Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 504 505 [506] 507 508 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1331950 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #7575 on: May 23, 2017, 06:41:19 pm »

Unfortunately Bannerlord still doesn't have a release date set in stone and was announced several years ago. Estimates for when it'll come out include after The Winds of Winter is published and shortly before Half-Life 3 comes out.
Not sure where else to ask this but:

Was trying to install the 1866 mod, but it's for M&B 1.011.

I download the update from the Talesworld forums (from M&B repository)

After I installed it, however, I'm suddenly placed into trial mode...

I opened M&B from the GOG shortcut, and the trial message doesn't reappear... Do I suddenly have to pay for the game or something?
Not sure what's going on. There's a Mount and Blade thread kicking around a few pages back though IIRC.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7576 on: May 23, 2017, 07:02:25 pm »

More accurately, the "Trial Version" message window with the four buttons only appears once. Closing it, closing the window and launcher (and opening them up again) make the message not show up. I haven't actually played the game yet, will send a status update if that happens.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7577 on: May 23, 2017, 07:07:19 pm »

Please stop derailing this thread. Try the Mount & Blade thread instead.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7578 on: May 24, 2017, 01:18:27 pm »

After a slow start as Dynastic China, my Chinese peasants began mining and farming en masse, producing enough troops to provide defense for our fledging civilization, hitting Bronze Age just as I had enough materials for a host of phalanxes and catapults.

Then I started to make troops and push against the opposition. Thanks to the bonuses I had, the crossbowmen and pikemen just kept going as the Chinese civilization kept progressing through the ages at ridiculous speeds.

By the time we've hit gunpowder eras, our halberdiers were swarming over half of the map, and a new complement of basilisk guns were super effective against enemy fortifications, especially as Chinese siege engines have extra range and rate of fire.

The last of our opponents were waddling through the muck of Middle Ages while Chinese civilization was mastering Industrial era concepts of steam engines, explosives and anaesthesia. Nothing could stop the Chinese tide, and the map was conquered in span of fifteen minutes.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 01:23:01 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7579 on: May 24, 2017, 05:53:19 pm »

You mean that the AI didn't spawn waves of nuclear bombers from just inside the fog-of-war while over-the-pop-cap armies teleported onto your city centers?

---

Earned an achievement, War of Gentlemen, which requires winning a battle without losing any female units but still actually using them. Later got an achievement for losing no units whatsoever. Also defeated a boss that may or may not have been a slime monster(referred to as their queen but not at all slime-like in appearance) and had the ability to boost the power of her slime minions and the ability to expand her breasts(not an in-game ability, but she does have that power).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7580 on: May 24, 2017, 11:29:54 pm »

You mean that the AI didn't spawn waves of nuclear bombers from just inside the fog-of-war while over-the-pop-cap armies teleported onto your city centers?

Naw, I don't usually play past Industrial era :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

HMetal2001

• Bay Watcher
  • WipEout - CONTENDER ELIMINATED
    • View Profile
« Reply #7581 on: May 25, 2017, 07:21:39 am »

Was playing WipEout 2048 on my Vita. Specifically the DLCs (using HD ships in a Fury track). Shot a plasma (most powerful pickup in the game) and 3 rockets into a hapless Icaras (the ship with the least shielding in the game).
The giant louse is on the loose and some loser dwarf has blood to lose.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7582 on: May 25, 2017, 05:03:27 pm »

If it can't fight, what's the point of levelling it up?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7583 on: May 25, 2017, 06:15:41 pm »

It's a flier, so health and stamina let it live longer and fly further.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #7584 on: May 25, 2017, 09:59:31 pm »

Comp game, match point (15 - 14) on T side, we're 3v3 running towards A trough T spawn. A friend who's dead is coaching me (lol), saying something like "hey, there's only one person on their team who can kill you, and it's -"

as soon as he's about to say the name of the player, I peek out of cover and one tap the best player on their team

"oh"

(we won)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Shoes...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7586 on: May 28, 2017, 06:26:34 pm »

Ended an hour+ session with 23/20 k/d. And this time I wasn't camping a Sunderer turret.

Actually, I was playing infiltrator, a class I tend to be terrible with. Shit-damage and shit-accuracy sniper rifles when at least 90% of the playerbase has either crappy internet or lag hacks and crappy client-sided hit detection, yeahhhno. Only this time yeahhhyeah. The TSAR-42 is a beast, and has pretty good damage(usually strips shields at least on a bodyshot) and a 1-hit headshotter within it's (relatively short) effective range.

Last two kills I got with it, attacking into a biolab from the landing pad, I'm forced back by an NC heavy spraying me, but not before nailing them with a perfect headshot as I'm taking hits and running for cover. Then I immediately popped another heavy as they were shooting from behind cover.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7587 on: May 28, 2017, 09:25:26 pm »

So we were on pl_frontier. A fairly fun map. Lots of well thought out chokes, lots of juicy flank routes for both defenders and attackers, nice long sightlines for snipers but short enough that they were still vulnerable and unable to hold alone.

We steamrolled through the first few checkpoints, then hit a pretty major roadblock. A new sniper had joined. This one had strange killstreak Australium weaponry, all with tens of thousands of kills recorded on them, as well as a rather expensive unusual. At a glance, he was wearing the equivalent of about $200+ USD of cosmetics and skins.

He effortlessly held off our team alone, with almost totally perfect accuracy. THe team's steamroll became a push, became a trickle, became a stalemate. We'd reached a point where we couldn't proceed because to push the cart meant death faster than we could react. Naturally, this player became cocky and arrogant, started trash talking in chat. He had certainly gotten some very suspicious headshots, but top tier snipers are about as accurate as him anyway. He'd gotten to an 18 kill streak (20 = "godlike") when I came up with a stupid plan.

I dropped two stickybombs down on a blind corner that he couldn't hit me from, while a medic overhealed me to prepare for the damage the jump would inflict. (This is that portion on Frontier, just after the second last point, where there's a series of concentric steps climbing upwards.)

Now at full overheal (260), ready to jump, I gave myself a second to prepare. I knew the vague direction the scary enemy sniper was in. I knew my jump would land me within spitting distance of his entire team.

I took a breath, crouch-jumped over the two stickies, and launched myself into the stars, flying at high speed. The stickies had done a lot of self damage, but the overheal cushioned most of that, so I was at about 140hp. That's within the danger range for a headshot kill (<150).

I see the sniper look up at me, see me flying in rapidly. He takes aim.

He misses, and backpedals to try for another shot.
Still in motion, i swap to my Loch n' Load, a grenade launcher that breaks on impact, but travels faster than the stock launcher which explodes on impact and after rolling. They now deal the same damage, but the Loch is easier to land a shot with due to its higher speed.

I fire the pill. It oneshots the sniper, because of his secondary (Darwin's Danger Shield) causing him 20% extra damage vulnerability to explosives. From full health he would've survived that, but he was evidently grazed by something (DDS snipers have 150 hp, and a loch pill would deal 120).

I land, take the fall damage, and immediately taunt. The entire enemy team arrives and blows me up, but it was so, so worth it.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7588 on: May 29, 2017, 03:20:25 pm »

Marched through Moscow in triumph.  As a united China fresh from the Civil War and the Sino-Japanese War.  Not bad for my first game as the Guomindang.  And yes, I know that the game's really not that difficult for most people due to the brain-dead AI, but even so...

It was a weird game, though.  I was thrown for a loop when Germany backed down after being confronted by joint Franco-British opposition while reoccupying the Rhineland.  Then France went Fourth Internationale Communist and conquered Italy, Poland went full Intermarium, Germany decided to befriend (but not ally with) Czechoslovakia, and the British just threw up their metaphorical hands and went to have a good cry in the corner for a while.  It actually got surprisingly on-track after that; Germany conquered France and Spain anyways (at which point I "secured" French Indochina and Guangzhouwan), their Hungarian allies invaded the Czechoslovaks anyway (which brought the British in), the Poles stood off the USSR in a bloody stalemate, and my China ended up taking the long road across Siberia to Moscow, laying rail all the way so I could actually move supplies over that distance.  Then I decided to finish off the Japanese, only for the horrible peace system to kick in and remind me of why I stopped playing. 

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7589 on: May 30, 2017, 12:29:38 am »

The peace system is such a kick in the crotch.  Sometime Paradox is going to have to accept that peace deals happen because they're acceptable to all parties, instead of to just one party.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 504 505 [506] 507 508 ... 711