Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 589 590 [591] 592 593 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1331579 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8850 on: September 01, 2018, 08:20:29 pm »

Designed a small-ish pistol. Not much in cost, either. Besides the custom-weapon grip and barrel, it only needs 6 iron and some pigment. Despite that, it does more damage than the non-custom rifle you get early on in the campaign - yet it's actually cheaper than if you were to fabricate the rifle yourself. I'm blasting apart with ease things that are, by definition, face-murder incarnate. Only downside is crap durability, but I've always had a problem with custom gear having too-low durability.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8851 on: September 02, 2018, 10:18:55 am »

As Bohemia, passed all 8 reforms and united Holy Roman Empire into single nation on Tuesday, 12th December, 15256 AD.

AVE CAESAR!

« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 01:10:18 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #8852 on: September 02, 2018, 12:51:49 pm »

After 37 hours and 45 minutes of misery, frustration, gitting gud, and perseverance, I've finally completed the game!

Hollow Knight.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8853 on: September 02, 2018, 06:11:33 pm »

Ha!  I didn't think I could do it, but I got my 3rd boss cell in Dead Cells!  I got ridiculously lucky and got 4 levels in a row with a trap-level portal, which really helped my stats.  I killed the boss with a legendary Infantry Bow(it only had 5 ammo, but man it did ridiculous amounts of damage).   :D
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8854 on: September 05, 2018, 02:51:44 pm »

I am now a hero of the Tacketies and utterly reviled by London, so much so that I am shot on sight. It's making it... interesting, to travel around Albion.

Sunless Skies.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8855 on: September 05, 2018, 11:20:58 pm »

I made a submarine.  By accident.   I would put this in the deaths thread but it is surprisingly effective as a submarine.   

It was designed to be a lot like an old american civil war era ironclad, but I may have put a bit too much weight on it and it likes to be underwater.  And do barrel rolls while underwater.  But it still moves at a good clip and all the broadside Advanced Cannons can still fire just fine while underwater, even thrashed my main battleship design once with a broadside of sabot rounds aimed straight at it's underside.  A good 2 size classes above it. 

So I just stuck a couple hydrofoils on the side, and stuck an AI module on it to tell it that if it's pointed almost straight down to turn the hydrofoils to point it back up again and it seems to do just fine for it's size, at least against my own ships.  If only I could make anything that could compete with anything vanilla.

From the Depths
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8856 on: September 06, 2018, 07:22:04 am »

First match, I took out a tank by smashing through the wall next to them, getting a clear shot at their side at point-blank range.

Second match, I scored what I think was my first ever "hull break" kill, because someone brought a reserve vehicle(weakest, but always repaired for free after the match) to a game where I brought 3.3-3.7BR tanks. At the end of the match, I came up on the side of a 3-inch-gun carrier, and fired. Then nearly crapped myself when I saw I only hit the driver, not the gunner, and the turret was turning towards me. Somehow they never fired, and I got the kill.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8857 on: September 07, 2018, 07:21:28 pm »

I'm so fucking pumped about this victory!

735 Spartans vs 953 Thracians and Triballi

I fought to the literal last men but I fucking killed them all. 218 of mine remained and the last few minutes of the battle was a knock down drag out fight between out of ammo skirmishes and peltasts and my battered, nearly wiped out Hoplitai.

TW:R2

Edit: and then the last of the Triballi attacked with mercenary support and Acrotatus II the Indomitable fucking stomped them somehow! Holy shit!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 07:32:44 pm by Hanslanda »
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8858 on: September 09, 2018, 12:08:29 am »

I won my first online match in a fighting game, which is a far cry from the usual total defeat.  I took that win and promptly quit while I was ahead.

Naturally I was playing as the Goddess of Explosions.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8859 on: September 09, 2018, 06:57:15 am »

I won my first online match in a fighting game, which is a far cry from the usual total defeat.  I took that win and promptly quit while I was ahead.

Didn't know that existed.

...Lagged like hell on the main menu even at lowest graphics. Seems to have stopped after awhile.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8860 on: September 09, 2018, 09:21:43 am »

I once got a 27 killstreak in one life in Modern Warfare, and finally died to three snipers 40 feet away, AFTER I killed one of them with a fuckin shotgun somehow, and it was the game winning kill. Never played again after that.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8861 on: September 09, 2018, 04:12:04 pm »

I was enjoying some freerunning and wallscurrying when I got to a certain forced combat section which I remembered being particularly bad, on my no-kills run.  An enclosed car park with a very slow exit-door.

Nice thing about completing a run is that you no longer have anything to prove.  I disarmed the first one, then went Far Cry 2 on the other 5 with only the one magazine.  Discarded the gun, ascended into the pipes.

Later I was being pursued by two police-runners, and a couple of metro cops with pistols "ambushed" me.  Out of curiosity I disarmed one, turned, and shot the runners.  Well.  That's... literally too easy.  Being chased is fun, stopping to punch people isn't.

Mirror's Edge
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8862 on: September 09, 2018, 10:03:27 pm »

Turns out that guns work, too.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8863 on: September 09, 2018, 10:48:13 pm »

I got through the first Zero Virus level in Mega Man X5 without using Dark Hold.  It amounted to just getting lucky after about 50 tries, but I did it and got the trophy.  Now I never have to do it again.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8864 on: September 10, 2018, 12:15:56 am »

I was enjoying some freerunning and wallscurrying when I got to a certain forced combat section which I remembered being particularly bad, on my no-kills run.  An enclosed car park with a very slow exit-door.

Nice thing about completing a run is that you no longer have anything to prove.  I disarmed the first one, then went Far Cry 2 on the other 5 with only the one magazine.  Discarded the gun, ascended into the pipes.

Later I was being pursued by two police-runners, and a couple of metro cops with pistols "ambushed" me.  Out of curiosity I disarmed one, turned, and shot the runners.  Well.  That's... literally too easy.  Being chased is fun, stopping to punch people isn't.

Mirror's Edge
In the Shard, when you have to climb out the elevator's escape hatch into the shafts, there's actually dudes that pry open the elevator door and shoot you if you're too slow.  Bet you can't kill those guys.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 589 590 [591] 592 593 ... 711