Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 588 589 [590] 591 592 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1331568 times)

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8835 on: August 19, 2018, 03:00:52 pm »

Footpads promote to Outlaws, who promote to Fugitives.

Mine

Did the Syndicate Regional HQ mission. Not only did I not lose a single agent, the Syndicate guy I was capturing was not harmed. I kept him mindcontrolled for about 20 turns and was about to drop him into a pit so that he does not run around and get shot, when I destroyed the last Syndicate Walker (they look like Sectopods). Then the other syndicate guys (2 workers) surrendered.

Also, I managed to get one of the Walkers undamaged, only stunned with a Power Mace.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8836 on: August 20, 2018, 10:35:59 am »

My brother needed help getting some of the achievements / trophies for the Megaman X collection, so I helped him out with it.  I managed to hadouken Velguarder and Sigma for a change, which is a rarity since they usually bop me before I can hit them.

Getting the shoryuken in Megaman X2 really is an achievement all unto itself, which must have taken me 15 tries since I'm so out of practice.

Hitting Magna Centipede with it afterward was very gratifying though.  Too bad it actually kind of sucks, and I failed to kill Wheel Gator with it despite actually hitting him with it for a change.  I also learned that Morph Moth will morph into his moth form without you shooting half of his health out first, which was an achievement on its own.  All of these years and I assumed you had to shoot him until he transformed.  Shoryukening him afterward was just gravy on top.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8837 on: August 20, 2018, 01:22:13 pm »

I got the Covert Ops achievement.

That's the one where you set off zero alarms in Magna Centipede's stage.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8838 on: August 20, 2018, 04:29:22 pm »

That one was a major pain and I did not get it yet.  I was able to eventually get through the level without being spotted by spot lights, but only after I'd defeated Magna Centipede.  Evidently, that doesn't work, and I'll have to play back through the game again.

Supposedly, the requirements are that you must do it on your first try through the level, and must defeat him on that same try.  I'm guessing that if you exit the stage and come back in (died too many times) then that condition resets.  At least I hope so.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8839 on: August 20, 2018, 06:46:48 pm »

Wow ok, I did not know that.

I did fulfill those requirements.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #8840 on: August 26, 2018, 06:29:52 am »

Shogun 2 Total war.
    My commander just casually walked up to around 7 squads of gunner militia (in most unfortunate position, though (one behind each other)) and casually slaughtered two of them without taking any significant loses. This reminded me of "Way of the Samurai" game.  This (and also, being shot at, and also death of their not very great rebel commander) caused them to rout. And by "rout" i mean "form a surrealistic conga line that then waltzed out of the map". This reminded me of "Way of the Samurai" game even more. Next turn, freaking commander "upgrades" into "godawful" revolver squad 1\3 size of the original (!).
   Also i like how the game marks both commander units as "weak in melee" (my ass), and says that "commander's job is to command, not to fight" (my sides!). And also i like how you can't put more than one commander unit per army in custom battles. Well, any reason for devs to not add this feature? No? So they did.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 06:35:40 am by MCreeper »

Hotfire90

« Reply #8841 on: August 26, 2018, 03:43:44 pm »

Completed the third pantheon.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8842 on: August 26, 2018, 08:31:09 pm »

Did one hour of derelict defence (40 waves) as one of a pair of Nekros in order to farm for the infamous Hema (5k mutagen samples). Left with 120 mutagen samples.

Warframe.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8843 on: August 27, 2018, 09:01:34 pm »

Took a sip from a fountain early on in the gloomy cave, fell in and was sucked four levels down before bursting out of the pipe into a vast cavern, surrounded by enemies.

Somehow, through a combination of picking my battles and tactically using the two teleportation wands I had on me, I was able to dance around and survive long enough to find the stairs downwards - and then, luckily enough, had enough juice left in a wand to escape the cluster of following enemies that would surely have instagibbed my battered form.

Now to take a breather, heal and press onwards... I should probably use this arseload of enchantment scrolls at some point, too.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8844 on: August 28, 2018, 12:03:19 pm »

How far along are you in that game? Have you managed to defeat the mysterious shrieking monster yet?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8845 on: August 28, 2018, 11:08:53 pm »

Said monster is generally found on one of the levels I inadvertently skipped, I think.
That character wound up dying horribly when he stumbled into an invisible... giant frog. Which promptly bit off his arms.
'Twas almost as devastating as one of those transparent glass coffee tables at shin height.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8846 on: August 29, 2018, 12:44:14 am »

A plan came together today.

I created a custom nation, a unified Ireland which I named "Potato".  I built it to rush into exploration/colonization, with some other random odds and ends like army morale.

I allied Brittany along with England at the game start.  France and England got into their Hundred Year war shenanigans, so England was fighting France and Scotland along with a bunch of other players.  England was losing hard against France, but had made some gains against Scotland, who was my rival.  I sow some fabricated claims to take some Scottish clay for myself.  England wouldn't join an offensive war with me, but France said it would back Scotland in a Potato war.  My theory was that while France would be in my war, they would be wholly invested in fighting England and I wouldn't see any French soldiers in any Tater lands.  I sprung my trap when I noticed Scotland only had about 10,000 men, to my 15,000 proud Tater soldiers.

Turned out my theory was correct.  France stayed in his Hundred Year war, leaving a battered Scotland for me to play in.  I crossed the strait and started to siege land for myself.  Scottish army snuck its way onto Tater island though, so a lot of the war became a siege race over the capitals.  Scot's capital fell first, from there it was a transport ride home to clean up Potato and grab back lost war score.

In the peace deal I took half of Scotland and a handfull of ducats.  Couldn't take his vassal for myself, though.

I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8847 on: August 29, 2018, 03:42:18 am »

Elite Hag vs a occultist, houndmaster, grave robber, hellion in dodge setup.

First turn, GR failed to dodge and went into the pots.
"Well that dodge idea was sure a waste of time."

Hellion crit for 1/4 of the hag's hp!
The team goes nuts. Hound master use the treat and crit again.
Victory right as the GR is in death door.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8848 on: August 30, 2018, 07:43:32 am »

To the AI: While it was very clever to start sending large formations of T3 tanks at my gun-wall, even more so including mobile shields and even having artillery hit AA platforms away from the gun-wall to let airstrikes hit my main base, next time you might to think to invest in strategic missile defenses. Just a thought.

One missile took out not only their central production, but commander as well. And while those artillery guns and shield tanks were actually a threat, they didn't have any tactical missile defenses, and even while moving it was possible to land accurate missile strikes on them.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8849 on: August 31, 2018, 03:46:12 am »

Just had a bunch of ridiculous games in a 2 (then 3) stack.

First, a match with a massive comeback.  We had one of those lategame defenses where its obvious the other team has won and you hide in your fountain... except somehow we won the fight.  Basically people kept respawning or buying back for relatively little gain.  At one point literally everyone died and then I bought back, only to die again with an 80 second respawn timer.  We were pretty much played out in exchange for killing 1-2 of their heroes and putting the rest of them at low health and then they just kinda... retreated.  I understand why, but we had nothing left, I think we had lost 8 heroes over the course of the whole thing.  Later they got aegis and pushed high ground, we killed all of them and then killed their aegis carrier again.  That was enough for us to rush over to their side of the map and win before all 5 could respawn.

Second game, I ask my friend to play an Undying/Bane lane with me.  For some ridiculous reason they laned Lion against us; Lion is one of the lowest strength heroes, and Undying can steal a flat amount of strength.  In DOTA strength decides your max HP, and Bane has a high damage nuke ability.  We accomplished our goal of ruining their safelane's hopes and dreams, but then lost because aside from our Necro, our team's carries didn't deliver.  What made it a weird game is that our Spectres' computer crashed and I spent 10 minutes controlling 2 heroes.  Ended up getting a triple kill with Spectre, which was way more than her actual player managed.

Then we played a game where my friend had the brilliant idea of running a trilane.  That's a gimmicky strategy run by pro players in specific circumstances.  It went horribly.

After that we played two games where our entire 3 stack randomed.  Both games I absolutely destroyed my lane.  I had to run Riki (who I main as a support) as a hard carry for the first game... and absolutely trashed my lane, between me and CM we got maybe a dozen kills and I assisted in 2 more ganking the enemy safelane.  Second game I traded my Luna for my friend's Witch Doctor, I had never played him before but I ended up going safelane with a Bristleback.  We had a rocky start but then I realized I could use a clarity, stand under tower and heal BB indefinitely.  As a result of this healing and his own good play, our Bristleback never died.  Not even once, and he was playing aggressively.  Best part is he was a good sport and randomed as well; not sure he even knew the hero.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 588 589 [590] 591 592 ... 711