Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 481 482 [483] 484 485 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1332212 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #7230 on: February 17, 2017, 08:03:46 pm »

Decided to try out flying a bit following the capture of Indar(which halves the cost of aircraft). A couple of air-to-air kills(in one life), at least. Eventually crashed trying to evade G2A missile fire by dodging between the support structure of Mani Biolab, but that's still better than expected.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7231 on: February 18, 2017, 12:55:37 am »

Reaper here. Ilios lighthouse is our setting. Enemy 90% to capping the point, my team hasn't touched it yet. I shadow step and point blank take down the Widowmaker overlooking the point, where everyone else is stationed. Hop down from the roof, Wraith form in, Q to win, Death Blossom. Fin. I cap the point solo with a Quintuple Kill. The enemy never touches the point again, thanks to some help from a Roadhog and a Lucio, and some creative standing in corners.

Overwatch.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7232 on: February 18, 2017, 04:07:58 am »

I beat the 'The Way Of The Fighter' mission in Way Of The Samurai 4.

In order to understand just how much this means to me, I've been playing on hard, this means enemy health and damage has been ramped up, alongside some small difficulty changes throughout the game, in this mission specifically you have to kill these bodyguards and collect five treasures that they drop, these drops are not guaranteed, however, and you can't leave the fight once you've started it, your character does not automatically pick up these items either, so you have to kick them, potentially leaving you vulnerable to the enemy attacker.

This seems bad enough, until it turns out that there aren't just five bodyguards, there's dozens, each of which deal enough damage to instantly kill you with their special, these specials are highly telegraphed and easy to avoid, but if you  flub a swing, miss the dodge timing, misjudge the attack distance, or even just be distracted by the ten-twenty other enemies surrounding you at all times, then you will likely be hit, some of their stances can even have their special be fast enough to stagger your guard, then begin another special and kill you that way with no way out, and their standard attacks still do significant damage anyway.

I think they're infinitely spawning, too, I wouldn't know, I didn't kill enough of them, the one saving grace I found is that newly spawned bodyguards have significantly less health, but they only needed to get lucky once, and they did, several times, but I beat them eventually, with gratuitous cheese, damage boosting items, and some luck of my own.

He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7233 on: February 18, 2017, 10:46:39 am »

That's the one with the Laura and her weird gothic protector dude?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7234 on: February 18, 2017, 02:19:15 pm »

Recieved the awards for Objectives 1-3, as well as "Can't Touch This" as Fletcher.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7235 on: February 18, 2017, 02:23:50 pm »

I am playing Enderal.

I got a skill that mind controls an enemy for 45 seconds and then makes them violently explode.

It's fantastic.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #7236 on: February 18, 2017, 03:09:56 pm »

My brother and I are co-oping our way through Dark Souls. Since we're both pretty decent at the game, we're kicking back and doing slightly ridiculous things. For instance, we decided to both start with Warrior, and then by a coin flip elected that I would level exclusively dex and he strength.

Then the first Black Knight dropped his shield, and thus was born a legendary system: I hold it with two hands (too weak to one-hand it) while my brother stands behind me and murders things with a halberd. Our alternative 'builds' (and I use the term loosely) are almost as good, since he goes completely naked in order to fast roll with the Dragon King Greataxe and I've been using the Scimitar with the Mailbreaker in my off-hand.

We tried to kill the Gaping Dragon by both using a Bandit's Knife, but that failed miserably because the damn thing doesn't seem to bleed. We did, however, manage to get the DKGA by using the DKGA, which was pretty funny. Firebombs have also figured largely in our shenanigans, including using them to kill both Channelers, killing the dogs, and one short-lived effort at killing the Gaping Dragon by hurling bombs from the balcony.

Then I gave up on that and went through the fog gate, only to discover my brother had neglected to warn me there was a dragon charging at it...

Dark Souls.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7237 on: February 18, 2017, 11:32:25 pm »

My third successful combat mission was a nighttime terror mission with about seven cyberdisks. I slowly beat my way through the alien forces with rockets and sniper fire, finally killing the last three with a demolition explosive and a sniper shot at point blank.

Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7238 on: February 19, 2017, 12:46:21 am »

Got Masterwork DF working on Mac. Wooo!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7239 on: February 19, 2017, 07:57:24 pm »

Managed to get past
without dying or voiding my bowels.

Her theme would actually be pretty relaxing

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7240 on: February 19, 2017, 11:29:11 pm »

Completed the game with only one continue used as SakuyaA.

For a run that good after such a long absence, I consider that an own.

(Though I should probably use a policy of "too soon rather than too late" when it comes to pressing X.)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7241 on: February 21, 2017, 10:22:33 pm »

Stuff, stuff, stuff, bombs, hey, a purple jar thing! I'm feeling curious as to whether or not the fire ray trap can break it, so I set off the fire ray trap on purpose. Turns out it can. I got several pieces of loot, most notably, a rifle.

After acquiring two other notable pieces of loot from other sources(plate armor and a potion), I face the boss of the fourth floor, the Dead Ringer. It's a difficult fight, but my rifle makes short work of the mooks, and I manage to do the other necessary things to win. For the first time. I celebrate by killing myself with my own bombs, only to revive with my potion. This turns out to be a stupid idea. Mainly because I have another boss to fight soon afterwards, right after the whopper of a cutscene I get(also, feels!).

If I still had my potion, maybe I would have survived the Necrodancer, who turns out to be [REDACTED]. Then I reach the second section, and my death hits. If only I hadn't committed suicide.

Crypt of the Necrodancer.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7242 on: February 22, 2017, 12:58:16 am »

I got two songs to 100% difficulty (although in one of them I brutally butchered the solo,) and purples in a bunch of other songs.

Rocksmith 2014.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #7243 on: February 22, 2017, 08:08:38 am »

I assassinated my sister which was Spawn of Satan before she managed to grow up and fuck up everything.

Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7244 on: February 22, 2017, 08:51:22 am »

Beat the game. That ending was awesome and then hilarious, although the Luchadores missions leading up to it were kinda lame.

I did very few minigames and found zero collectibles besides the introductory ones, so I've still got quite some playing to do.

Saints Row 3.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 08:53:05 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 481 482 [483] 484 485 ... 711