Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 492 493 [494] 495 496 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1332092 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #7395 on: April 14, 2017, 02:44:10 pm »

Stellaris. Fanatical Purifiers.

Attacked a Fallen Empire with 1/3 their overall fleet strength. Caught one of their fleets alone and won (heavy losses), and distracted them with a token force at their home world while I vacuumed up all their tech.

Returned a year later with enough of their own tech to finish the job.

Ironically, I am now the galaxy's only hope against a newly Awoken Empire.

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #7396 on: April 15, 2017, 06:08:14 am »

I managed to beat Macedon army with my 9 Town Watch regiments. Macedonians had 6 cavalry units (including general), 1 phalanx and 1 regiment of peltasts. Phalanx got sandwiched when they reached the walls (they can't use spears when they're on the walls), peltasts got boiled alive when they reached the gate, and cavalry's number got reduced by boiling oil and then were wiped out by Town Watch. Whole Macedon army got destroyed and now I have plans for striking back.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7397 on: April 15, 2017, 05:30:43 pm »

You should strike back with your town watch since they've already demonstrated their prowess. I'm sure it would end well!  :P

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7398 on: April 15, 2017, 06:31:23 pm »

The "Tower of Power" finally held. We broke the ladder at the bottom this time and added another layer of reinforced wood spikes. We added two boxes at the top with food/water and various ammo. The scaffolds were extended with iron bars so we can shoot down at the base of the tower. We lost a few spike traps, but that was expected. I ate a sham sandwich that night and looted another 40. The most wonderful night.

Our distant neighbors on the server, all the way south, barely survived from what I heard on the chat. Apparently they made a bunker pyramid of iron bars and reinforced wood, but they almost got rekt by a cop zombo (those guys suck).

Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7399 on: April 15, 2017, 07:32:46 pm »

Found out you could muddle in DR2C files.

I think I made dogs too hardcore...

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #7400 on: April 16, 2017, 03:53:37 am »

You should strike back with your town watch since they've already demonstrated their prowess. I'm sure it would end well!  :P

As you can see, large caliber has already arrived.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7401 on: April 16, 2017, 04:24:45 am »

Managed to rescue an entire hapless hazmat team from a sewer, without either our group or theirs taking any casualties.
So. Many. Zombies.

Thanks to good conservation of ammo, accurate shooting and one incredibly well-placed grenade, we somehow triumphed despite having been unable to find a place to camp the night before, meaning we were all half-asleep. The rescuees rewarded us with a healthy supply of meds and (slightly soggy) food. Maybe this whole journey isn't doomed, after all. Maybe we have a chance. Maybe we'll make it.   

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Megawott06

• Bay Watcher
  • A dorfy Dewott.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7402 on: April 16, 2017, 06:06:48 am »

Playing the Overwatch Uprising event, we had two people drop out before we even reached the second point, leaving me as Roadhog and the other person as Bastion.

We still won.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7403 on: April 18, 2017, 03:51:38 am »

I picked up a scroll and, thinking it was a scroll of healing, used it immediately. I misread; it was not a scroll of healing. It was a scroll of phasing.

I got teleported into a tiny closed room full of acid beasts and poison spitters. These monsters leave acid pools whenever you hit them and launch really painful projectiles from across the room. At this point it's hard to even handle a regular group of them, let alone being trapped in the center of an entire room full.

I prevailed though, blasting the entire room with lightning and drinking literal dozens of health potions. My inventory was totally bare when all the monsters were dead, but I didn't suffer the pain of dying in a spot where it'd be really hard to retrieve my corpse.

Diablo 1.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #7404 on: April 18, 2017, 08:07:42 am »

Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #7405 on: April 18, 2017, 10:10:07 am »

I defeated the would-be Usurper's armies and restored peace to the realm. The Targaryens will reign for a thousand years!
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7406 on: April 18, 2017, 10:53:28 am »

Roblox

I didn't know that was worthy of being put in this thread.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #7407 on: April 18, 2017, 03:18:54 pm »

There was one space one that I used to absolutely love. Space Conquest, or something? It was brilliant.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7408 on: April 18, 2017, 05:25:55 pm »

Blew up a planet-sized tentacle monster, sparing the entire universe of death by hentai.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7409 on: April 18, 2017, 07:17:10 pm »

My friends are all playing!  ...in a six stack.  I join as spectator anyway.  Someone leaves, I get put in the game... on the enemy team.

So Roadhog isn't my favorite character, my Roadhog isn't particularly flashy or creative.  But when I absolutely want to try my ass off I pull out Roadhog, and that's what I did here.  Cue my friends being absolutely fucking terrified of me, my roommate who plays Mercy actually (mostly-sarcastically) yelling at me from another room, and one of my friends who was playing Tracer and Genji repeatedly trying to kill me.  I don't know if my friends were egging him on by saying things like "someone kill that Roadhog" or what, but he kept trying and it would go one of two ways.  One, I would hook him and kill him.  Two, I'd miss my hook, and then walk at him and kill him with right clicks.

Near the end of it all, I was standing next to one of the pillars near the cliff on Illios and my friend on Tracer sticks me while I'm healing from 300 to 600.  Cue him desperately trying to finish me off before i can slowly lumber over to the big healthpack, me getting to the healthpack at 10 health, and then finishing him off with a 80% kill from a single left click.

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 492 493 [494] 495 496 ... 711