I doubt that it'll be different.

My last ownage was Running With Rifles demo. Very first time I've played, after about 10 minutes I lie down in some random spot and start taking potshots.

That got me from about 200-300 xp to about 1500.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: May 05, 2012, 11:16:59 am »

Climbed up a giant's back, just to stab him in the head. Even better was that the camera coincidentally was panning from back to front of the monster just to catch it at the best possible angle.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

spiderpig040

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: May 06, 2012, 08:17:06 am »

i would say in DOTA.

i used Huskar and tried the old school build. and yes, it still works. i OWNed both in the early and late game.. :D

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: May 06, 2012, 09:18:32 pm »

Playing Diablo 2 again.  Lv 30ish pick up PvP vs a friend after a co-op session.  I'm a druid, he's a sorceress.  He's apperantly going for an energy shield build, he explained it to me that it causes damage taken to hit his mana instead of his HP, and claims that I won't be able to hurt him.  I'm focusing in werewolf, but not a particular build.  I've been dumping a lot of points into rabies, since I like running into a room, biting one mob, running out, then running back in to a significantly less populated room.

Fight starts.  I run up to him and use my rabies bite. his rogue dies 1 second later, he dies 2 seconds later.  Fight over.  After a moment of silence he comments that apperantly his mana shield does not absorb poison damage.  After checking the numbers my rabies bite hits him for about 3 times his HP in the space of a few seconds.  And since the shield does not absorb 100% of damage yet, my next basic strike took out his remaining 1 hp.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 09:20:34 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: May 07, 2012, 02:25:00 am »

Managed to become a hulk with xray vision, save someone who was dying from a burning room superheated by plasma, kill a hulk (chloral hydrate + monkeying + radiation from genetics) and save someone from being robusted by hulk #2 in one round.

Space Station 13
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 712