Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492 493 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1332126 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #7350 on: March 21, 2017, 05:25:06 pm »

Not to diminish your ownage, but ABC sequencing has been in Starbound...basically since it was fairly early in development :P

Yeah I guess what I should have said I only just got into Starbound, and its more that I got back into ABC stuff because of it. It made me look around for the newest and best tools and it's like the best thing ever.

Used to be like, a multi-day thing to get drums to work properly. Now you can just like, hit the drum button. EZPZ. In LOTRO things would often not sound the same as they did in your MIDI program of choice, but someone made a Starbound-specific tool and you can preview it exactly and made adjustments.

I have stopped doing everything else so I can just mess about making multi-instrument sequences. I have all this work from LOTRO and Archeage that I can improve upon. Archeage was the worst.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7351 on: March 21, 2017, 11:08:21 pm »

I decided to try Motorsport Manager (Free trial until Monday on Steam) and I took the worst team I could find. As expected, my drivers end up last (19th & 20th) in the first race in russia. Then they finished 15th & 17th in Munich enough to get me a bonus from a sponsor, next race in Italy they were last again with 1 abandon.

Then the race in Portugal happened. The weather forecast was some light rain first followed by a small break before restarting. I opted for intermediate tyres right away and ignored the complaints of my drivers that the track was becoming dry. As the sole racing team starting with intermediate tyres it saved me one pit stop over the competition. In the end my drivers finished 10th and 12th and allowed me to gain the 9th rank in the teams ranking (Not that the owner really cares anyway).
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 12:59:22 pm by Wolock »

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7352 on: March 22, 2017, 12:49:06 pm »

I discovered the joy of being a free-range slime rancher; resulting in a vastly diverse landscape in my ranch.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 01:03:47 pm by Blaze »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7353 on: March 22, 2017, 10:42:40 pm »

Terror mission in Argentina. I need this to go well, or else I won't have very much funding; everybody's panicking, and I have satellite coverage but none of my Interceptors are good enough to do anything about the bogeys.

I land and discover Cyberdisks and Chryssalids. And all of them happen to be just outside the Skyranger. I level an entire building dealing with the first Cyberdisk, only to encounter the second one just beyond. Thankfully, RNGesus decided in my favor for this mission. Every shot hit the Cyberdisk, every shot was a critical. I also managed to destroy four Chryssalids and two zombies in the space of three turns, thanks to some heroic effort by my guymans.

Sniper "Ice" Wahid got three kills that mission without ever leaving the tile he started in.

I ended up saving 13/18 civilians, which is pretty miraculous considering Chryssalids. It's actually a good thing they all went straight for me, if I'd had to hunt them down it would have been 0 civvies saved.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7354 on: March 23, 2017, 02:45:25 pm »

Earned my gold Jogger medal this afternoon. I've officially walked over 1000 km since August.

Pokémon GO

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7355 on: March 23, 2017, 02:50:50 pm »

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7356 on: March 23, 2017, 03:33:28 pm »

The game is called slime rancher.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7357 on: March 23, 2017, 03:38:25 pm »

Shhh, Blaze likes to collect meteors. IIRC. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7358 on: March 23, 2017, 07:14:24 pm »

Deleted my save file because I'd messed up (Raven and Dorcas were dead and Bartre was out of action for the rest of the game), starting over fresh.

I was able to use my prior knowledge to make my team survive Lyn's story up to the sidequest with Ninian and her brother with no casualties.

Haven't yet continued the story, but things are looking quite good. Characters like Florina and Wil who I had previously ignored for the most part have now gained several levels, which ensures they'll be more fit for fighting when I get to Hector's Story.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7359 on: March 24, 2017, 12:18:40 am »

My XCOM game is going swimmingly. Panic isn't great but better than it has historically been at this stage, with most nations at 2 or 3 dots and a handful of danger spots (satellites will be ready before the next Council report). I have a single Firestorm, and there are upgraded Interceptors on every continent. I have plenty of high-level dudes, due to taking missions which gave soldiers as a reward. All the fires are put out, I may cautiously proceed with story missions.

The base assault is usually the part where I quit, due to being really really screwed with no tech and no funding.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7360 on: March 24, 2017, 01:45:46 am »

@AzyWing Spoiler alert: Florina top tier chicken horse mountie
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7361 on: March 24, 2017, 05:06:05 am »

I finished a (very large) 3x9 tall marble wall around my base's perimeter in Minecraft. I'm going to pretty it up with parapets and such later, and maybe create a drawbridge entrance. In the meantime, I've started production of rails again because you all know me, I love my minecarts.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7362 on: March 24, 2017, 06:09:57 pm »

Started my session trying to take Bitol Northern Outpost. A Valkyrie-drop of several heavies during the last 10 seconds required another attempt. Blew up the Valkyrie just before dying though. Nearly captured it but a light assault showing up again during the last 10 seconds nearly reversed it, but they logged out/redeployed after I started to bring my Sunderer's guns to bear.

Moved on to assist the attack on Bitol Biolab, only to run under assault from several Valkyrie squads including the one that got me before. Still managed a couple of kills before going down.

Switched my Sunderer's front gun to the Ranger, parked on a position giving me a pretty good view of the Biolab's airspace. Started buggering the hell out of any aircraft flying near or spawning at the base. It must have upset them. Despite multiple airstrikes from both Valkyries and Scythes, they couldn't kill me before being forced off by flak. During this, one BR100+ light assault tries to catapult off the Biolab airpad to C4 me from the air. First time, he eats a couple dozen flak rounds between dropping and (failing) detonating. Second time, he tries to land next to me, but got confused when I got out and shot at him, eventually stabbing him in the face.

By this point, I'm actually pretty low on ammo(and was just informed there was pizza to eat), but that same light assault now has a Magrider. I jump out and just let my Sunderer go. The Magrider kills a friendly nearby, then turns and runs off to Northern Outpost. I drop a few AT mines on the road and get his attention with my carbine. The ploy was so obvious that I'm genuinely surprised it worked. And I wouldn't really have cared if it didn't!

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7363 on: March 31, 2017, 02:02:42 pm »

Was actually able to use one of my inherited skills to save a comrade.

So, I'm doing 5-2 Lunatic to complete part one of the Lunatic Challenges, but things got ugly when Minerva used Lunge to trap my Cordelia, causing her to be attacked by three enemies at once: Minerva, Maria, and a Sword Knight (who Cordelia killed, making some breathing room).

So, I'm starting to panic, and I try to move my other units over there, but when I select Selena (who I'd given "Wings of Mercy" through the Inherit Skill ability), I notice two teal-ish colored squares next to Cordelia. A plan forms in my head.

I warp Selena over to where the North-East cracked wall is and have Selena destroy it, then I move Cordelia behind Selena so Minerva now has to get through a Sword user to hurt Cordelia.

I save my unit, complete the level, and get a free orb!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7364 on: March 31, 2017, 02:07:55 pm »

Defeated a 4000+ rated champion with my 1300 rated champion.

The Unstoppable Colossus is an aptly-named fellow.

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492 493 ... 711