Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1333533 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #105 on: June 23, 2011, 09:15:36 pm »

Threw a satchel charge in the middle of the road, some morons from Cell in an armored van rolled over it.

*click*
*boom*

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 24, 2011, 09:21:49 am »

How did I last own? Very much.

Spoiler: Screen (click to show/hide)

Third Age Total War aka the LOTR mod for Medieval 2.

Edit: I think I should get used to the mod more and do a let's play later. Should I?
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 24, 2011, 04:53:08 pm »

Edit: I think I should get used to the mod more and do a let's play later. Should I?
"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Not even an army of ten thousand men could... What."
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 25, 2011, 01:22:13 am »

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Not even an army of ten thousand men could... What."
To be fair, that's just a small part of their army, guarding the northern border. I decided from now on I play on very hard. Maybe then the AI will offer a challenge. And after that, probably doing a let's play. Just need to get a bit better.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 26, 2011, 07:24:55 pm »

I finally finished my "no HP loss" run of Iji (normal). With that done, I quite hope to feel the game is complete, and not try to go do that again on hard or impossible.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 26, 2011, 07:26:48 pm »

I finally finished my "no HP loss" run of Iji (normal). With that done, I quite hope to feel the game is complete, and not try to go do that again on hard or impossible.
You could try Sudden Death mode, where "no HP loss" is pretty much enforced(for you and them), although, except for some parts, it's kinda easy.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 26, 2011, 07:58:39 pm »

Sudden Death mode was funny. Single shotgun blast > annihilator.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 26, 2011, 09:50:57 pm »

Formed Italy in 1455 in EU3. Trolololo.

Now I'm saving Austria's ass all over the place. They became the Holy Roman Emperor and a bunch of nations gave them land from the event where the emperor demands it back, and now their infamyt is skyrocketing due to all the 'unlawful imperial territory'. So most of Europe jumped into punitive wars with them and I spent 5 years beating up on one province minors and watching France collpase until it only held 5 provinces around Ile-de-France. Also, I've claimed all the islands in the eastern mediterranean and I'm colonizing America after having claimed most of the islands on the west coast of Africa. (The continental territories tend to get the locals pissed off and start wars, islands are so much nicer to work with.)

So now it's late 16th century and I'm the Empire of Italy. Can anyone say New Rome? Screw the HRE.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 26, 2011, 11:53:14 pm »

I killed the Cyberdemon with a napalm launcher and power modded Cybernetic Armor.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 27, 2011, 12:35:00 am »

I curb-stomped Castille in a defensive war, netting myself a nice foothold in the Iberian Peninsula from which to slowly destroy them. The ownage part? They outnumbered me easily 3 to 1 at the beginning and I was Morocco. Less than ten years in, too.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 27, 2011, 01:34:37 am »

I played LCS (for those who don't know, it's a Bay12 Liberal terrorism simulation). My boss was in jail (serving 11 consecutive life sentences or whatever), everyonne was dead... except Millie the Haxor, who had just been released from jail after serving a 6 month sentence. She sucked at everything, except computers. During the course of the next few game years, she grew up from a good yet overspecialized hacker to be adept at lock picking, disguises, combat, stealth, driving, psychology... she could've been the boss herself. Instead, she used those carefully grinded skills to get sleepers within the prison to get a map. Then, one beautiful day she put on her home-made prison guard's uniform, waltzed inside the prison and came out with the Founder without causing any hint of an alarm.

Another non-Bay12 example would be any time I'm playing Crawl with a wizard and returning the favor to Sigmund with mephitic cloud.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 27, 2011, 03:51:36 am »

I turn a corner into a subway service tunnel and spot a raider with no weapon in hand.  I drop into vats mode and use my 10mm Subgun to take her head off.  Vats fades and I pivot, turning to see another raider waking and sitting up to get off their filthy mattress.  I immediately lay into them with about 12 more rounds, which blows their leg off and makes sure they will never leave their mattress again.

Dang this Chinese stealth suit keeps making me feel like I'm gonna have metal gears attacking me in this game too.  (Also props to the 10mm sub gun, you keep me from wasting ammo or repairs on the good weapons.

Also:

I am looting a subway when a dude walks in and demands I fork over the naughty nightwear I just found.  I offer to sell it to him and he says he'll kill me.  I immediately dismember him with my one handed chainsaw, which is like an electric turkey carver on crack.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 27, 2011, 07:54:05 am »

Team Fortress 2, now that it's free to play.

As an engineer I was in my base, upgrading my sentry as a friendly scout starting running towards me. As he passed me, I nonchalantly turned and whacked him with my wrench. As I turned back to upgrade my sentry, the spy's body flopped to the floor.

Another time, as a medic, I was cornered by a heavy and two pyros. Then, boom, our team captured the flag, giving everyone on our team criticals for a while. I charged the pyros, killing both of them with my needlegun before I was gunned down by the heavy, who didn't exactly escape unharmed.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 27, 2011, 04:42:17 pm »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 27, 2011, 04:44:11 pm »